Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 11:20:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535259 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4290 on: October 03, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »

had some demolition fun this weekend. lots more dirt digging to come!

day'um, that's some serious work...puttin' in a pool?... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4291 on: October 03, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »

fighter,

how was autoX?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4292 on: October 03, 2011, 05:42:26 PM »

fighter,

how was autoX?

It was okay...I was the fastest 69 year old, 31 of 78 overall...my son did better, 9th overall and just missed 2nd OA but he barely clipped a cone...he can really hustle his E30M3... Evil

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4293 on: October 03, 2011, 07:00:57 PM »

jajajajaja .. on the age thing !!

E30 ... niiiiiice

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4294 on: October 03, 2011, 11:14:36 PM »

snack on aleve... shop for new lid... pick up my first warranty part for the girl lol
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4295 on: October 07, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »

Noticed that the oil "sight" tube on the SD has a crack in it.   boo

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4296 on: October 07, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »

Noticed that the oil "sight" tube on the SD has a crack in it.   boo

Cracked as in can't ride the bike or cracked as in damn now there is more work to do?

Residual effect from the fall down a couple of weeks ago?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4297 on: October 08, 2011, 12:59:04 AM »

Cracked as in can't ride the bike or cracked as in damn now there is more work to do?

Residual effect from the fall down a couple of weeks ago?

Cracked as in: I'm pretty sure I can still ride it, but... Do I want to risk it? We were heading to WV this morning and I'd hate to be out there and have the thing let go. Plus, now that I know about it, I'd be thinking about it WAY too much while riding. Thinking about that sight tube instead of that quickly approaching turn on the mountain road =  boo

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4298 on: October 08, 2011, 03:47:31 AM »

Cracked as in: I'm pretty sure I can still ride it, but... Do I want to risk it? We were heading to WV this morning and I'd hate to be out there and have the thing let go. Plus, now that I know about it, I'd be thinking about it WAY too much while riding. Thinking about that sight tube instead of that quickly approaching turn on the mountain road =  boo

Get the dust of the SC then !

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4299 on: October 08, 2011, 03:02:21 PM »

Yeah, but he wanted to try out the new tires on the SD!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4300 on: October 09, 2011, 01:54:59 PM »

install new shifter boot, fiddle with lever setup, abandon hope for mounting panniers...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4301 on: October 09, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »

install new shifter boot, fiddle with lever setup, abandon hope for mounting panniers...

Whyfer?  Nothing made for the bike?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4302 on: October 09, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »

Whyfer?  Nothing made for the bike?

nope. hepco-becker makes a top rack and a saddlebag mount, nothing for hard cases.

was looking at the subframe to see if there was any handy spot to fab some kind of mount and use/modify the one meant for the old multistrada.  turns out most of the bits on the back of the tard (plate holder, sigs, lower mount for side panels) all bolt onto the exhaust cans.

they share the same footpegs, and that hole behind the passenger pegs is still tapped, so that's at least one point to connect.  the only thing I can think of would be to have something drape over the top of the bike, connected to the top rack.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4303 on: October 09, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »

teddy037.3
« Reply #4304 on: October 09, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »

^ wow. that hurt my brain.

it's also just a top rack, which is a part I can find (DP even has one)
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: