Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513280 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2008, 12:13:26 AM »

What is an active NE registration?  Safety inspection needs to be done by motorcycle inspection station.  You might also need to have the bike weighed by an official weight station.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2008, 01:15:42 AM »

What is an active NE registration? 

Well, maybe "current registration" would have been better of me to say. 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »

Actually they don't care about the status of the registration so much as they care about a squeaky clean title of ownership and transfer of ownership. Salvage titles are "iffy" and there can be no restrictions of any sort. You will need shipping documents of course but you already know that. The weighing thing is weird.  According to DMV here they have no weight lists for Ducati's (I asked them how they register new Ducati's sold by the dealer -- they said that's different -- I asked how? -- they didn't give me an answer) ---- Just for the record when I had the Monster scaled it came in at 419 lbs with a full tank. When I checked the registration for the 999 it showed that it weighed over 600 lbs!!  Shocked  How you figga? That's not so bad until you realize I'm paying registration fees based on weight.  Aack! Try to get that turned around in this place.  bang head

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2008, 11:08:15 AM »

Interesting.  I think I am exempt from the weight issue because I am active duty, and technically a non-resident.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »

Gloria and I had breakfast at Brent's this morning, then into town to do paperwork at the shop. I worked on her central locking in her car. Thought I knew right where the problem was as I had previously seen corroded wiring in the driver's door. Sure enough there was so much corrosion at the connectors that the wires were literally falling apart. Got that fixed and done up nicely but still no worky. Dang. I was hot and out of time. It's possible that the actual switch in the handle/tumbler is bad. Boo.

Then it was off to South Seas to pay a visit to the other long lost bike.  One bit of good news was that they thought the ECU I need is $400.00 less expensive than what they quoted me. Yea!  Then we figured out that the control unit they thought would work might not. Looking at the pictures in the parts book the system they were going on had a full system that was wrapped differently than mine. Turns out it was a 57mm system for 2005 and newer 999. Mine is a 2003 base 999 with a 52mm system. We actually measured with a vernier caliper. They will check further come Monday but at this point who knows if the ECU will be available for my bike. Double Boo.

I'm going to have a beer and a cigar and read the new Motorcyclist.  I might not be ready for an early morning ride.  We'll see...............

DRKWNG
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »

Cleaned and worked on the push bikes and then Alex and I took them out for a quick spin.  Ended up starting off at Barber's Point and went down through Ewa Beach and back.  All in all about 20 miles, but averaged just over 22 mph the whole way, so not too shabby I guess.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »

Is that average on the bike computer or is that your guesstimate as to what it might be? Hah! Whatever, that's still  all in all good for me. Our group average is about 17.5 mph. That's headwinds, tailwinds, uphills and downhills and the slowing for stop lights and the subsequent restart. Anytime the bike is moving gets figured in for our AVG.

Don't matter none -- I think I can hang with you guys.  Smiley

DRKWNG
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2008, 11:00:46 PM »

That was what my Polar rig says, and it factors in any time that the front wheel is spinning.  BUT the roads we were on were pretty much flat and that always helps.  And I am sure you could more than keep up with me; for some reason I was pushing a good bit harder than I normally do today.  Think I was trying to pull the "tough love" bit with Alex and try to get her to push herself to keep up, which she didn't.   Sad   I normally don't ride quite that fast.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2008, 11:20:05 PM »

What a mean guy!

DRKWNG
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »

Well, there are lots of things that she could/needs to do in order to improve her cycling, but she simply won't try.  I know that people get into cycling for different reasons, and that it is my bad for trying to get her to go fast as much as I do, but I always get grief if I go out alone on one of "our" days off.  It is just unfortunate that these days are the only chances I get to take the bike out.  Guess I need to come out with you guys on some of your evening rides...
teddy037.2
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2008, 01:59:13 AM »

hmmm, where do I start?

at least I made it out to the flavors of honolulu... had a few dishes the impressed, a few that didn't, one damn tasty wine, and... well, that's about it.
DRKWNG
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2008, 02:03:48 AM »

Think Alex and I are going down there tomorrow after everything else is done. 
teddy037.2
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2008, 02:12:52 AM »

Think Alex and I are going down there tomorrow after everything else is done. 

india cafe=good

creampot=good, if you like vichyssoise. ok. and the crepe. they were 2-2, which is good.

bali by the sea=good fish, if you're ok about an... adventurous... preperation. ok steak, decent tiramisu

teh beuhler (sp?) cabernet is the best wine you'll find in the whole place. guenoc petit syrah is #2
DRKWNG
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »

Went out and met Mac and Sang (another Daytona owner) at Jamba Juice.  Michael then came down and gave me the money for the Monster and after much chatting we went for a ride.  Had a good time, especially on Norfolk and 13 turns, but Mac had to leave early.  BOO to domestic requirements.  Wink

Then came home and sent some money off as a deposit on the S1000. 

Watched the MotoGP from Nederlands, GO STONER!!, and the first session of the WSB race.  DAMN if the WSB wasn't more exciting than the MotoGP.  Those guys were fighting it out all over the place. 

Now watching the footie...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:07:06 PM by DRKWNG » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2008, 11:04:14 PM »

By all accounts WSBK is definitely more fun to watch than MotoGP this year.  waytogo waytogo

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: