Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:28:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278392 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2008, 11:19:24 PM »

Just saw a black S2R800 rolling down my street...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2008, 08:42:12 AM »

Just saw a black S2R800 rolling down my street...

Pulling away from your driveway perhaps?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2008, 05:36:27 PM »

Yep.  And the rider had one great big grin on his face.  Well,  under the helmet that is.  Wink
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2008, 09:41:27 PM »

5:45 pm this evening we saw a yellow monster with yellow nose fairing like mine also with a yellow engine skirt and "green headlight" waiting with another bike to turn left up into Auloa Rd.-13 Turns. The green headlight looked weird.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2008, 11:30:28 PM »

Just came out of the theater from seeing The Dark Knight and what is out in the parking lot?  The OTHER SE!!  Had to leave a note on it to see if the owner wants to come out some time.
DRKWNG
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

Saw another Daytona today.  This time it was a blue one pulling into one of the apartment complexes near my condo.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »

FWIW.... Saw a stock looking 999 heading towards town on H1 in the Kalihi area Sat. Rider was wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt. He waved back when I waved.

And FWIW, non-Ducati related, Triumph released press information on their 2009 lineup yesterday. The new Daytona 675 will be available in Jet Black and Tornado Red. Slight horsepower increase and supposedly better suspension. Slightly different nose.  We'll see.

DRKWNG
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2008, 06:30:00 AM »

FWIW.... Saw a stock looking 999 heading towards town on H1 in the Kalihi area Sat. Rider was wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt. He waved back when I waved.

And FWIW, non-Ducati related, Triumph released press information on their 2009 lineup yesterday. The new Daytona 675 will be available in Jet Black and Tornado Red. Slight horsepower increase and supposedly better suspension. Slightly different nose.  We'll see.

Yea, I have seen a few pictures of the new design from over at the Daytona board.  It looks ok, but not quite as aggressive in the pics.  The one thing that kind of bemused me was that they claim the fairing is a touch shorter than it already is.  Don't really see how that is possible, because  you REALLY have to tuck to get up under it now.

By the way, the S1000 should be on island by the 12th, and ready for pickup either one or two days after that.   waytogo
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 06:36:01 AM by DRKWNG » Logged
DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2008, 12:49:48 PM »

ok kinda OT here but every good thread must go OT now & then

I was playing MGS4 (playstation game) yesterday. Note that this ISN'T a motorcycle or some racing game where you'd expect this sort of thing. But one of the characters had a Triumph Bonneville (full-on close up, official Triumph logos, etc), and a bunch of resistance soldiers had Triumph Speed Triples (again, full-on close up, official logos, anatomically correct AFAIK). Pretty swell that a fantasy spy game pays homage to real world machinery like that.

teddy037.2
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »

saw a red multi by UHM yesterday afternoon...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »

The 999 Craig's List ad is up. The pictures aren't the best for some reason but they'll have to do.

DRKWNG
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

Saw, and rode, the latest CL posting today.  Wink

Also saw a REALLY tasty looking 996R this morning.  Looks like we will have to do the 0830 meet next week so we can hang with him...
DRKWNG
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2008, 07:31:06 PM »

The 999 Craig's List ad is up. The pictures aren't the best for some reason but they'll have to do.

Per our conversation yesterday; here is a bit more info on the '09 D675...

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/triumph/2009-triumph-models-lineup-86615.html
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »

Per our conversation yesterday; here is a bit more info on the '09 D675...

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/triumph/2009-triumph-models-lineup-86615.html

Thank you for that. I have been searching and reading all over and have found lots of different stuff. The smart thing to do would be to just keep the Monster and go with it.  The logical 2nd choice would be the 09 D675. Then there are some totally irrational, out of the budget, make me sell the Monster, boy I should know better but I want it anyway options.....

I have the feeling right now I might choose door #3.  But..... you never know....

DRKWNG
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2008, 11:24:56 PM »

You know, there might be a new RC8 behind door number 3.    Evil
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: