Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 04:15:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536146 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3555 on: March 06, 2011, 07:14:36 PM »

Finished modding the Barracuda screen...brought it back towards the bar some and down closer to the headlight nacelle, while maintaining the same slope as the headlight...all in all I'm satisfied, looks more integrated than before...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3556 on: March 06, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »

looks great ..!!!

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3557 on: March 06, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »

looks great ..!!!

I'll say!   waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3558 on: March 06, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »

I think that Streetfighter needs some bar end mirrors.   Just sayin............. Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3559 on: March 06, 2011, 07:40:35 PM »

I think that Streetfighter needs some bar end mirrors.   Just sayin............. Grin

Thought about it a couple of times, just don't like the idea of looking down and to the side to see what's behind me...the bike would look better though... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3560 on: March 06, 2011, 09:49:30 PM »

Thought about it a couple of times, just don't like the idea of looking down and to the side to see what's behind me...the bike would look better though... Grin

Very small potatoes.  Trust me.  You will never know the difference unless you are a mirror monger and you'd adjust in no time even at that. Not even a consideration as opposed to improving the overall looks of the bike.  If I ever got a Streetfighter the two first things to go would be the exhaust & the mirrors, but then, that's me.   [moto]

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3561 on: March 06, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »

Got the 848 carbon fender sanded for the DP decal & clear coat. Also got that old Monster carbon nose fairing sanded again for the next (3rd) clear coat. Maybe only one more coat after that to get all of the dimples out. It only took about 3 to 4 hours total of sanding cleaning and sanding some more, well, plus a couple of beers or so during the whole process.  drink

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3562 on: March 07, 2011, 01:18:22 PM »

I agree!  CRG has the new angular ones that would look really sharp on that bike. 

http://www.constructorsrg.com/mirrors/index.html

And I also second that you'd get used to them super quick.  Plus, you get a MUCH better field of view.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3563 on: March 08, 2011, 12:18:39 AM »

I agree!  CRG has the new angular ones that would look really sharp on that bike. 

http://www.constructorsrg.com/mirrors/index.html

And I also second that you'd get used to them super quick.  Plus, you get a MUCH better field of view.

those are really nice. i think they would look great on the 696

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
whackie

« Reply #3564 on: March 08, 2011, 02:00:02 AM »

husband and a friend w/ an 848 have been hanging around the garage...

not sure when it'll go in, but it sure is a beauty.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3565 on: March 08, 2011, 02:08:31 AM »

That looks really nica Anne!  Now we need to talk Rick into PCing his the same color of the frame; just so his bike would stand out...   Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3566 on: March 08, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »

husband and a friend w/ an 848 have been hanging around the garage...

not sure when it'll go in, but it sure is a beauty.

A gold Ohlins would look fantastic with that. If you can't do that then at least get a proper rate rear spring. Motowheels had good deals. You will be amazed.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3567 on: March 08, 2011, 08:19:06 AM »

That looks really nica Anne!  Now we need to talk Rick into PCing his the same color of the frame; just so his bike would stand out...   Grin

"PCing"?  It's zero dark hundred and I'm just starting a cup of coffee.  coffee  Oohhhh........ you mean strip my bike down and PC the frame red......... Hmmmm, I was wondering what the next thing to do would be.  applause

mahoneygod

« Reply #3568 on: March 08, 2011, 08:37:35 AM »

I called in sick to wire in my new KOSO RX1N, and im sure im gonna need the day. The whole day  bang head

02 S4-in lots of pieces
01 RC51
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3569 on: March 08, 2011, 02:24:59 PM »

"PCing"?  It's zero dark hundred and I'm just starting a cup of coffee.  coffee  Oohhhh........ you mean strip my bike down and PC the frame red......... Hmmmm, I was wondering what the next thing to do would be.  applause

No no, that's been done before. I was more hinting that you should strip the bike down and powdercoat the swingarm to color match the finish on the trellis frame.  Actually, won't Anne have a spare swingarm laying around as soon as that black one goes on?   Evil

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: