Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 10:16:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536323 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3480 on: February 13, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »

Got the 848 back on the road today with Brandon's help. Needs a bit of tweaking but it's working.  [moto]

How's da new stoppers?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3481 on: February 13, 2011, 11:06:13 PM »

The faster you go the better they work. For real. At slower speeds there's not much difference to feel. Start winding it up and pull on them and there is a difference. There are other tests and other roads to test them on. They were hell to bleed and there is a slight chance that there still could be a bit of air in them but we were pretty thorough. So far so good but there is not an extreme difference like when I put the racing masters on the Monster. It's more subtle but still good.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3482 on: February 14, 2011, 03:25:07 AM »

Just wait until you give them a good ol' panic squeeze. 

Also, did the calipers come off a 1098, 1198 or Hyper S? I can't remember...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3483 on: February 14, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »

Just wait until you give them a good ol' panic squeeze. 

Also, did the calipers come off a 1098, 1198 or Hyper S? I can't remember...

I gave them a good squeeze on the Kaukohonua Straight. They work. The calipers came off of a Hyper S but I believe they are the same part as the 1098. Takes the same brake pad.

This is where it would be cool to have the two bikes together so we could switch off and compare.  [moto]

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3484 on: February 14, 2011, 01:49:12 PM »

This is where it would be cool to have the two bikes together so we could switch off and compare.  [moto]

Damn straight it would!   Evil

I was curious about the calipers though, because I think there were differences in the caliper piston sizes between the 1098 and the 1198.  That was one of the things that supposedly calmed down some of the initial bite that so many complained about with the 1098.  Not really sure how the ones from the Hyper S would come into play...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3485 on: February 14, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »

Damn straight it would!   Evil

I was curious about the calipers though, because I think there were differences in the caliper piston sizes between the 1098 and the 1198.  That was one of the things that supposedly calmed down some of the initial bite that so many complained about with the 1098.  Not really sure how the ones from the Hyper S would come into play...

That is, perhaps, what I'm talking about. There is no ferocious initial bite but you can definitely feel the extra power the more you lean into it. Right now the brake is set on the 20 ( recommended for street use ) but maybe I'll try the 18 ( better modulation for racing ).  Dunno. Well, not really. You know me. I'll try them for a while in both settings and see. I already know I have to have custom lines made up and go back to a one into two line setup as opposed to the current custom 2 line off the master set up.  Someday it will all be done.  Roll Eyes

BTW, the gear indicator setup is the way to go. Very good mod!  waytogo

DRKWNG
« Reply #3486 on: February 15, 2011, 02:22:46 AM »

laughingdp

I remember a few people thinking I was silly when I would mention how much I missed the gear indicator from the Daytona.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3487 on: February 15, 2011, 07:28:12 AM »

Was going to order one yesterday but forgot, will do that today... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3488 on: February 15, 2011, 08:48:41 AM »

laughingdp

I remember a few people thinking I was silly when I would mention how much I missed the gear indicator from the Daytona.

Yeah, Well, you know.......... In all the excitement I forgot how many times I tapped that shift lever. Was it 3 or 4 times? And here comes the corner...... so the question is......do you feel lucky?  cheeky

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3489 on: February 15, 2011, 01:31:07 PM »

Was going to order one yesterday but forgot, will do that today... Grin

ive been wanting to get one since i got my bike, but thought it was a rookie mod and i would get teased for having it.
maybe if all the big boys get one, ill get one too  Grin

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3490 on: February 15, 2011, 02:14:23 PM »

ive been wanting to get one since i got my bike, but thought it was a rookie mod and i would get teased for having it.

Just hide it under the seat where no one can see it... Wink

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3491 on: February 15, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »

thats not a bad idea.... hey wait a minute

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3492 on: February 15, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »

Ordered my Heal Tech GIPRO DS Series gear indicator with red display this morning... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3493 on: February 16, 2011, 10:42:57 PM »

Got some footpegs today along with some brake/clutch reservoir socks. Couldn't find any plain socks so I ended up with matching Ducati Corse socks. Kinda ghey, I know.

Oh,

I also got an old Monster M900 running again tonight around 7pm.  Bet I pissed off the neighbors across the street from the shop.   Evil

DRKWNG
« Reply #3494 on: February 17, 2011, 02:46:10 AM »

Got the new Shorai battery for the SD in the post yesterday. DAMN that thing weighs next to nothing!!!

I also got an old Monster M900 running again tonight around 7pm.  Bet I pissed off the neighbors across the street from the shop.   Evil

Which neighbors? The crazy F'er that lives in that little park?
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: