Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 12:22:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278398 times)
teddy037.2
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2009, 08:14:09 AM »

what the crap, man?

Ivan said he was gonna call when it was done...  Huh?
teddy037.2
« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2009, 08:08:44 AM »

saw my lil red POS, the usual showroom suspects...

0h, and some high maintenance pregnant dog who can't park her CLS in the real stalls hog up the ENTIRE ROW of moto stalls, so she and her man could check out the black 999s

Roll Eyes
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2009, 08:18:54 AM »

Yeah, that was quite a treat.  Roll Eyes

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.2
« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2009, 08:27:56 AM »

I wonder what those dude who all rolled in right after were thinking?  Cheesy

I think I'd have parked right by the driver's side door
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:57 AM »

I wonder what those dude who all rolled in right after were thinking?  Cheesy

I think I'd have parked right by the driver's side door

After the incident that happened to me Sat. afternoon I think I would have kicked the driver's door.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »

After the incident that happened to me Sat. afternoon I think I would have kicked the driver's door.

Huh?
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2009, 10:31:50 PM »

Huh?

I don't often go for these type of posts as they usually devolve into juvenile ranting but .......... I was coming down the Pali Sat. afternoon and because traffic was a little heavier than usual there was no sport to be had. So, instead of going straight through the light, I slid over to the left turn lanes going to Kaneohe where I could at least catch a short H3 run.  Mind you I was being a good boy and was just easing to a stop when a late model black Lexus ES300 zoomed past me and cut in front of me, no, more accurately described as, dove in front of me. Without any turn signals going, just brake lights. Whoa! WTF!  I didn't have to pull a stoppie but while it did require a pretty good yank on the front brake I still had just enough time to position myself behind his left outer mirror. No hand wave from inside the car or even a hand wave out a window as if to say "Hey, sorry about that but thanks for letting me in" -- Nope. Nothing. I could see that it was an older Chinese man at the wheel. -- Finally caught his glance in the side mirror where upon I gave him the middle finger salute. (I had contemplated something a little more direct but was tempering myself) -- Did he frown or show any remorse? Nope. Did he give the finger back? Nope. .... He did something worse...... He started laughing...... OK, that tore it.  The light changed right about then.

We all took the left turn towards the golf course with me delaying my upshifts just a little.  The guy starts changing lanes pushing the car on his left over. Again no turn signals. I'm sure the guy on the left side was going WTF and they bobbled back and forth until the guy on the left just plain braked to allow the Lexus in.  I suppose better judgment got the best of me & I moved off to the KMCB onramp. If there ever was one of those moments where you feel like stalking the guy that was it
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:44:18 PM by mac900 » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2009, 08:12:27 AM »

I'd have punched that make the beast with two backser's mirror out.
DRKWNG
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »

I'd have punched that make the beast with two backser's mirror out.

At the bare minimum!  I have put a few boot sized dents in door panels before, and this situation sounds like it called for just that. 
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2009, 08:42:25 AM »

I "accidently" broke out a drivers side window on a jacka$$ who did the same thing to me.  It was back in the 90's when gloves still had metal studs in the palms.  I meant to smack his window pretty hard, but ended up breaking it.  Im just glad I had a dark visor on because I wasnt sure whose eyes were bigger at that point!

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
teddy037.2
« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »

kinda makes you want to mount a ball peen hammer on the bike someplace.

I never use mine anymore, anyway  Evil
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »

kinda makes you want to mount a ball peen hammer on the bike someplace.

I never use mine anymore, anyway  Evil

Can you fab up a bracket for that?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.2
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2009, 07:49:53 AM »

Can you fab up a bracket for that?

i'm sure I could. but a welder w/a pipe bender could probably do one quicker
teddy037.2
« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »

saw the S2R dark again... why I haven't left a note on that bike yet is beyond me
DRKWNG
« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »

I used to leave notes on just about ever Duc, and sometimes Daytona, I saw.  Rarely heard anything back from the folks though, either on the phone or on here. 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: