Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 09:23:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534951 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4470 on: November 26, 2011, 09:11:36 AM »

well, on the one hand, the mirrors work. form follows function; nothing wrong there.

some just think they don't 'look right' on the SF

'Zactly!  I clearly remember a comment at the time he got them that they had good rearview vision.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4471 on: November 26, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »

Well, the stockers are back on the bike now, so the quest for a decent looking aftermarket mirror with good rearview vision continues...good news is that Sta has agreed to purchase the napoleons, which look great on his Monster... waytogo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4472 on: November 26, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »

CRG Arrows

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4473 on: November 26, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »

CRG Arrows

You've been pushing those Arrows for some time now, you own stock on CRG?... Wink

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4474 on: November 26, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »

I had an early flight to San Diego.  I took advantaged of the long lay-over in LAX and drove up to Pro Italia.  Fantastic crew w/ great customer service.  I got a set of weighted bar-ends and a T-shirt...unfortunately, they didn't have my size in the AGV GP Tech Elements helmet (VR's current bucket).  It was great to see so many Ducati & MV's in the parking lot and on the showroom...I even drooled a little over the Erik Buell 1190RS.   

I made sure to pet the credit card machine for Carbon 14...it misses you. 

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
teddy037.3
« Reply #4475 on: November 26, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »

the quest for a decent looking aftermarket mirror with good rearview vision continues...

good vision is relative... for example, I loved the reverse retros on my monster, once I got used to using them.

for stalk-type mirrors, the barracudas are kind of nice, as well as dang near anything rizoma
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4476 on: November 26, 2011, 10:17:52 PM »

Had a nice breakfast with Gloria --- sure do miss Brent's though.

Ordered more tools and parts for the 848 upcoming projects.

Fixed the wiring on the 848 headlight.  I switched back to the stock H11 bulbs within a month of owning the bike due to melting problems.  Curses upon the former owner for having installed those aftermarket blue white hot lights but Shawn says even the regular H11 lights burn the connections. This lasted 2 1/2 years. Sort of.

The pic above was supposed to be high temp resistant. It was the connector to the low beam headlight.  Replaced by the ceramic version below. We'll see but I will check more often than two years and I highly recommend anyone with a similar set up to check now before things get out of hand.

Then I decided to take care of a fuel tank leak on the Bimmer R1100S.  My middle name is "looking for trouble".  It's more work than a Ducati Superbike to get to this stage. I will kill two birds with one stone as the 1100S needs a battery charger hookup installed but check out what it takes to get to the battery.

Despite only having less than 2,000 miles on the clock when we got it, someone else had been there previously and left behind a trail of broken pieces, missing pieces and little odds and ends of make the beast with two backsed up work. Now I have to put it all back together properly and will have to order all kinds of small pieces and fabricate others. I expect it to be down for most of the month.

To top it off, it started raining like a mother this afternoon so I left the 848 at the shop and took the van home.

a few beers and some jazz and a VSG robusto had made it all good though.

Hope the front passes tonight and dry weather tomorrow --- which is what I thought was going on this morning.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:54:24 AM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4477 on: November 26, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »

The new color scheme and graphics for the 848. Yes, I know the sticker is crooked on this side.  Cursed astigmatism.  Roll Eyes  New stickers are coming.

freeflydive

« Reply #4478 on: November 26, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »

1199 on CNN International...  http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2011/11/25/durgahee-ducati-success-superbikes.cnn
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:51:20 PM by freeflydive » Logged

freeflydive

« Reply #4479 on: November 27, 2011, 03:51:36 AM »

a few beers and some jazz and a VSG robusto had made it all good though.

Ashton Cabinet makes for a delicious treat...I found a cigar bar next to my hotel w/ a live jazz band...got to enjoy good music and burned a cigar...haven't had a Rocky Patel in a while.

teddy037.3
« Reply #4480 on: November 28, 2011, 09:14:37 PM »

drove/rode around way too many times just for a few stickers  Roll Eyes

actually, I take that back, as I still don't have my safety check

OTOH, that big ass sticker for JBPHH is pretty funny

« Reply #4481 on: November 29, 2011, 10:38:12 AM »

The new color scheme and graphics for the 848. Yes, I know the sticker is crooked on this side.  Cursed astigmatism.  Roll Eyes  New stickers are coming.

Beautiful!     chug

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
tmitbyh

« Reply #4482 on: November 29, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »

OTOH, that big ass sticker for JBPHH is pretty funny
Sweet mother of baby Jesus that thing is retarded.  I finally got around to getting a decal for the Ducati yesterday and they handed me this damned strip that looked like it came out of Dynamo label maker.  I have no idea how I am going to mount that stupid thing.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4483 on: November 30, 2011, 01:23:10 AM »

it fits nicely between the triples... just.  laughingdp
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4484 on: November 30, 2011, 03:25:52 AM »

Got recommended for MEB yesterday.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: