Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 02:18:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536391 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3420 on: January 30, 2011, 05:16:20 PM »

That mount for the gear indicator looks real nice...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3421 on: January 30, 2011, 06:01:29 PM »

I used the single bolt mount. It's not moving, let me tell you. Took a couple hours to fabricate and it's still a tiny bit rough but I think it'll work fine.

If you get a Heal Pro making up a mount might be a bit trickier but I bet something real nice could be done.   waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3422 on: January 30, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »

If you get a Heal Pro making up a mount might be a bit trickier but I bet something real nice could be done.   waytogo

After seeing yours, that may be my next purchase... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3423 on: January 30, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »

It's official.  I'm keeping the 848, for the time being anyway. I blew off the guy who wanted to look at it yesterday afternoon. Sent him a text message saying I was thinking about keeping it but he could look at it anyway and still make me an offer. He replied saying he understood about keeping our babies and was actually more interested in a couple other Ducatis.  So there.

There's an article in the back of the March issue of Sport Rider, Benchracing - Learning to Listen by Jeff Hughes.  I will be the 916 rider.   cheeky

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3424 on: January 30, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »

After seeing yours, that may be my next purchase... Grin

Which vendor did you purchase yours from?  I noticed that the X model is less expensive than the DS, is it an older version?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3425 on: January 30, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »

Which vendor did you purchase yours from?  I noticed that the X model is less expensive than the DS, is it an older version?

I got mine from Blue Monkey Motorsports (?)-Cal Sportbike in Idaho.  I believe the X must be the newest version. I got the DS and if you go to the Cal Sportbike website and use the menu selecting the Streetfighter you will be directed to the DS model. Maybe you can find the X from someone else?  I had bookmarked the item from a while ago and didn't even realize there was a X model available.  The DS seemed to be miles ahead of the previous version.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:27:08 PM by MadDuck » Logged

DRKWNG
« Reply #3426 on: January 30, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »

Good choice on the gear indicator.  I really liked the fact that the Daytona had one, and have been missing it since.  Oh well...

And congrats on the decision to keep the 848!!

Boss-ski was there putting his new Pinerello together and he was laughing too.

So he got ANOTHER Pin?   Shocked
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3427 on: January 30, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »

Not only did he get another one, both Dogmas, (first one has some debatable warranty issue with the carbon seat tube cracking at the front derailleur mount --- clamp on mount) -- he also bought a set of the carbon Lightweight Wheels.  Two carbon clinchers that cost as much as a set of BST's!  How about that?

DRKWNG
« Reply #3428 on: January 31, 2011, 03:09:28 AM »

G'damn!!   I think I remember you telling me about the seat tube issue a while back...  Kind of surprised he didn't want to go with a Ti frame. I know they aren't quite as sexy (to some) than carbon, but he sure wouldn't have to deal with that sort of crap anymore...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3429 on: January 31, 2011, 08:39:15 AM »

G'damn!!   I think I remember you telling me about the seat tube issue a while back...  Kind of surprised he didn't want to go with a Ti frame. I know they aren't quite as sexy (to some) than carbon, but he sure wouldn't have to deal with that sort of crap anymore...

He has a Ti frame Litespeed Ghisallo. That was the first bike and it's now the rain bike. The new Dogma has a "braze-on" derailleur mount.

DRKWNG
« Reply #3430 on: January 31, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »

Got something in the mail.   waytogo
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3431 on: January 31, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »

Got something in the mail.   waytogo

Me too!...I'll tell you what I got if you tell me what you got... Grin

DRKWNG
« Reply #3432 on: January 31, 2011, 06:20:07 PM »

pervert!!

cheeky
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3433 on: January 31, 2011, 06:47:38 PM »

Thanks for the compliment!... Kiss

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3434 on: February 01, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »

So guys......... what did ya'll get?

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: