Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 08:24:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536267 times)
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3495 on: February 17, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »

Went swimming for the first time in, i dunno, 6 months?  I even rode the monster to work a couple of times last week with no major noticeable problem.  Things are looking up  waytogo

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3496 on: February 17, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »

Went swimming for the first time in, i dunno, 6 months?  I even rode the monster to work a couple of times last week with no major noticeable problem.  Things are looking up  waytogo

That's cool!...what have you done to get rid of the back pain, pray tell?...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3497 on: February 17, 2011, 07:48:53 PM »

Got the new Shorai battery for the SD in the post yesterday. DAMN that thing weighs next to nothing!!!

Which neighbors? The crazy F'er that lives in that little park?

I was referring to the neighbors in that upscale condo across the street from us. There's no more overnighters in the park any more.  Roll Eyes

What's with the battery other than just reduced weight?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3498 on: February 18, 2011, 05:24:34 AM »

Yesterday: Took the SD out for a while, as the temps were just under 70.   Shocked

What's with the battery other than just reduced weight?

There isn't any accessible electrical service in the garage at my flat, and the battery in the SD gave up the ghost before I could remove it and hook it up on the tender.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:32:28 AM by DRKWNG » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3499 on: February 18, 2011, 08:49:20 AM »

They'll do that being stored in a freezer.  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3500 on: February 18, 2011, 02:09:38 PM »

Just finished a ride out to Skyline, and am having a cigar and a Yeti out on the balcony.

Funny how the bike's temp gauge was showing 76 degrees and I STILL had the thermal liner in the jacket. 

laughingdp
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3501 on: February 18, 2011, 10:29:10 PM »

Just finished a ride out to Skyline, and am having a cigar and a Yeti out on the balcony.

Funny how the bike's temp gauge was showing 76 degrees and I STILL had the thermal liner in the jacket. 

laughingdp

Can't be all bad -- motorbike ride, cigar & beer out on the balcony in Feb.  Roads must have been kinda junk I would guess.  Whatcha smokin?

DRKWNG
« Reply #3502 on: February 19, 2011, 06:45:02 AM »

Can't be all bad -- motorbike ride, cigar & beer out on the balcony in Feb.  Roads must have been kinda junk I would guess. 

Some of then were.  The roads weren't that bad on Thursday when I was riding in Maryland, but yesterday...  Had one real eye-opener on one of the hair-pins leading up to the national park.

Whatcha smokin?

It was early in the day, so I went light.  Had a Padron 10th Anniversary Champagne.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3503 on: February 20, 2011, 05:02:36 PM »

Found out yesterday that it didn't work to rotate the throttle cables up and around the brake master cylinder. It was all good until making a full left turn and that stretched the cables so back to the original setup.  I'll just need to have some new brake lines made up so I can go back to a stock set up for a 1098. Can't use the stock 848 lines 'cause the calipers are different. Yada....... Yada....... Yada..........

Came home and smoked a Padron 1964 Anniversary.  Good smoke.  Don't know if I ever tried one before. Smoked the regular Padrons before and nothing outstanding there but nothing bad either. Just found other smokes I liked better.

Almost didn't go on the Sunday ride today as it was raining off & on earlier. Cleared up enough to go. Kind of sporting in places.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3504 on: February 21, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »

That's cool!...what have you done to get rid of the back pain, pray tell?...

Yoga, essentially.  I went to physical therapy for a day and realized they were only having me do various yoga-based stretches and exercises, so I set the DVR to record a few shows and ran them for a month or three. It's not all good, but definitely better. 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3505 on: February 21, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »

worse monday ever...

12 am
just as i lay down in bed i hear the cry of puppies ... one of my dogs was giving birth

3am
finally able to go to bed

5:30 am
alarm goes off ... hit snooze button

6:30
am i wake up in a panic and realize that my alarm doesnt have a snooze button. out the door with no coffee

7:30 am
(the time i should be clocking in at work) passing in front of the airport on the h1 and fail to notice the road closed  sign due to the horrible glare of the sun  and lack of any coffee.

7:45 am
stuck in traffic around sand island trying to turn around to get on dillingham of course there is no way to get there because of that make the beast with two backsing aloha run

8am
back on the H1 heading in the oppisate direction then where i need to be

8:20 am
finaly able to turn around at pearl harbor  and head in the right direction

8:40 am
arrive at work... no one is there... apperently since i left early on friday as to not occur any overtime i missed the memo about being off today and no one thought to call or txt me  bang head bang head bang head

8:45 am
eating breakfast at Zippys

9:45 am
on my way back home, coming down red hill and i realize that i have .25 gallons of gas left  so i pull off the H1 at halawa get half way down the hill towards kmart, checkers, and the gas station and i get stuck in more traffic from the aloha run at the stadium bang head bang head bang head bang head

10am
road is blocked so i cant go straight into the gas station so i turn left and head up to the one next to target,

10:10 am
searching for my atm card so i can buy gas and i realize that i make the beast with two backsing left it at zippys (where is the hang man smiley)
pull out my last 2 dollars and search the car for 2 more bucks in coins. i walk in to the cashier to get my 4 bucks worth of gas
and im told that the computer is down and they cant do anything from the inside. and if i wanted gas i have to use a card at the pump. at this point i figure things couldnt get anyworse.

10:20 am
i head down the road to the next gas station hoping that they will accept what lil bit of cash i had on me.

10:25 am
gas up the lil smart car with 4 bucks worth. i should point out that had i been in any other car or even on my 848 in the same situation i would have ran out of gas . somthing has to be said for 46 miles to the gallon.

ranting a little bit is making me feel better so ill cut this short if anyone is actually still reading this

sat in more traffic, took detours, finally got my atm card from zippys (thank you cute waitress) fought traffic back to makaha
and as i walk pass my 848 the neighbors make the beast with two backsing cat put muddy paw prints all over my bike. i dont useally drink before noon but today i made an exception, and took a long nap afterwords. im scared to imagine what else would have went wrong if i had stayed awake.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3506 on: February 21, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »

Well........... look at it this way, you weren't late for work.    waytogo

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3507 on: February 21, 2011, 10:27:33 PM »

Well........... look at it this way, you weren't late for work.    waytogo

would have rather just been late and let it all end right there

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3508 on: February 24, 2011, 07:15:23 PM »

Installed a Heal Tech GIpro gear indicator on the SF today...hope to get it programmed tomorrow... [moto]

Any pointers Mr. Mad Duck?... Grin
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:43:09 PM by old fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3509 on: February 24, 2011, 11:24:29 PM »

Installed a Heal Tech GIpro gear indicator on the SF today...hope to get it programmed tomorrow... [moto]

Any pointers Mr. Mad Duck?... Grin

Be patient. Memorize your reset instructions or take them with you. Find a stretch of road where you will be able to get it into sixth gear. Don't forget to watch the road while you are running it through the learning phase.

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: