Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:10:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phantom Canyon Tuesday night!!!!!  (Read 5760 times)
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »

applause
Ain't that the truth!  It just takes me awhile to wrap my mind around it.  I have more to say but my typing can't keep up and 4AM will come early so I will have another go at this tomorrow.  These wrecks add a certain level of anxiety just sorting out the insurance much less getting back on two wheels ASAP.   bang head 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

Sorry to hear of the mishap.

Go see a chiropractor for the soft tissue damage...trust me, it works  waytogo

We'll see you in Ouray next year, or somewhere in-between before then!

J_Slyter

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 08:35:54 AM »

Sorry to hear of the accident, and it really sucks that you got a ticket. If you're pulling away from an intersection I'm assuming you're accelerating, which gives you even less time to realize the car in front of you is decelerating/stopped if they have no brake lights.

Glad to hear you are mostly ok.  So I have to ask, was Lance with you and is he ok?
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 09:08:26 AM »

Grin

Yes, the little bastard was along.  It was his first wreck (to my knowledge) and clearly he wasn't at his post.  He usually gobbles those situations up and they are transparent to me.  He chortled and brayed through the aftermath with that imbecilic grin on his face.  He thought the bus ride home to New Mexico was a hoot, too. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Baby Duc

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 10:33:35 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about this!! I hope you're feeling better and are back on the bike soon.
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 04:52:54 PM »

NO GO for me tonight, been down on the river all day, and I'm beat!!!

brew

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 04:50:58 AM »

Bonfy,

Wow, what a deal.  I hate that area of Platte on a bike. Angry  It's a low-life cross-roads.  I'm always on my brakes and in high-frequency scanning mode when riding thru that area.  Lots of blind lane changes, by drivers that usually are 20 mph slower than the rest of the traffic driving cars that are 30 years old. 

Sucks about the insurance and your hand.  Hope surgery goes well for you and that you get complete function back with no lingering effects.  Broken bones are no fun.  Glad to know that you are great spirits.  Vino!  Vicodin rocks!

Can't decide yet if Smitch is a good or bad luck charm.  He's always johnny-on-the-spot for all these accidents this summer.  A real knight in shining armor...  hmmn is he secretly releasing Grimlins so that he can play the hero role???  Is Saschwatch really real???  I'll leave you with these thoughts to ponder.

Cheers and pass the Vicodin!  chug

Hope you get feeling better soon.

Pres
Evil 999

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 07:47:33 AM »

Can't decide yet if Smitch is a good or bad luck charm.  He's always johnny-on-the-spot for all these accidents this summer.  A real knight in shining armor...  hmmn is he secretly releasing Grimlins so that he can play the hero role???  Is Saschwatch really real???  I'll leave you with these thoughts to ponder.

Believe me, the thought crossed my mind.  But my personal aversion to crashes,injury, and unpleasantries in general leads me to nominate somebody else as club hero.  I've served my time! 
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »

... leads me to nominate somebody else as club hero.  I've served my time! 

Walter, perhaps?

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 04:05:06 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up about Platte.  Maybe I could use a color-coded map of the Springs denoting areas of particular concern.  It has changed a lot in the 10 years I've been gone.  I wasn't aware my guard was down, but it must have been.  I will need an exit route when I come up to pick up the bike after WannaDucBad revives it for me.   Grin  Smitch, you done good in your shining knight role and it was much apperciated.  I'll try not to have to activate you for service again.

Who's Walter??

Oh yeah, I forgot, my hand surgery went fine.  Can't seem to find a pain-killer that doesn't make me nauseous so am just dealing with it with ibupropin.  I'd rather deal with pain than nausea.   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:08:30 PM by bonfy » Logged

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
monsterbrew

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 10:30:53 AM »

WHo's down to hit up phantom tomorrow Sept 2nd?  I will be there if anyone else wants to join!!!!  Let me know so I dont fly solo!

brew

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:17 AM »

waytogo shoot some stick?

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
monsterbrew

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 10:36:18 AM »

waytogo shoot some stick?

I don;t claim to be good, but I know how to play!!!!  So I'm down!

brew

monsterbrew

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 01:29:24 PM »

OK FOLKS...who else is gonna show tonight?Huh?  ANYONE?Huh??  I know there are plenty of you out there!!!!

bew

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »

For anybody looking.... both Brew and I have both had to bale. Please don't be standing down there looking for us. Brews off for fun and I ... not so much.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: