Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 10:15:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536316 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3465 on: February 07, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »

Got the carbs sorted out on the old Monster and will be installing them tomorrow. There is a light at the end of the tunnel for the 848 and it may not be a train coming from the opposite direction. Got the clutch reservoir sorted and system bled again. Got two starter button switch assemblies coming so that I can make one out of them and install it on the 48. Modified the right side clip on bar mounting so that I can set the throttle angle proper to accomodate the master. It might be a bit early to say but it looks like this set up will turn out nicely. We'll see.

Hope you get that thing done for Sunday's Monthly Ducati Ride, assuming there will be one...and that it doesn't rain...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3466 on: February 07, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »

Hope you get that thing done for Sunday's Monthly Ducati Ride, assuming there will be one...and that it doesn't rain...

I'm not holding my breath on either count.  Worse comes to worst, I can always try to score a Hyper with a leaking rear tire.   cheeky

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3467 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »

I'm not holding my breath on either count.  Worse comes to worst, I can always try to score a Hyper with a leaking rear tire.   cheeky

If the ride manifests itself as planned we hope you can make it, as we needs some sanity out there...last time out prior to getting underway, our leader declared that he needed to "scare himself"....Shocked

DRKWNG
« Reply #3468 on: February 08, 2011, 02:12:03 AM »

We will likely be in MD by the end of the year.  I am currently seeking external employment.

Ah, cool. You guys would probably want to be living a good bit north of here though, assuming you'd be working at the Fort.

What are you going to do with your place? I know of someone coming down to the island that might be interested in it if she gets placed at the tunnel.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3469 on: February 08, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »

If the ride manifests itself as planned we hope you can make it, as we needs some sanity out there...last time out prior to getting underway, our leader declared that he needed to "scare himself"....Shocked

You're looking to me for sanity?  Gee thanks.  Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3470 on: February 08, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »

You're looking to me for sanity?  Gee thanks.  Roll Eyes

Well at least you don't have a death wish...right?...

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3471 on: February 08, 2011, 06:41:43 PM »

Ah, cool. You guys would probably want to be living a good bit north of here though, assuming you'd be working at the Fort.

What are you going to do with your place? I know of someone coming down to the island that might be interested in it if she gets placed at the tunnel.

Jen will be at the fort, I may or may not be.  As a civvie, i could be pretty much anywhere.

As for the house here, umm, good question.  It's an easy place to rent, but it will be for a pretty major loss every month.  Contemplating the dreaded short sale, but, you know, yuck.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
whackie

« Reply #3472 on: February 09, 2011, 01:55:38 AM »

speaking of real estate, we're starting to house hunt. looks like brian and i will be here for another term.

i guess there's a boat that needs him before he's even set to transfer. he's kind of getting screwed since he was trying to change his rating at the same time he was getting his new orders. something like there's a shortage of et chiefs... blah blah blah.

on the bright side, probably not as bad as a surprise deployment. btw, what's your puppy going to do?

Undecided
DRKWNG
« Reply #3473 on: February 09, 2011, 02:05:23 AM »

I've got two options with D; put her on the street and hope for the best, or let a friend in Spingfield take care of her while I'm gone.  Hmmm...
whackie

« Reply #3474 on: February 09, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »

that's pretty cool of them. i wonder if they'll willing give he back after; she such a sweetheart.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3475 on: February 12, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »

Went down to the shop this afternoon and watched a master tech do what master techs do...curse and throw stuff like the rest of us... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3476 on: February 13, 2011, 01:33:45 AM »

Went down to the shop this afternoon and watched a master tech do what master techs do...curse and throw stuff like the rest of us... Grin

Curse, yes.  Throw, no. You haven't seen throw, from me anyway, not like I used to.  Evil Grin

DRKWNG
« Reply #3477 on: February 13, 2011, 05:44:34 AM »

I've seen it.   Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3478 on: February 13, 2011, 10:39:54 AM »

I've seen it.   Grin

Shussshh you.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3479 on: February 13, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »

Got the 848 back on the road today with Brandon's help. Needs a bit of tweaking but it's working.  [moto]

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: