Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:34:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514931 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #765 on: June 10, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »

Packed a couple of tough boxes to send home via mps mail.  Got six days left down here, then it's off to my three beers a day followed by interviews in DC.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #766 on: June 10, 2009, 11:28:29 PM »

Yep, along with a new fender, clip ons and the speedymoto triples.

What was done to the bike? 

Oh boy! We get to graft on a completely different front end than what was designed for the bike. Should be able to pop that out in a couple of hours no sweat.   Roll Eyes

As for the 848 I have to splice in new headlight connectors because the former owner had installed high output Halogen bulbs (more wattage than stock). I knew that he did that and the low beam burnt out this last weekend. I opened up the bulb access door & removed the bulb. The connector was sticking into the bulb and after some diligent effort I finally popped the bulb free. It turned out that the high output (read high heat) bulb had M-E-L-T-E-D the connector to the bulb. The actual bulb is OK and not burnt at all. I have special high heat connectors on their way here now & I'm installing the proper bulbs.

The headlights aren't aimed for shit either and I'm hoping nothing is messed up too badly there.

When the taillight & turn signal mods were done the taillight was not fitted properly into the seat/tail section and it is loose. I'm hoping that the mounting tabs inside the rear seat housing aren't broken.

When the guy replaced the brake levers he cosmetically damaged the stock front brake lever when the hinge was pressed out. That's OK, you have a hard time seeing the damage when the lever is installed.

I'm removing the rear sets and reinstalling the original pegs unless the Monster sells at which point I may just replace the rear sets with Satos.

The carbon front fender that came with the bike was cheap-cheap-cheap. It's been replaced with a Shift-Tech fender. Now why you would install a front fender using red Loctite is beyond me but........

I'm sure other little surprises are awaiting.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #767 on: June 11, 2009, 11:18:26 AM »

Oh boy! We get to graft on a completely different front end than what was designed for the bike. Should be able to pop that out in a couple of hours no sweat.   Roll Eyes

Wel, at least this new front end is all from the same sort of bike (don't forget, my new calipers are from a 999 as well), so THAT should all come together quite nicely.   Grin

And hey, don't complain, you're getting free Oakleys, beer and  bacon for your troubles.  Wink
teddy037.2
« Reply #768 on: June 11, 2009, 11:34:17 AM »

lol

"will wrench for bacon"
DRKWNG
« Reply #769 on: June 11, 2009, 07:52:24 PM »

Trying to decide if I should stick with bringing two carpets home, or drop the dime on a third...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #770 on: June 11, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »

I think you are already overdoing it with 2.  Can't you just spread newspaper out?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #771 on: June 11, 2009, 08:41:10 PM »

I think you are already overdoing it with 2.  Can't you just spread newspaper out?

For the cats?  Sure.  But I like finer things.  Wink
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #772 on: June 11, 2009, 11:29:25 PM »

For the cats?  Sure.  But I like finer things.  Wink

so use the wall street friggin journal  Wink

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #773 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:25 PM »

lol

"will wrench for bacon"

Don't forget the  drink chug Cool

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Tigermeat
« Reply #774 on: June 12, 2009, 01:07:51 AM »

2-1/2 hour battle to get the nut off the front sprocket.  Wrench = no.  Wrench + heat = no. Cheater pipe = no. Cheater pipe + heat = no. Impact = no.  WTF?

3' cheater pipe + liquid wrench + standing on the rear brake + uttering some sounds never heard before = yes.

I must be getting old.  I don't remember it taking this long to get a nut off.  I heard that happens.
DRKWNG
« Reply #775 on: June 12, 2009, 05:40:20 AM »

I don't remember it taking this long to get a nut off.  I heard that happens.

So you would rather be premature?
Tigermeat
« Reply #776 on: June 12, 2009, 07:58:45 AM »

So you would rather be premature?

Bahahaha laughingdp.  I guess It's better I didn't just pop a nut off ridin' down the highway!

Got the new 14t on, chain waxed & tensioned, rearset & clutch slave installed.  Just need final torqueing today & put the cover back on pau.
teddy037.2
« Reply #777 on: June 12, 2009, 08:18:58 AM »

LEFTY loosey, RIGHTY tighty

Kiss
DRKWNG
« Reply #778 on: June 13, 2009, 01:33:20 AM »

Just found out about a USARCENT policy that states I cannot ship/mail personally owned rifle magazines back home, which makes me a little mad.  Why does it make me mad?  Because the post office told me that I could do just such a thing shortly before I spent the $180 dollars on getting ten of them over here.  make the beast with two backsing Army!
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #779 on: June 13, 2009, 07:59:47 AM »

when we came back, we just packed them in our personal bags. I was able to ship some shrapnel from 2 1500lb+ VBIEDS that hit our platoon. I just told them it was part of a wind chime that I was building Grin supid postal people

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: