Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 05:27:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536661 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3210 on: December 04, 2010, 12:17:47 AM »

Got me some Blue Eyed Boy.   waytogo

Wonderful! I remember when we shared some up at Tristan & Jen's. What a night.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3211 on: December 04, 2010, 05:13:25 AM »

Wonderful! I remember when we shared some up at Tristan & Jen's. What a night.

Did we have some up at theirs?  It must have been one hell of a night, because I don't remember anything about it.   Wink I only remember having it that once at my place, shortly before heading off to Afghanistan. In fact, that very well could have been Teddy's last appearance out in public.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3212 on: December 04, 2010, 08:50:21 AM »

Maybe it was up at your place. I get confoozeled. Yes, I think that was the last time we all saw Teddy. Tristan & Jen have seen him since then.

Heading out for early breakfast today, in fact in just minutes.  We are having a BMW Car Club Tech session down at the shop today starting at 0900.  I'm taking the 848 and will have new rubber put on it today. Might put up the outside Christmas lights later on.......

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3213 on: December 04, 2010, 08:53:45 AM »

I'm taking the 848 and will have new rubber put on it today.

What are you getting?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3214 on: December 04, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »

At this point the Q2's have a slight edge over the Pures. That could change over the next hour.

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3215 on: December 04, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »

Where are you getting them mounted at?

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3216 on: December 04, 2010, 01:12:09 PM »

At this point the Q2's have a slight edge over the Pures. That could change over the next hour.

In the last few seconds the Pures won. Having them done at Cycle Sports. Just took the wheels by themselves in but the only bummer is they can't balance the rear wheel.

DRKWNG
« Reply #3217 on: December 04, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »

Why not?  Do they not have the capability to spin the rear wheel on a balancer?

Also, what factors were you using to judge the tires?
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3218 on: December 04, 2010, 01:49:16 PM »

Aw man I was looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Q2s  Sad

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3219 on: December 04, 2010, 02:30:44 PM »

watch as two workers fixed my living room's ceiling ... damaged by water ... no insurance wont pay for it ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3220 on: December 04, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »

Why not?  Do they not have the capability to spin the rear wheel on a balancer?

Also, what factors were you using to judge the tires?

They can spin the front tire because they have adapters that will fit that size axle but they don't have adapters big enough to fit the axle holes in the rear wheel.

The Q2 gets good reviews but so do the Pures. Emile told me he would put Pures back on his bike if he was keeping it. Then too, I'm sort of a Michelin guy and when I saw them on display in the Parts Dept that was it. Kim said he thought they be a bit stickier than the Q2's so what the heck. How's that for scientific reasoning?  Hope I made the right choice, I think I'll be alright.

DRKWNG
« Reply #3221 on: December 04, 2010, 03:05:55 PM »

Well, all I can say is this: I have yet to hear anyone express any remorse or regret what-so-ever after buying the Pures.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3222 on: December 04, 2010, 07:13:01 PM »

Well, all I can say is this: I have yet to hear anyone express any remorse or regret what-so-ever after buying the Pures.

The jury is still out......... Gene & I went over Tantalus at a moderate pace. I had to slow way down as I was getting tire slide front & rear and it was a DRY road.  Angry  They also feel hard compared to the old Power Roads. That stiffness may be getting a bit softer but it's only been Tantalus and then home. Difficult to tell for sure. Maybe after they break in they will be better. I hope so.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:16:30 PM by mac900 » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3223 on: December 04, 2010, 07:43:09 PM »

Sounds like you need to put some more miles on them...the weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow...Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3224 on: December 04, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »

Aw man I was looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Q2s  Sad

What's your opinion? You're running on them, right?

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: