Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:27:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278392 times)
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #705 on: June 10, 2010, 05:20:01 PM »

Thanks Rick, but I'm not living in it yet. It's going to take a whole before any of my furniture gets here and I'll be living in the hotel until then.  Funny thing is, I'm waiting for a lot f furniture that probably won't fit in the new place...

Welcome to my world.  Went from 3200 square feet on the mainland to 733 square feet here.  couldnt even move in my apartment when all my crap arrived!

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
DRKWNG
« Reply #706 on: June 10, 2010, 05:30:12 PM »

Yea...  I'm almost tempted to say screw it and trash it all just to start over.  New job, new city, new place, new life sort of thing...
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #707 on: June 10, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »

Yea...  I'm almost tempted to say screw it and trash it all just to start over.  New job, new city, new place, new life sort of thing...

LOL, exactly what I did!  I kept my bed, plasma TV, and a bookcase that has been in my family for ages.  Everything else got sold on ebay, then bought cool indonesian style furniture for the pad.  Much better scaled to an apartment.

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
DRKWNG
« Reply #708 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

Hell, I don't even think I will be able to get my TV to fit in this new place. 
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #709 on: June 10, 2010, 07:03:18 PM »

Hell, I don't even think I will be able to get my TV to fit in this new place. 

sounds like some one is just showing off  waytogo

wish i had that problem Cry
stupid tiny 42" fits anywhere

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #710 on: June 10, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »

sounds like some one is just showing off  waytogo

wish i had that problem Cry
stupid tiny 42" fits anywhere

I remember when we thought a 23" screen was HUGE.

Of course I also remember a time when not everyone even had a TV.

On another note....... I saw Frederick on my old Monster coming down Monsaratt Ave this afternoon as I was pedaling up.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
whackie

« Reply #711 on: June 14, 2010, 10:30:08 AM »

saw one of the new bmws in wahiawa this morning. it was all black, so i mistook it for a jap bike. only thing that tipped me off was the bmw symbol and the rr.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #712 on: June 14, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »

saw one of the new bmws in wahiawa this morning. it was all black, so i mistook it for a jap bike. only thing that tipped me off was the bmw symbol and the rr.

i saw a silver one yesterday on the H1 between eva and kapolei i was cruising well above the speed limit. the guy pulls up in the lane next to me, throws me a shaka, guns it,
and is gone almost instantly... damn that thing is fast in a straight line.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #713 on: June 14, 2010, 02:49:09 PM »

Rick and I attended the MSF ERC with a young kid who had one...Saturday night at a banquet I heard through a mutual friend that he was having mechanical issues with it, something about defective cam lobe surfaces or something... Sad

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #714 on: June 14, 2010, 03:36:46 PM »

Rick and I attended the MSF ERC with a young kid who had one...Saturday night at a banquet I heard through a mutual friend that he was having mechanical issues with it, something about defective cam lobe surfaces or something... Sad

Defective cams?  Almost sounds like what happened with the Alpina cams in my old 330.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #715 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »

Defective cams?  Almost sounds like what happened with the Alpina cams in my old 330.

Not for for sure, but I did a search and found that BMW has been doing software upgrades that limit rpms to like 9k during the break in period...so there's something going on there...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #716 on: June 14, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »

Not for for sure, but I did a search and found that BMW has been doing software upgrades that limit rpms to like 9k during the break in period...so there's something going on there...

At first blush there's nothing wrong with a 9K limit during break in. A lot of bikes are lower than that but need the rider to comply. The Ducati is supposed to have a soft limiter but I never tried it during my break in.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #717 on: June 14, 2010, 08:19:21 PM »

At first blush there's nothing wrong with a 9K limit during break in. A lot of bikes are lower than that but need the rider to comply. The Ducati is supposed to have a soft limiter but I never tried it during my break in.

not saying there's anything wrong with the 9k limit during break in, my bike was 6k rpm for the 1st 1000 km then 7k out to 2500 km...just saying that it's odd that BMW finds it necessary to impose the limit after the fact...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #718 on: June 14, 2010, 08:47:26 PM »

On the other hand they might have done it after the fact because it seems that most people who get a 170+ HP machine between their legs get stupid real fast (double entendre intended, sort of).

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #719 on: June 16, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »

Sighted at SSD this afternoon, a very nice red/white S4R with Termis and other cool bits...

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: