Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 06:53:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LSD-DOC proposal  (Read 14030 times)
bryant8

2008 848 White

« on: August 21, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »

As the title states.

discuss...

http://www.ducati.com/ducatiworld/clubs/joinus.jsp
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:33:17 AM by bryant8 » Logged

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 11:10:03 AM »

I guess I'm slow.  What's DOC mean?

Ducatis Of Canada?

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »

I guess I'm slow.  What's DOC mean?

Ducatis Of Canada?

I am slow... found it in that other thread...

"Ducati Owners Club"

Now I feel like I'm hip and in-the-know!

• 1978 Yamaha GT 80

BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:13:28 AM »

As the title states.

discuss...

Does this mean there will be officials, and by-laws, and rules and stuff?  Undecided

• 1978 Yamaha GT 80

bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 11:31:21 AM »

I wouldn't think that there would be formal by-laws and rules in the DOC.  More of just a hierarchy of stuff for official business, I think the Pres/VP can go to the DOC meetings every year and whatnot. 

It's pretty much the same stuff we do already, just with a bit more perks and responsibilities for a few
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:34:39 AM by bryant8 » Logged

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
Bonwilder
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »

What are the perks of being an official club?
Kevin848

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »

Sounds good  waytogo
never2loud
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 11:43:11 AM »

Yep.  Classic bureaucracy... Here is an excerpt from the DNA (Ducati North America) website:

"How to establish a Ducati club

Following you will find some suggestions that will help you found a Ducati Club:

Check before doing anything (on this site) if a club already exists in your area

If a club does exist, contact and join them

If one does not exist or you aren’t satisfied with an existing club, propose your idea to the Ducati Store in your area with the goal of meeting new Ducatisti and sharing your passion

Find a group of Ducatisti friends that would like to share the organisation of the club

Legally create a club and elect a president

Divide the activities with your “team mates” (the management), in particular the official positions, but most importantly, the duties: some one in charge of member communications, organising gatherings, trips, track days, etc…

Choose a name for your club, create a logo, a contact e-mail and a website where you can share information

Decide on a place to get together as the club headquarters

Contact and meet local Ducatisti and propose what is above and give them the chance to improve the club, accepting suggestions and helpfulness

Work with local Ducati Store/Dealer to help promote club membership and activities

Create a member list and have all members sign the privacy policy regarding use of their personal data."

The rest of the DOC info and perks are here:  http://www.ducati.com/ducatiworld/clubs/joinus.jsp

Now I will say that while some of the perks sound cool, i.e., "Exclusive and free visits to the Ducati Museum and factory; Invitation to the world presidents meeting for club presidents and a meeting with company management..." this stuff obviously only works if you're in say, Europe.  Otherwise I think we're talkin' annual swag like DOC pins, stickers, and patch. 

But who cares?  I'm not in it for the patch, I'm in it for the beer.  So who wants to be The Management President?   Evil

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:57:08 AM by Cher » Logged
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 11:51:31 AM »

Having 2 MotoGPs in the states and getting perks to those would be nice.  Not to mention the WSBK when it's in the states. 

We have one of the best Dealers in the country, I think w/ AMS' help we could probably get some kick ass guests to special events

2008 848
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »

Huh? I hit the link & there is a Desmo Owners Club alrady in Dallas - President Toni Nash, VP Mark Cummings founded in 2006 at AMS.  Wasn't Toni the one saying to start a club ?   Huh?

I'm for it if I get to tell Cat that now I MUST have a Duc to play with my friends !  cheeky  applause

I'm modifying this post - went back to Tshirt thread & see that Toni is considering not renewing so there would be a rollover to other leadership - I get it now !
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 12:09:21 PM by Cyclone » Logged

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
never2loud
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »

Having 2 MotoGPs in the states and getting perks to those would be nice.  Not to mention the WSBK when it's in the states. 

We have one of the best Dealers in the country, I think w/ AMS' help we could probably get some kick ass guests to special events

I completely agree.  I think we have a reasonably sized group here if we get everyone to show... I mean the "active" rider/group is at least 15 - 20 on any given event.  Not sure if all this organization will help "grow" the club, but it probably wouldn't hurt either.

We need Official T-Shirts, a fight song and our own beer label, by god, and we need them now - this is serious!!!!   laughingdp
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 12:04:26 PM »

I completely agree.  I think we have a reasonably sized group here if we get everyone to show... I mean the "active" rider/group is at least 15 - 20 on any given event.  Not sure if all this organization will help "grow" the club, but it probably wouldn't hurt either.

We need Official T-Shirts, a fight song and our own beer label, by god, and we need them now - this is serious!!!!   laughingdp

WE do have a General & Duke is a Mascot !!

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
never2loud
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »

Huh? I hit the link & there is a Desmo Owners Club alrady in Dallas - President Toni Nash, VP Mark Cummings founded in 2006 at AMS.  Wasn't Toni the one saying to start a club ?   Huh?

I'm for it if I get to tell Cat that now I MUST have a Duc to play with my friends cheeky  applause

Dude, that is already the case  Evil  laughingdp   You could change your DMF name to "Donald Duc" and have this really cute lil' picture of a yellow...  O.K, maybe not  Grin

Seriously, Toni was the one who mentioned this whole DOC thing to me about two months ago when I had my bike in for service (or maybe it was t-shirt  Huh? ).   Any-freakin'-way, she said she had become too busy to maintain the current DOC, and that we were organized enough and were big enough to make our own DOC to take the place of her's.  She's totally behind our effort so there should be no hard feelings on that side of it.

There's really not much in the way of us getting this done... We've already got an Official Meeting Place/Clubhouse.  It's got its own motorcycle lift, beer fridge, hot tub, dance floor, and EVERYTHING  Evil

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 12:23:24 PM by Cher » Logged
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 12:10:30 PM »

Events like:

maintenance clinics (oil changes/belt changes) over at AMS
race watch parties
big rides (HC/AR)
bike washes
race trips

2008 848
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
never2loud
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »

I think we should add an annual dinner bash at that awesome Italian place over by TomTom.  Maybe make it a family-friendly holiday event in December?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: