Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 09:42:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phantom Canyon Tuesday night!!!!!  (Read 5756 times)
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« on: August 18, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »

OK, so I went solo last week, but I got some interest from a few of you, so I plan on this again tomorrow night the 19th.  If you live here then hopefully you know where phantom canyon is, if not...shame on you!  :-)  I will be there hopefully with some more folks from the group this time, I'd like to meet some more folks that have the same italian passion as myself, so please make it if you can.  Also let any other local duc riders know about it, I'd like to start making this a weekly/biweekly event if we can.  Post up!!!  Better yet show up!!  great food and better brews!!  The heffe rocks!

hope to see you there,

brew

aka Dan   chug

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »

I'll be there!  waytogo Closer to 7pm though. I gotta finish putting together my new car. Tongue I swear someday I'll just buy something that runs......  laughingdp

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 06:56:23 AM »

cant be there...i already have another meeting. have fun ya'll
monsterbrew

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »

WooHoo!!!!  looks like a huge turn out of 2 so far c'mon people, I know there's more than three of us on this board!!!! 

brew

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
gambit688

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 11:41:10 AM »

Would love to but I have wedding stuff to finsh up and have found it smarter not to piss off the fiance

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Ride: 06 S2R 800 Red and White
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 12:38:41 PM »

Bonfy maybe in attendance. Smitch if you come drinks are on me.  chug You know why.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 12:41:13 PM by WannaDucBad » Logged

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »

Well, I actually made it to the first official SoCo Dog DucNight (if you don't count Brew's solo appearance last week !  WooHoo!  It was great to meet ya, Brew, and you, too, Smitch, earlier in the day.  Thanks for your help!   Embarrassed

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 09:33:05 PM »

Bonfy, you're amazing, I couldn't believe you were smiling after your accident!  Glad it happened close to your boys and they were able to swoop in to mom's rescue.  What's your other son's name again?  He and WDB are big boys, the bash brothers!

Don't piss off Bonfy.  She's tough, and so are her sons.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 08:58:24 AM »

Well, I was still in denial a little about the whole situation plus the adrenalin hadn't worn off.   Sad  My shoulder, neck, knee, thigh are sore this morning and my little finger is broken.  WDB is putting me on the bus in a couple hours and I will have it pinned or set when I get down to the Hood.  I was really lucky to have Anson and Briton available to help me.  You, too, man.  It is always such a relief to have the bike handled by loving Ducati hands and go straight to the shop rather than roughed up by an OTD tow truck driver and have the extra ordeal of transferring it from lot to shop.  We were also very lucky to get a cop that actually investigated what happened to uncover the faulty signal and taillights on the car.  I swear, just as soon as I have processed the lessons from the last get off and think I am much more prepared, something completely different rears its ugly head.  I am half expecting a boulder to fall from the sky about now.   Shocked

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »

Well, I was still in denial a little about the whole situation plus the adrenalin hadn't worn off.   Sad  My shoulder, neck, knee, thigh are sore this morning and my little finger is broken.  WDB is putting me on the bus in a couple hours and I will have it pinned or set when I get down to the Hood.  I was really lucky to have Anson and Briton available to help me.  You, too, man.  It is always such a relief to have the bike handled by loving Ducati hands and go straight to the shop rather than roughed up by an OTD tow truck driver and have the extra ordeal of transferring it from lot to shop.  We were also very lucky to get a cop that actually investigated what happened to uncover the faulty signal and taillights on the car.  I swear, just as soon as I have processed the lessons from the last get off and think I am much more prepared, something completely different rears its ugly head.  I am half expecting a boulder to fall from the sky about now.   Shocked

Okay, what happened?  Did you turn off your sixth sense?  It's been a banner summer for folks touching pavement.  Glad to know that you weren't seriously injured. 

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 07:49:40 AM »

yea, what happened?Huh?Huh??

Glad to hear you are healing and are ok!
Smitch

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »

I just realized I was the one to let the cat out of the bag.  Sorry Bonfy.  Not cool of me!
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 04:40:01 PM »

Yeah!  What up wit dat, man?   Tongue

popcorn

Alright, I usually need at least a week to cool off from my last waughed before I can fess up, but I'll try to get it together enough here to relate this latest escapade.  The NMMR is always the last to know, but with DDGM a regular on this board, he's probably already outed me down there (to the inner circle).  Everyone knows, but they just won't let me know they know till I bring it up.   

Anyway, I'm westbound on Platte, one block west of Union.  I'm behind a black car tooling along about 20 mph, having just started up from the intersection.  The black car stopped to make a lefthand turn and had dim or no tailights, not sure which, and no signal.  It sounds so dumb to wad over that, but it was so sudden, I didn't even try to brake, but swerved and caught their right bumper.  I had planned a left turn myself in a few blocks coming up, so I wasn't really monitoring the right hand lane.  I'm guilty of that because my swerve was very half-hearted not knowing what might be there to rumble over me.  I could see that nothing was right beside me, but didn't  have time to look over my shoulder or find the mirror.  I landed on my head, neck, and shoulder.  I staggered to the bike to turn it off and could barely get to the kill switch.  Another motorcyclist helped me roll it out of the street.  A lady cop was passing by and she called all the response teams.  Later, after being asked over and over what happened, I simply couldn't figure out how I went into the back of this lady since I wasn't speeding (I swear) nor following too close, I told the cop I just didn't realized in time that she was stopped.  He went over to the car and conducted an investigation.  It turned out that she did not have taillights nor were her signals working.  She knew that before and admitted they were intermittent.  Dim at best, nonexistent at worst.  I must confess that my relief was immense, because I have to understand how something happened and my part in it.  This just didn't make sense.  So I got a ticket for following too close anyway since I rear-ended her, and she was sited for faulty taillights.  This one is going to cost me a lot more.

WannaDucBad and Briton, my other son, showed up soon after to help me gather myself, provide moral support, and a ride to Urgent Care.  Smitch arrived with the trailer from the shop.  I can't thank him enough.  I guess if anyone deserves to announce another bonfy dismount, it is him.   They will be looking it over to assess the damages.  We'll be rebuilidng this one.  Front wheel, fork, cracked tank, scratched termis.   Cry 

I am typing two fingers short right now.  My little finger was fractured.  They tried to pin it today but it was a no-go so I  will be having hand surgery next Wednesday.   Other than that, my shoulder is still numb where I landed, but x-rays didn't show anything.  My neck and back are sore and I have a giant bruise on my thigh where I raked over the handle bars.  Considering that when I was going through it, my thoughts were that I am breaking my neck, I feel pretty fortunate.  Once again, my gear saved me more serious damage.  Pix to follow as soon as I get some downloaded.

I am one with Jorge Lorenzo.  He is my liege.   Embarrassed

Thanks to everyone for your concern!  SoCo Dogland is a soft place to land if it's gotta happen.   Kiss 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
monsterbrew

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »

I just realized I was the one to let the cat out of the bag.  Sorry Bonfy.  Not cool of me!

Way to go Sean!!   j/k   Grin   Thanks again Bonfy and WDB for showin up it was cool to meet you both!  Good luck with the bike (fingers crossed not a total).  Look forward to hopefully a few more showing up next week!

brew

Smitch

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 06:42:13 PM »

Well, I actually made it to the first official SoCo Dog DucNight (if you don't count Brew's solo appearance last week !  WooHoo!  It was great to meet ya, Brew, and you, too, Smitch, earlier in the day.  Thanks for your help!   Embarrassed

In my defense, this post led to me "outing" bonfy's mishap.

At risk of sounding uncooth, everybody should know that if you have a mishap, it's gonna come out here on the good ole DMF!  Wouldn't have it any other way. We're here for each other, for support, understanding, and ruthless mockery!

Bonfy, I winced while reading of your hand injury and bruises.  But glad you're no worse for wear.  BTW, I love the double meaning of your license plate, 'DRAGN'.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: