Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:25:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278392 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #945 on: March 30, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »

I saw a very nice, nice older Monster 900 at Tamura's Kaimuki tonight. Black tank, I think, tasteful mods. Chrome low cans, steering damper under the tank & frame, small sweep tach.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #946 on: March 31, 2011, 07:11:06 PM »

Red 2003 999 on the on the Hickam Lemon Lot this morning...asking price is $6500 with new tires and supposebly all major services recently performed...appeared to be stock and in decent shape except for the bent rear brake lever and the corroded aluminum bits (probably been sitting out for awhile)...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #947 on: April 01, 2011, 12:05:57 AM »

^^ Sounds like a bike listed on Craigslist.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #948 on: April 02, 2011, 02:07:16 PM »

South Seas is flush with bikes now.

Saw two 1198SP's there. One black, one red.  OMG.   drool  drool  drool  drool  drool

Take me away, tie me up and beat me.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2011, 06:28:43 PM »

Saw two 1198SP's there. One black, one red. 

Saw them today, bootyful... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #950 on: April 11, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »

Yeah, and the big problem with them is that you'd have to put a Termi full system on them, new rearsets, and a new screen. By the time I'd be done with that I'd have to put on new tires and then modded offset triples and then don't you know it'd be into the DP catalog. There is no more "R" version but you can buy all the engine upgrade goodies to turn it into one.  laughingdp laughingdp

No. It's an addiction and I know that I have to stop. Money is short and so is life right now. Wow, that almost sounds like some sort of justification.  cheeky  But think about it. The last of the line that got started over 20 years ago.   [moto]

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #951 on: April 12, 2011, 01:59:50 AM »

Money is short and so is life right now.

Dude, what happened to you?  I leave and a year later you go and get all sensible...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #952 on: April 12, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »

Dude, what happened to you?  I leave and a year later you go and get all sensible...

If I were 10 years younger I know what check I'd be writing right now. But I'm not and I don't have a nice government pension to fall back on. Maybe I should marry G.  Grin  But then there is still that trip to Italy and she'd tell me (rightly so) that I have more bike(s) than I need already and good ones too.  laughingdp laughingdp

1198SP   Sigh   drool  Sigh

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #953 on: April 12, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »

1198SP   Sigh   drool  Sigh

Tell me about it.  That one is still on my list of maybes.  But then again, so is the MV and RSV4R.

Too bad I'm buying a condo. 

laughingdp

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #954 on: April 12, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »

Saw Robert's Streetfighter sporting the DP windscreen in SSD's service area parking this morning...screen is minimalistic, but looks good on the bike...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #955 on: April 12, 2011, 11:13:53 PM »

Tell me about it.  That one is still on my list of maybes.  But then again, so is the MV and RSV4R.

Too bad I'm buying a condo. 

laughingdp

I had a chance to ride a 2008 MV F4 this last weekend but I was a tad out of sorts due to Sat. eve 848 fino celebration. Milan got a ride on it and came back pale and muttering that he had to go home and change his underwear. Dang, I should have gone anyway but I wasn't feeling that edge. Rats. Maybe that'll  learn me.

WillS

« Reply #956 on: April 12, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

Saw Robert's Streetfighter sporting the DP windscreen in SSD's service area parking this morning...screen is minimalistic, but looks good on the bike...

yours is better
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #957 on: April 12, 2011, 11:57:19 PM »

I had a chance to ride a 2008 MV F4 this last weekend but I was a tad out of sorts due to Sat. eve 848 fino celebration. Milan got a ride on it and came back pale and muttering that he had to go home and change his underwear. Dang, I should have gone anyway but I wasn't feeling that edge. Rats. Maybe that'll  learn me.

yeah the whole time at hooters i was regretting not taking that bad boy for a spin. oh well maybe next time... i hope

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #958 on: April 13, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »

I had a chance to ride a 2008 MV F4 this last weekend.

Was it Obie's?

Milan got a ride on it and came back pale and muttering that he had to go home and change his underwear.

In a good or a bad way?  Or in other terms, did he soil the front or the back? 

Cheesy

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #959 on: April 13, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »

Not Obie's. In fact it could even be an '07. It has the radial valves but is not the 312 (?) version. It belongs to a guy named Bobby who also has a yellow 1098 and an Aprilia SuperMoto (the small displacement v-twin racer). Turns out the MV sat unsold in a Minnestoa dealership until last year when a Navy sort bought it. Well, the kid got into a financial bind and Bobby was able to pick it up for some sort of cash/trade deal. Only has about 1500 miles on it. Absolutely beautiful but the throttle bodies are already showing some corrosion like the bike was parked outside uncovered for a while.

As for Milan, I think it was front & back.  laughingdp
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:42:42 PM by MadDuck » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: