Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:23:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278391 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #915 on: January 13, 2011, 08:50:09 AM »

My old Monster turned up back at my shop needing carb work.  Float needles or something gone -- no start & cylinders filling up with gas  Tongue

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #916 on: January 20, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »

Yellow 999 with bent rear rim and accompanying flat tire at SSD this morning...bike looked like it had been rode hard and put away wet... Sad

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #917 on: January 20, 2011, 05:20:53 PM »

Red 999 with white tail section on Salt Lake Blvd near Radford High School this afternoon...rider was dressed in what looked to be a black jumpsuit with "DUCATI" on the back at waist level, he was wearing a helmet with pair presumably aerodynamic devices that looked like goat horns...anyone on here?... Huh?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #918 on: January 20, 2011, 10:59:55 PM »

Red 999 with white tail section on Salt Lake Blvd near Radford High School this afternoon...rider was dressed in what looked to be a black jumpsuit with "DUCATI" on the back at waist level, he was wearing a helmet with pair presumably aerodynamic devices that looked like goat horns...anyone on here?... Huh?

Was it a standard "S" tail section or did it have a desmocedici tail?  White nose perchance?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #919 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »

Was it a standard "S" tail section or did it have a desmocedici tail?  White nose perchance?

Didn't really get a close look at the tail other than the color, couldn't have told the diff anyways...red nose, so I don't think it was your ex...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #920 on: January 21, 2011, 08:27:31 AM »

Didn't really get a close look at the tail other than the color, couldn't have told the diff anyways...red nose, so I don't think it was your ex...

That's a relief!

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #921 on: January 21, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »

Red MTS1200 and yellow S1000RR on the showroom floor at SSD...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #922 on: January 22, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »

Nice red 916 at SSD this morning, talked to Jeff the owner and invited him out for a JJ ride...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #923 on: January 25, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »

Somewhat rare sighting. Today at lunch time while walking the dog at work I saw a stock red Streetfighter come down Kawaiahao St. and stop at Cooke St. Then crossed over Cooke and kept going. Rider was just wearing street clothes and no protective gear of any kind. Didn't act up. Just came, stopped and went like nothing special. Totally non-distinctive.

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #924 on: January 27, 2011, 12:24:42 AM »

red 696 with termis on alakea street today

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2011, 08:04:41 PM »

Last weekend at Ala Moana by the bridge to the hotel, there was parked another (?) Boxer Cup Replica.  Does boss-man still have his?  This one had military stickers on it, so I assumed it was a second one, and what an odd coincidence that would be.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »

Last weekend at Ala Moana by the bridge to the hotel, there was parked another (?) Boxer Cup Replica.  Does boss-man still have his?  This one had military stickers on it, so I assumed it was a second one, and what an odd coincidence that would be.

Boss man's is still parked in the waiting room next to my office. Hasn't been ridden since maybe August or beginning of Sept.  ? ?  I'm the only one to have ridden it too.  Will need a safety inspection this month so maybe I'll take it out again.

The only other Boxer Cup I've seen over here belonged to a Navy guy. It was a newer model and had the Motorad Blue, White & Red paint scheme.  Low miles but lots of corrosion all over cause he had it parked outside for weeks, months at a time while he was gone. I saw it at South Seas Service once and Shawn was telling me about it. Don't know if it was the same one you saw but it could be.......

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #927 on: January 28, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »

black monster on alakea steet. had a steering damper mounted on  the side of the front fork and to the side of the  frame... first time i saw one set up like that.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
whackie

« Reply #928 on: February 18, 2011, 02:54:45 AM »

was down at ward. saw a white 848 w/ red frame and red rims.

not really my taste, but to each their own.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #929 on: February 18, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »

I saw one of those Evo 848's (Arctic White w/ red rims) parked outside the Long's-Safeway at Pali the other morning. Had the fairing side panels off for some reason. I'm not fond of them either.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: