Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 02:26:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536110 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3585 on: March 13, 2011, 12:50:25 PM »

hey guys,

remember i asked about a mtb to get back on track?

between a GT Aggresor and GT Avalanche, both with front suspension and disc brakes, which one would you chooose? those are the 'less expensive' bikes I can find down here in Panama ... appart from the chinese made one ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3586 on: March 13, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »

hey guys,

remember i asked about a mtb to get back on track?

between a GT Aggresor and GT Avalanche, both with front suspension and disc brakes, which one would you chooose? those are the 'less expensive' bikes I can find down here in Panama ... appart from the chinese made one ...

Which model of these bikes are you looking at?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3587 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:46 PM »

They're both available here, new ... difference in price is about $35.00 ...
One's an Avalanche 2.0 and the Aggressor is a 2.0 ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3588 on: March 13, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »

I was moving the 848 around this morning and noticed the tell tale signs of coolant leak splash coming out the left side fairing vent. Well dang. Can't say that I'm surprised but I was thinking that if the radiator hadn't leaked by now I might have got a good one when the bike was built. Silly boy. Good thing for the extended warranty. So off on the Pegoretti I go.

i remember when mine sprung a leak. it was 2 days before it was hit in the parking lot... took about a week to get it in.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3589 on: March 13, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »

They're both available here, new ... difference in price is about $35.00 ...
One's an Avalanche 2.0 and the Aggressor is a 2.0 ...

If those are the choices, I think you have to go Avalanche.  The fork won't last, but otherwise it will probably be fine.  They are still made in China, though....

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3590 on: March 13, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »

(Today) - flew back from Hilo after completely failing to see lava, once again.  I figured when the flow started on Monday I was in pretty good shape.  Next time, next time...

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3591 on: March 14, 2011, 06:10:57 AM »

If those are the choices, I think you have to go Avalanche.  The fork won't last, but otherwise it will probably be fine.  They are still made in China, though....

But I could replace that later and 'upgrade' ... If I remember, from what I saw they had, one had Marzochi and the other one Suntour? I know they were not RockShox ...

Carlos
canes

High number of post, Does not = a high IQ

« Reply #3592 on: March 14, 2011, 06:00:56 PM »

NEW goodies today. I got a new (gold) ducati slave cinder, and a set of D-3  rubber / ALU grips. And my ducati racing seat just came in. Now I just have to wate for my new air filter.
And I just ordered a Bazzaz FI unit with the o2 self adj. mapping sensor. plus some other ALU. brake reservoirs and a set of role click sortie levers.

I cant wate till the wife finds out.... anyone have a couch i can sleep on lol (jk)

NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3593 on: March 14, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »

But I could replace that later and 'upgrade' ... If I remember, from what I saw they had, one had Marzochi and the other one Suntour? I know they were not RockShox ...

The marzocchi is likely the better fork. Any idea which one it was on?  From looking online, the Avalanche looked a little better, though.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3594 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »

Got my stock ECU back from Desmo Works with a Mota-Lab reflash yesterday, installed it in the SF and rode down to SSD where Will reset the TPS...the jury is out on improved performance until Will balances the TBs and adjusts the trim on Thusday.

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3595 on: March 15, 2011, 05:57:38 PM »

The marzocchi is likely the better fork. Any idea which one it was on?  From looking online, the Avalanche looked a little better, though.

The Avalanche is the less costly one with a Suntour nonadjustable fork and the Aggressor is the one with an adjustable fork ... difference is as said, is about $35.00; another diff is the brakes, one has mechanical and the other has hydraulic ...But this time, the way around, Aggressor, mechanical, Avalanche, hydraulic ... now I'm dumbfounded   Huh?

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3596 on: March 15, 2011, 10:31:52 PM »

Got my stock ECU back from Desmo Works with a Mota-Lab reflash yesterday, installed it in the SF and rode down to SSD where Will reset the TPS...the jury is out on improved performance until Will balances the TBs and adjusts the trim on Thusday.

I'm not sure I understand the fundamental difference between setting the TPS and balancing the TBS. Ok, Throttle position switch as opposed to balancing, or syncing the the Throttle butterfly valves and adjusting the fuel/air mixture.  If your throttle butterflys were set properly previously then they shouldn't change just by having a different map. Trim maybe but I think you guys may be splitting hairs. I bet whatever change there may be it will be minimal from this point onward. Most of these differences are in the high rpm range, if anything. Just saying.

When I was doing my Power Commander remaps on the Gixxer it was only slight changes after a point. Slightly less, if at all, bog on accel. Slightly less off throttle burble. That sort of thing.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
WillS

« Reply #3597 on: March 16, 2011, 03:55:32 AM »

the tps is just the throttle position sensor,  so reseting it just says "hey bike, this is what throttle plate closed feels like"
thats it

but to make it run right we need to get each throttle body burning equally, then adjust trim.

not splitting hairs at all, there are a bunch of goons out there that just reset the tps, but they are way off, not to mention that most of the stops are off anyway...
rick, if i were to just reset the tps on your bike, you would hate it, trust me.  if you want, i can put it back to where the airbleeds were and bring the trim back to zero for you to feel the "minimal" difference.

i love when i get bikes in from mainland and other shops that are adjusted all crappy, or just the tps reset. it gives me the opportunity to show the cust how their bike should run.

the gixer power commander situation is a different animal all together, that bike or any japanese in line four, will pretty "good" no matter what, not a ducati. and not really what i am doing anyway.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3598 on: March 16, 2011, 08:50:01 AM »

Teach me -- school me!!  Please! I pretty much eat & breathe this stuff and have for years. Is the throttle position switch only just a closed position switch, closed-wide open switch or does it have a variable sensor ( sometimes built as many sub steps in between closed & wide open ) ?  I've seen all different types. Some fuel injection systems, and if I'm not mistaken some of these were used on early Ducati fuel injection, use a variable TPS where the computer just looks at where the throttle switch is, what the rpm's are, and then calculates the injector opening time.

Now throw the throttle bodies in as you say. Is this system using a combination of just a closed position switch and then adjusting fuel mixture as the throttle opens? Kind of sounds like it. It also sounds like you have to teach the computer, so to speak, where these settings are? Am I close?

When I had to set the 4 individual carbs on the Hondas I used four vacuum gauges connected to intake manifold ports. I would set the vacuums equal at idle by adjusting the slide position (once the actual throttle butterflys were manually set) then adjust the idle mixture. Then went for the final adjustments by watching the vacuum change as the throttles were opened. That was critical and sometimes required more adjustment and you would have to go back & forth a bit to get the best overall balance between idle & load. Fuel injection simply just mimics this electronically.

I would think that some of these are just plain set manually and shouldn't change from computer to computer and from map to map or is it that each time the new set up needs to start from ground zero?  Gene has been through a few different ECUs and maps but seems only to perceive slight differences. That's sort of what I'm saying. How off can it be? Then again it wouldn't surprise me at all if things were way off either at the start.

On another note you do get to see my bike soon for a radiator but you can leave the throttles alone. They are great right now.   Grin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:06:38 AM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
WillS

« Reply #3599 on: March 16, 2011, 05:02:28 PM »

crap, you like to type more than i do.

no time now for a good answer, will try to get back on later, or maybe we can talk about it when you come in.

but for now, i am off to homedepot for remodel crap and then to the animal hospital to pick up my busted up dog.

later
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: