Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 12:29:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513012 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6225 on: June 25, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »

Picked up the Speedy this afternoon, good for another 6k miles... Dolph

Had them wire up the HealTech gear indicator while the bike was there, it's a nice touch as it was on the SF... Grin

waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6226 on: June 27, 2015, 09:34:58 AM »

Lubed the chain yesterday afternoon... Dolph

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6227 on: June 27, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »

Lubed the chain yesterday afternoon... Dolph

So, they don't do that as part of the service that you just paid for?   Did they even adjust the chain or was it all good before going in?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6228 on: June 27, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »

So, they don't do that as part of the service that you just paid for?   Did they even adjust the chain or was it all good before going in?

It's part of the service, I just prefer to clean and lube the chain myself...it's therapeutic and I prefer it lubed with Maxima Chain Wax, don't know what they use.  Supply my own oil also, they use Kawasaki branded synthetic...my brand costs a lot more, so I know it's better... Wink

15899Pani

« Reply #6229 on: June 27, 2015, 10:26:58 PM »

Been having a strange clutch problem for almost the whole time I have had my 899.  First time i noticed it i bleed the clutch and the problem was still there.  When it was in for the starter gear problem I told them and they said they would bleed it but it was still there when I picked it up.  If the clutch was disengaged in gear for the length of a stop light my friction point would basically move and become instantaneous upon engagement rather than 2/3rds out.  Anyways, took it in this morning and Eddie ended up putting on a new master cylinder.  Wow!  What a difference in overall ride ablity lol!
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6230 on: June 28, 2015, 07:52:40 AM »

A new master?  Was it replaced with the same model/piston size that came off the bike?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6231 on: June 28, 2015, 11:08:18 AM »

A new master?  Was it replaced with the same model/piston size that came off the bike?

Most likely....... the bike still has warranty I believe.

15899Pani

« Reply #6232 on: June 28, 2015, 02:35:35 PM »

Yup MD is correct.  Good old warranty!  Grin. Why I find spending the extra money for new worth while.   Dolph  Also installed a fender eliminator in my living room last night.   Cheesy  Now some new tires and I'll be happy for a bit lol.
pdog109

« Reply #6233 on: July 05, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »

Made a video of my ride around on the 3rd.
Anyone else see 18 wheelers driving in the left lane here?! hahaha

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6234 on: July 05, 2015, 05:13:42 PM »

Dude, venture off the freeway.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
pdog109

« Reply #6235 on: July 05, 2015, 05:22:25 PM »

Dude, venture off the freeway.

lol yeah well i had to take the freeway to check out the pali highway never been there before still exploring the island.
i did Tantalus drive a few weeks ago, was not ready for that!
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6236 on: July 05, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »

lol yeah well i had to take the freeway to check out the pali highway never been there before still exploring the island.
i did Tantalus drive a few weeks ago, was not ready for that!

Haven't been on that road for years.  LOVED it when I was there, back before the road surface turned to shit.

pdog109

« Reply #6237 on: July 05, 2015, 05:27:22 PM »

Haven't been on that road for years.  LOVED it when I was there, back before the road surface turned to shit.

I wasn't worried about the road surface it was the crazy curves that i have never encountered before on my bike think i was in 2nd gear the entire time pussy-footing it through but at least i didn't wreck that's a plus in my book hahaha.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6238 on: July 05, 2015, 06:23:41 PM »

Those "crazy curves" are what make that road (potentially) so much fun.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6239 on: July 05, 2015, 07:05:38 PM »

Those "crazy curves" are what make that road (potentially) so much fun.

Grin

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: