Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 08:25:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536269 times)
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3510 on: February 25, 2011, 12:57:04 AM »

took the pre-employment assessment test for chevron today. with any luck ill get one of 5 positions offered and since there were only 108 people that showed up for the test i might actually have a chance  Grin

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3511 on: February 25, 2011, 06:25:55 AM »

Be patient. Memorize your reset instructions or take them with you. Find a stretch of road where you will be able to get it into sixth gear. Don't forget to watch the road while you are running it through the learning phase.

BTW........ How did you manage to install that thing and then not go out & ride with it right away?    Huh?     Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3512 on: February 25, 2011, 07:24:24 AM »

BTW........ How did you manage to install that thing and then not go out & ride with it right away?    Huh?     Grin

I did it right before nap time... Wink

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3513 on: February 25, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »

Programmed the gear indicator this morning on Kaukonahua Rd...it only took one run up through the gears, less than 5 minutes in all... waytogo

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3514 on: February 25, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »

hey guys !!!

To bmw guys, how do you feel about a M46 320d with VP44 fuel pump?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3515 on: February 25, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »

Programmed the gear indicator this morning on Kaukonahua Rd...it only took one run up through the gears, less than 5 minutes in all... waytogo

You didn't have to go all the way up there to program it......... Wink   What'cha think about it?   [moto]

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3516 on: February 25, 2011, 10:58:59 PM »

You didn't have to go all the way up there to program it......... Wink   What'cha think about it?   [moto]

Pretty cool, but a tad distracting as I kept checking it out everytime I shifted all the way home...Shocked

Most of the time I know what gear I'm in by feel, indicated speed, and rpms, but for those times when things are getting busy the gear indicator will come in real handy... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3517 on: February 25, 2011, 11:10:47 PM »

Most of the time I know what gear I'm in by feel, indicated speed, and rpms, but for those times when things are getting busy the gear indicator will come in real handy... Grin

The one place that's a big deal for me is the Stadium off ramp that winds you back up to the Moanaloa freeway. That's a second gear turn all the way in and all the way out but the problem is that when you are lining up for it you can get sucked into staying in 3rd or dropping all the way down into first without realizing it. Then when you grab some throttle you are either revving too fast and having to shift up or you get a huge bog. Seeing #2 has been working great lately. It's also nice to know where 1st is on Tantalus and not downshifting into it twice. Sort of.   Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3518 on: February 25, 2011, 11:14:23 PM »

On another note the new brake lines didn't get here today.  bang head  But who cares, really? The new levers didn't come in either and after having been special ordered from Italy and not arriving no one knows why and and the best guess is months from now.  Roll Eyes bang head bang head bang head. Other than that all is fine in the bike world.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3519 on: February 25, 2011, 11:25:42 PM »

hey guys !!!

To bmw guys, how do you feel about a M46 320d with VP44 fuel pump?

For starts you threw me off with the M46 which I assume you mean an E46?  In the USA there is no 320d, the diesel is only now showing up in the 5 series cars and the X5, X6.  And what do we know about an aftermarket fitting of a Chrysler injection pump?? So while it might all be good it's also all bastardized stuff too. Bottom line is we don't know but whatever it has to work for the car owner and for the shop and that's a trick. Might be all good but who knows??

DRKWNG
« Reply #3520 on: February 26, 2011, 04:58:01 AM »

On another note the new brake lines didn't get here today.  bang head  But who cares, really? The new levers didn't come in either and after having been special ordered from Italy and not arriving no one knows why and and the best guess is months from now.  Roll Eyes bang head bang head bang head. Other than that all is fine in the bike world.

Wait, new levers?  Thought you had just gotten RCSs.  What's the story?
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3521 on: February 26, 2011, 06:07:52 AM »

For starts you threw me off with the M46 which I assume you mean an E46?  In the USA there is no 320d, the diesel is only now showing up in the 5 series cars and the X5, X6.  And what do we know about an aftermarket fitting of a Chrysler injection pump?? So while it might all be good it's also all bastardized stuff too. Bottom line is we don't know but whatever it has to work for the car owner and for the shop and that's a trick. Might be all good but who knows??

Yes I meant E46 ... was looking at an M3 E46 for sale so that was my mixup ... Well regarding the Chrysler pump, it's actually a Bosch VP44, the same one fitted to Cummings engines ... It's radial pump electronically controlled versus the CP1 type fitter to newer vehicles which is quiter due to higher injectin preasures.

I was asking since this vehicle is a US Spec vehicle ... It still has the Florida license plate and registration is from Florida, Ft. Lauderdale ... So, actually MadDuck, you confusing me now ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3522 on: February 26, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »

Yes I meant E46 ... was looking at an M3 E46 for sale so that was my mixup ... Well regarding the Chrysler pump, it's actually a Bosch VP44, the same one fitted to Cummings engines ... It's radial pump electronically controlled versus the CP1 type fitter to newer vehicles which is quiter due to higher injectin preasures.

I was asking since this vehicle is a US Spec vehicle ... It still has the Florida license plate and registration is from Florida, Ft. Lauderdale ... So, actually MadDuck, you confusing me now ...

I'm in Hawaii and we might have only about 5 BMW diesels over here so what do I know?  Lips Sealed  Grin

I can't really speak for the new diesel setup except that they are supposed to be shit hot.

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3523 on: February 26, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »

Ok, thanks ... remember the M3 ... some guy bought it and the car left him stranded on the highway going uphill ... like 4 days after he bought it ... I'm glad I heard your advice on the vehicle ...

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3524 on: February 26, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »

Wait, new levers?  Thought you had just gotten RCSs.  What's the story?

Special Brembo RCS levers. Apparently too special. I'll have to find out more on Monday. They are holding a brake lever for me and we are waiting for the clutch lever. Been waiting for a month already.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: