Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:23:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278391 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #960 on: April 13, 2011, 08:39:48 AM »

yours is better

waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #961 on: April 13, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »

Not Obie's. In fact it could even be an '07. It has the radial valves but is not the 312 (?) version. It belongs to a guy named Bobbie who also has a yellow 1098 and an Aprilia SuperMoto (the small displacement v-twin racer). Turns out the MV sat unsold in a Minnestoa dealership until last year when a Navy sort bought it. Well, the kid got into a financial bind and Bobbie was able to pick it up for some sort of cash/trade deal. Only has about 1500 miles on it. Absolutely beautiful but the throttle bodies are already showing some corrosion like the bike was parked outside uncovered for a while.

As for Milan, I think it was front & back.  laughingdp

yeah it was an 07 and the throttle bodies jumped out screaming for some attention. but it was a nice bike and sounded amazing.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #962 on: April 18, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »

Diavel Carbon at SSD this morning...little too bulky for my taste, kinda reminds me of the Incredible Hulk... Huh?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #963 on: April 18, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »

i wonder if i can test ride it for the next few days till my parts get in
 laughingdp

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #964 on: April 21, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »

Got a good close up look at a nicely modded S1000RR at work today. Full Taylormade exhaust with full carbon belly undercover on the fairing. Carbon wrap arounds on the tank and under the seat. Custom stitched seat, etc. etc. Was offered a ride on it but I told the guy I'd have to take it over Tantalus. He said he meant around the block. I said thanks but been there done that.  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MGWS

« Reply #965 on: April 24, 2011, 03:41:02 PM »

I saw one of those Evo 848's (Arctic White w/ red rims) parked outside the Long's-Safeway at Pali the other morning. Had the fairing side panels off for some reason. I'm not fond of them either.

That's my bike, I was working overnights at long's for the week.  I was putting in a shorai batery, O2 optimizer, and a scorpio sr-1100 alarm.

I think I haphazardly introduced myself to a duc ride this morning.  I was squidding it sunday morning (I live 2 blocks from Ward Starbucks).  Hope you guys had a safe ride.

The question is not how far? The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?
~Boondock Saints
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #966 on: April 24, 2011, 04:22:57 PM »

It's a ride but not exactly a Ducati ride. There just happened to be an extra amount of Ducs there today. There are days where Ducs are in the minority. Everyone was safe today. Thanks for that!

MGWS

« Reply #967 on: April 24, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »

It's a ride but not exactly a Ducati ride. There just happened to be an extra amount of Ducs there today. There are days where Ducs are in the minority. Everyone was safe today. Thanks for that!

Haha, my only plans today were to get coffee/breakfast but after seeing all the bikes out I went home, geared up, and hit Tanalus and new/old Pali a couple times.

The question is not how far? The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?
~Boondock Saints
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #968 on: April 29, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »

Saw Jeff on his HyperM Evo 1100SP this morning headed south on Kunia Road... [moto]

canes

High number of post, Does not = a high IQ

« Reply #969 on: April 30, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »

Ya word up... i had a bad streak of catching nails in tires but i believe that is all over with now  [moto] I got my new tail good to go and some new rubber.  what time is the meet up tommrow am at the JJ?

NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #970 on: April 30, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »

Ya word up... i had a bad streak of catching nails in tires but i believe that is all over with now  [moto] I got my new tail good to go and some new rubber.  what time is the meet up tommrow am at the JJ?

No confirmation from anyone else yet but 0900 to 0930 should be about right.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #971 on: April 30, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »

Dude on a red Hypermotard on Tantalus in about 15 minutes.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #972 on: April 30, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »

Dude on a red Hypermotard on Tantalus in about 15 minutes.

so that's why you weren't at the shop...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #973 on: April 30, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »

Ran into a Ducless Majdi at SSD this afternoon...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #974 on: April 30, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »

so that's why you weren't at the shop...

I was at the shop. Twice in fact. 10:30 to 1pm. Out to get safety check done on Hyper. Back a little after 1400 and then out around 1500 to 1530 thereabouts I reckon. zoom zoom

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: