Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 11:26:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 524123 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #960 on: July 17, 2009, 08:53:27 AM »

Sure am glad to see that you have retained that optimism of yours...

cheeky

teddy037.2
« Reply #961 on: July 17, 2009, 09:31:43 AM »

...it's what I do...
DRKWNG
« Reply #962 on: July 17, 2009, 09:54:40 AM »

Last week day off for me.  Chilling out, watching the Tour, and thinking of kicking the dog for a while...
DRKWNG
« Reply #963 on: July 17, 2009, 11:02:28 AM »

Just bought some new masters as well as a 53mm Ohlins clamp for the SC.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:27:41 AM by DRKWNG » Logged
teddy037.2
« Reply #964 on: July 17, 2009, 12:32:55 PM »

ugh.

I'm drinking a soda...
teddy037.2
« Reply #965 on: July 17, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »

one hour to go...

Roll Eyes
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #966 on: July 17, 2009, 09:26:55 PM »

Just bought some new masters as well as a 53mm Ohlins clamp for the SC.

The RCS's? (You dog)

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #967 on: July 17, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »

The RCS's? (You dog)

Yep. Found a guy on ducati.ms that was parting out a bike he was building due to financial problems. He had a set that had been mounted only, but never had fluid run through them. Saved me about a hundred dollars.   Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #968 on: July 17, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »

Yep. Found a guy on ducati.ms that was parting out a bike he was building due to financial problems. He had a set that had been mounted only, but never had fluid run through them. Saved me about a hundred dollars.   Grin

You double dog you!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #969 on: July 17, 2009, 10:20:53 PM »

You double dog you!

What? You knew that once I started down this road there was no turning back. I also want to try lowering the forks in the triples a touch (maybe 1 cm or so). Maybe that, and the new masters would give me the space I need to mount the damper and remove the spacers from the clip-ons.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #970 on: July 20, 2009, 07:48:21 AM »

So yesterday, Sunday, was about as good as it gets, even with suck traffic. Got laundry, shopping done early and in time to see the British Open playoff. Too bad Watson didn't win. That would have been too cool on several different levels.

No rain here at home and had a clear ride into town to meet with Ben. Pali Hwy was clear (yay!) so I got a good test on the new settings for the shock. Ben & I got some semi-good zoom-zoom but traffic congestion kept us super safe. Great breakfast at Brent's (as always). Got to ride Ben's modified SC through two passes up at Norfolk. The bike works amazing well and is a joy to ride!

Then over the Pali again and up over Tantalus. The 848 likes that road. Out to Mililani/Wahiawa and back to South Seas to check out the Nicky Hayden 848 but it was already gone. Boo! They say the new owner of that bike will be coming out to do the monthly ride with us. We'll see I guess.

Very quick stop at Magoos/Varsity and off to home. I let about 20 cars get ahead of me going up the Pali. Just idling along at 45 mph by the time I got to the Upper Pali road junction I couldn't see anyone in front of me or behind me. Just going past the reservoir a couple cars caught me from behind so I decided to speed up just a bit anticipating a clear shot to the tunnels and the downhill turns. Within sight of the tunnels all of the aforementioned cars that I let go were just getting there and both lanes totally clogged at about 40 mph all the way down. WTF? What did they all do.? Stop and have a smoke break to wait for me? PMO.

Got home and watched the MotoGP race. Stoner sliding that bike all over and like they said, riding the wheels off of it. No denying Rossi though. Pedrobot is such a dip.

Watched the day's stage of the TdF. Wowee!

Pretty much felt like a good weekend.

DRKWNG
« Reply #971 on: July 20, 2009, 10:28:05 PM »

Got to ride Ben's modified SC through two passes up at Norfolk. The bike works amazing well and is a joy to ride!

I'm quite pleased with how the thing turned out.  Now just need to do that slight reposition job with the forks, mount the damper and see what happens.  I'm impressed with that 848 as well, need to spend a wee bit more time on it though to see if the 1098S would be needed to fill that torque craving.   Grin

Pretty much felt like a good weekend.

Yessir, that it did indeed.  Felt a bit strange going back in to work today though...
teddy037.2
« Reply #972 on: July 21, 2009, 06:58:00 AM »

teddy needs a make the beast with two backsing drink.
teddy037.2
« Reply #973 on: July 22, 2009, 07:20:31 AM »

let's see...

got my re-qual this morning... hopefully not much after that...

and work tonight.

what is it, wednesday?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #974 on: July 22, 2009, 07:43:37 AM »

I'm impressed with that 848 as well, need to spend a wee bit more time on it though to see if the 1098S would be needed to fill that torque craving.   Grin

What you need now is a ride on a 1098/1198 to compare it with. The torque craving will always be there.  bow down  It's just a question of how badly one craves it and whether or not you can still be OK without that massive hit.   Cool

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: