Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 08:29:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536507 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3315 on: January 02, 2011, 05:56:03 PM »

Had a good ride with the guys, ate lunch after and then had a nice one hour nap...gonna attack the Christmas tree now...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3316 on: January 02, 2011, 06:19:52 PM »

Had a good ride with the guys, ate lunch after and then had a nice one hour nap...gonna attack the Christmas tree now...

That's what we're doing. I've got the outside lights down and packed. Gloria is taking all the ornaments off the tree now. We may leave the lights in for the next week, or not, but at some time we're going to torch the tree........

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3317 on: January 03, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »

Hey Gene V,

Tried out the M3 ... tranny is toast ... at speeds won't shift unless you tell it to and even then it takes it sweet time ...
I told the guy, thanks but no thanks ... I really like the car

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3318 on: January 03, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »

Hey Gene V,

Tried out the M3 ... tranny is toast ... at speeds won't shift unless you tell it to and even then it takes it sweet time ...

Yeah, the euro-spec E36M3s have the motor & handling...too bad the one you were looking at has the SMG...

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3319 on: January 03, 2011, 05:24:36 PM »

Yeah, the euro-spec E36M3s have the motor & handling...too bad the one you were looking at has the SMG...

At the time, is too much money for me to purchase/repair, since the guy's not willing to go down to $2500.00 ... If he had said yes, I might have gone for it and just drive it up to 4th and that's it, in the city I don't need more gears ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3320 on: January 03, 2011, 07:17:35 PM »

That's what we're doing. I've got the outside lights down and packed. Gloria is taking all the ornaments off the tree now. We may leave the lights in for the next week, or not, but at some time we're going to torch the tree........

screw that.  my lights stay up all year.  Of course, I am infamously lazy...

Yesterday: went for a little bike ride, and ended up in Mokuleia. Not sure how that happened, but it was a great day for a pretty epic ride.  it's amazing how my back can handle the biciclette but not the Monster. 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3321 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:23 PM »

Did you put clip-ons on the Monster?  I forgot.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3322 on: January 04, 2011, 01:57:39 AM »

Think he put Cycle Cat clip ons on it when we did the fork swap, but I might have hit the pipe once or twice between now and then.

Jebus, I think a Super Duke would be very back friendly for you.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3323 on: January 04, 2011, 08:23:48 AM »

Jebus, I think a Super Duke would be very back friendly for you.

Not to mention that it would be a nice power upgrade from the 750 as opposed to a 1000 Monster which would still be an upgrade but not like a SD.

Then again he could get a back brace and that might be a good cheap effective mod.  cheeky

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3324 on: January 04, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »

Then again he could get a back brace and that might be a good cheap effective mod.  cheeky

I've had back problems for years and currently have degenerative disc disease...with the help of a couple of physical therapists I now have a daily stretching routine that loosens me up and strenghtens my back and abdomen muscles...no more Vioxx or Celebrex for me!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:55:04 AM by Gene V » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3325 on: January 04, 2011, 10:44:25 PM »

Hey Gene V,

I don't care, no matter what...... I tell people to stay away from SMG.  Even one of my good buddies bought a M6 with SMG. Big loss I say.  I've had my guys work on them. Way too expensive to repair considering what you get performance wise.  I've had seat time driving them at their fastest and most sensitive shift points and I can still out do them with a regular standard shift.  If you worship the tech gods then have at it.  If you can't work a standard trans and this is the best you can do and you have money to burn then have at it. I won't sugar coat it. I'm impressed with the engineering that went into it but it's still a big, huge bunch of costly shit that really doesn't do make the beast with two backs all. If you can't drive a stick well then accept that and work an automatic. The present day automatics, flawed as they are, are still a better option for most folks. The current day SMG is a mere shadow of what is running in F1. I have no experience with the new Ferrari set ups so I can't speak for them but don't waste your money on the BMW, not at this point that is.

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3326 on: January 05, 2011, 06:26:06 AM »

I don't care, no matter what...... I tell people to stay away from SMG.  Even one of my good buddies bought a M6 with SMG. Big loss I say.  I've had my guys work on them. Way too expensive to repair considering what you get performance wise.  I've had seat time driving them at their fastest and most sensitive shift points and I can still out do them with a regular standard shift.  If you worship the tech gods then have at it.  If you can't work a standard trans and this is the best you can do and you have money to burn then have at it. I won't sugar coat it. I'm impressed with the engineering that went into it but it's still a big, huge bunch of costly shit that really doesn't do make the beast with two backs all. If you can't drive a stick well then accept that and work an automatic. The present day automatics, flawed as they are, are still a better option for most folks. The current day SMG is a mere shadow of what is running in F1. I have no experience with the new Ferrari set ups so I can't speak for them but don't waste your money on the BMW, not at this point that is.

mac,
i was considering the car due to the $4500.00 down to $4000.00 price ... but after driving it ... no can do and a 6 speed manual from a coupe that has now an X-Trac 6 speed was being sold to me for $1500.00 +$500.00 install ... Since the guy wouldn't drop to $2500.00 I said no ...
I love manuals ... Why else would I ride a bike if I didn't like shifting myself? Already have an auto-shifter at home, my wife's Suzuki Swift [2007 vintage] that I occasionally drive like a stick shift] ... and must say, this little car goes ...
As an auto tech I get what you mean, but, if the SMG wasn't f$#@*& up, I'd had gone for it, knowing what to spect in the future ...

Carlos
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3327 on: January 05, 2011, 06:01:45 PM »

Like the 'wing said, it has cycle cat clip-ons, but they are the riser version and only a tiny touch lower than the stock bar.  Someday I'll get the new brake lines, allowing me to install the levers I bought from Ben, which will allow the full range of adjustability offered by the clip ons, but for now, I gots what I gots.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3328 on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »

played around in mililani tech this afternoon on the 848 Grin

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3329 on: January 07, 2011, 05:44:48 PM »

Short ride to Ko Olina & back this morning, followed by a mid-cycle oil change for the SF...after that I readied the car for Sunday's autocross...

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: