Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 11:13:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536800 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3120 on: October 17, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »

YES! 

That is all. 

Gene & I took boss-ski on his inaugural "big bike" ride. The Monster 620ie.  King Street up to Harding and out Kalanianaole around Koko Head & Makapuu. Up the Pali to town. At first he thought turns were hard then he got it that turns were fun.

Gene & I rode out to Wailua and swapped bikes. So I got to run the Streetfigher up Snake Road with the new suspension settings. We didn't have as clear a run going up as we did going down but it still was good. And Ben, Gene's new baffle work sounds great!!  A perfect note -- loud enough without being obnoxious. I'm thinking that the Streetfighter is the best all rounder. Seriously. ........... I'd be in far more trouble with one of those than the 848 and that is saying a lot. 

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3121 on: October 17, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »

Rick made some adjustments to the compression damping fore and aft this morning, suspension feels like it's working better on the rougher patches of H1...and still feels good in snake road type turns... Grin

Rick, do you remember the settings?...I forgot to write them down.

It's all on paper at the shop. Now to just reset the pre-load and take out that slight clunk-clunk in the front end.  waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3122 on: October 17, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »

It's all on paper at the shop. Now to just reset the pre-load and take out that slight clunk-clunk in the front end.  waytogo

Sounds good...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3123 on: October 17, 2010, 07:49:28 PM »

I was re-reading some suspension info I have and was wondering if we zero'd out the rebound before we set the sag...if we didn't, maybe that will help some when we do it again...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3124 on: October 17, 2010, 08:36:13 PM »

I was re-reading some suspension info I have and was wondering if we zero'd out the rebound before we set the sag...if we didn't, maybe that will help some when we do it again...

Some folks believe in adjusting the damping to the softest/fastest settings before setting pre-load but damping only restricts how fast the shock absorber compresses and decompresses.  The actual spring setting is totally independent of the damping qualities.  This guy believes that the damping settings will have no effect whatsoever on the spring preload rate. But once a spring load has been set then damping may have to be readjusted to compensate. I don't think this will apply in your case but we can always set the preload and go from there. It all works out the same in the end. The reason they want to set the damping to zero is so that there is no effect whatsoever on the the preload but if you bounce the shock enough and wait a bit then the damping still has no effect on the preload. This damping to zero just helps eliminate error with folks who are rushing through an adjustment.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3125 on: October 17, 2010, 09:12:01 PM »

The reason they want to set the damping to zero is so that there is no effect whatsoever on the the preload but if you bounce the shock enough and wait a bit then the damping still has no effect on the preload.

makes sense...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3126 on: October 17, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »

And on that note, pun intended, we are having a semi-impromptu jam session & bar-b-que at the house --- seriously competent recording studio musicians mixing it up with the amateurs over at the house -- lots of Jimi -- Allman Bros -- Robert Johnson -- Eric Clapton -- Stevie Ray going on -- lot of food, beers & wine -- will post pics later -- why oh why does this happen on a Sunday and not on a Saturday? --- but maybe that's a good thing!!  Five to six electric guitars at any one time including at sit down slide -- & drums ---- only thing missing is an organ but they haven't brought that down.... yet.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3127 on: October 17, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »

And on that note, pun intended, we are having a semi-impromptu jam session & bar-b-que at the house --- seriously competent recording studio musicians mixing it up with the amateurs over at the house -- lots of Jimi -- Allman Bros -- Robert Johnson -- Eric Clapton -- Stevie Ray going on -- lot of food, beers & wine -- will post pics later -- why oh why does this happen on a Sunday and not on a Saturday? --- but maybe that's a good thing!!  Five to six electric guitars at any one time including at sit down slide -- & drums ---- only thing missing is an organ but they haven't brought that down.... yet.

SWEET!...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3128 on: October 18, 2010, 08:33:04 AM »

Actually, as I looked at the notes this morning, it's not all on paper.  bang head bang head The rear shock notes list actual turns out from full stiff and the front fork compression reads the adjustment change difference from where we started and nothing is noted on the rebound ( I think because we didn't change the front rebound, did we?  bang head laughingdp ) So don't touch it without making copious and accurate notes, something this idiot purports to do but actually doesn't.   Roll Eyes Grin

BTW ----- I really, really liked the Streetfighter!  waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3129 on: October 18, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »

We didn't touch the front rebound and only checked the rear rebound, they're both at the stock 2 turns out...we backed out the front compression damping from where I had it at 1/2 turn out to I believe 1 full turn, and reset the rear compression to the stock 2 turns out...

Ever figure out what the clunk in the front end might be?

The 848 is sweet also...but I thrive on the yank the bars out of your hands if you're not paying attention power of the SF... Grin
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:02:43 AM by Gene V » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3130 on: October 18, 2010, 06:47:44 PM »

I know for a fact that the rear rebound was adjusted, or at least turned.  It's now 2 full turns out from complete stiff (slowest setting) -- The rear compression is 2 1/4 turns out from full in (complete stiff).

The clunk in the front may be pre-load adjusters not sitting on the springs and we are hearing them contact.  Maybe?Huh?? That's why I want to re-visit the front pre-load setting.

Yep. The 848 is subtle fast.  The Streetfighter is not subtle about it.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3131 on: October 18, 2010, 07:38:27 PM »

I know for a fact that the rear rebound was adjusted, or at least turned.  It's now 2 full turns out from complete stiff (slowest setting) -- The rear compression is 2 1/4 turns out from full in (complete stiff).

The clunk in the front may be pre-load adjusters not sitting on the springs and we are hearing them contact.  Maybe?Huh?? That's why I want to re-visit the front pre-load setting.

Yep. The 848 is subtle fast.  The Streetfighter is not subtle about it.

rahjah... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3132 on: October 20, 2010, 08:11:54 AM »

Bought another set of dB killers for the 848. These will be hacked up just like the previous ones in search of the perfect exhaust note. Well, the perfect note is wide open unrestricted  Evil. I trying to find something in between similar to what Gene ended up with.

DRKWNG
« Reply #3133 on: October 22, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »

Had dinner with Laughn this evening. 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3134 on: October 22, 2010, 11:10:12 PM »

Did he make the move?  We just saw him a couple/three weeks ago at Starbucks.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: