Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 07:20:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535415 times)
teddy037.3
« Reply #4155 on: August 19, 2011, 07:07:02 PM »

laughingdp

Wait, it's a state holiday? 

is that why there was no traffic?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4156 on: August 19, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »

is that why there was no traffic?

Oh, there was plenty of traffic going in to Kahala.  Yes, plenty indeed.  vomit

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4157 on: August 19, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »

Oh, there was plenty of traffic going in to Kahala.  Yes, plenty indeed.  vomit

ah... sucks
whackie

« Reply #4158 on: August 19, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »

i haven't tried to do multicolor stickers yet. that might be kind of interesting.

i was thinking about one of these to replace the one on my tank just to be a lil different from all the other pearl 848s on this island

keep in mind that the sticker on your tank has clear coat on it. i haven't left this type of vinyl on paint long term. personally i wouldn't put them on any paint.. unless u're going to leave them permanently. i'd put them on glass or plastic. if you want more into on it, it's called oracal 631.

i had them on the hubby's mustang for 1 day, where he had to be parked in the sun. he said they were a pregnant dog to take off. he wasn't happy (esp since they were all pink)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4159 on: August 19, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

Ordered a set of CRG Roll-a-Click levers from BellissiMoto today, $165 shipped...the stock ones are a bit too long with the bar end mirrors...

Levers arrived today via UPS Ground...ordered on Wednesday arrived today, is that some kind of record?... Grin waytogo applause

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4160 on: August 19, 2011, 09:53:06 PM »

Ordered rear sets for the SD.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4161 on: August 19, 2011, 10:54:16 PM »

Rode the 848 into work today as it's a state holiday, the dog is off with Gloria and it was/is a beautiful morning. Got to do some prep work on it before taking it in for some warranty work. Don'tcha know that the left side drive axle nut is 42mm. I have the 46mm for the right side wheel lock.  bang head  Bastards!  I say Bastards!   bang head   laughingdp laughingdp

And I correct myself.  The drive side nut is a 41mm.  Big deal some may say. Had to get it off with a 1 5/8" socket and a air impact gun. Using a breaker bar I was lifting the rear of the bike off the ground despite having a helper lean on the bike and applying the rear brake.   Shocked

Tool salesman said 1 5/8" equaled 41mm.  I said "Only if it's as close as you can come but it's not equal. This is a Ferrari fit and the 41mm is the proper good & tight"

I now have a proper 41mm socket with which to reinstall this whole mess. What I thought was worn cush drives now looks like worn splines on the drive hub.   Huh?  We'll see how this plays out. Pun not intended.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4162 on: August 20, 2011, 09:47:29 AM »

Levers arrived today via UPS Ground...ordered on Wednesday arrived today, is that some kind of record?... Grin waytogo applause

Much to my chagrin the CRG standards are the same length as the stock levers, for some reason I thought they were 1/2-3/4 inches shorter... Sad

So these are going back unless someone here would like to buy them:  CRG Roll-a-click standard brake/clutch levers, black with red adjusters, fits 848/1098/1198/Streetfighter & a few others, $150...any takers?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4163 on: August 20, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »

Changed the oil & filter in Gloria's 560SL & repaired a tail light. Changed oil & filter in the 848 & got new cush drives and bushings in the rear sprocket carrier. It was really loose. Thanks again Will! dodged rain more or less successfully all day. Got a Tantalus blast in with Brandon, saw Jeff, aka Canes and another buddy of his up on Tantalus and then down at Varsity Pub afterwards but didn't have any drinks with them. They were leaving as we got there. Saw Will working with an extremely stubborn clutch basket removal on Majdi's 1198. Good thing Will was doing it as it was taking a lot of extra effort. Saw a huge package of Dan Kyle Ohlins stuff and triple trees going in on another 1198. Major $$$. All in all a good day.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:56:01 PM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4164 on: August 21, 2011, 01:54:24 AM »

Good thing Will was doing it as it was taking a lot of extra effort.

I was surprised to see how Will had to remove my clutch...can't say I've seen spark plugs used that way before!  The Dan Kyle suspension toys belong to Brian ("POTTEBAUM" from another ducati forum)...I love look and feel of his DP superpole seat! 

I'm sleep deprived from yesterday's 24hr duty shift...and strangely still wide awake!   coffee

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4165 on: August 21, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »

I have a set of pazzo shorties on the monster I'm not real thrilled with.  Interested in a swap?  Don't know the fitment specifics but we can take a look.

Thanks for the offer Carbon, but I'm really not a shorties kind of guy...I'm looking for something just a tad shorter than stock...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4166 on: August 21, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »

Thanks for the offer Carbon, but I'm really not a shorties kind of guy...I'm looking for something just a tad shorter than stock...

Get a pair of stock used levers........ hacksaw.... grind/file.... & paint.   Grin    Seriously.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4167 on: August 21, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »

Get a pair of stock used levers........ hacksaw.... grind/file.... & paint.   Grin    Seriously.

That's exactly what's going to happen...was going to do it today, but didn't have time...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4168 on: August 22, 2011, 08:24:17 AM »

I just ordered a regular pazzo for the clutch side only.  The three-finger length is really what I want on the brake side so I'll have a mis-matched set of matching levers.

From what I gather a standard clutch and shorty brake seems to be a popular set up these days... waytogo

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4169 on: August 23, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

Had a bit of a shock when our building rode out the earthquake. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: