Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:07:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday afternoon ride to Bartlett Lake/Pavilions? (8/23/08)  (Read 2370 times)
Dietrich

« on: August 21, 2008, 10:56:20 PM »

If anyone's interested, let's do a quick jaunt out to Bartlett Lake and then end up at the Scottsdale Pavilions this Saturday.

The plan is to ride out in the early evening, and then get to Pavilions at sundown.   [moto]

Meet up at the Superpumper gas station at the northwest corner of 90th St. & Shea at 5:00 pm (a couple blocks east of Loop 101, not to be confused with the station closer to the 101, go to 90th St.).  MAP
Kickstands up about 5:15/5:30. 

We'll head up the 101 , take Pima into Carefree, and on to Bartlett.  Stop, gab, and then back the way we came, down the 101 to Indian Bend exit to the Pavilions on the northwest of the 101 & Indian Bend by about 7:30.  Maybe grab a bite to eat out there if people want to.

Cool?   Cool

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 09:48:39 AM »

I had said on the other thread that I couldn't make it today.  However, I am going to TRY to make it to the Pavillions.

The Pavillions looks rather huge.  Just where exactly does everyone meet there?

Norris

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

Dietrich

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »

The car/bike show is sponsored by a 50's themed McDonalds and there is designated parking all around the north and west sides of McDonalds.  Bikes park directly to the nort.  Although there aren't as many people out when it's this hot, you can't miss it.

Dietrich

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 12:09:41 AM »

Whelp, the few lurkers who missed this one missed a fun ride.  Jon (dinenoj ) met up with me at the gas station and we headed for Bartlett.  Was it hot? Sure, but not too bad really.  We got a couple drops of rain that actually felt pretty nice at the time.  Saw several rainbows, and of course stopped to take some pics.  There were at least 100 bikes at Pavillions.

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 12:02:41 PM »

Sweet pics.  Sorry I couldn't make it.

Last week end I rode out through Cave Creek.  Was a bit worried when I saw an overwhelming show of law enforcement.  The minimum decibel signs didn't help my confidence when I reflected that my Termignonis didn't have the decibel killers installed.

The 25mph speed limit through town is tough.  My poor S4RS doesn't like going 25 mph!  (Not bragging; just a fact.)

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

Dietrich

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 05:17:01 PM »

That's why we ride up Pima, and hang a right to Bartlett, avoiding Cave Creek altogether... Cheesy  Forgot a little word of warning - There is LOTS of sand/gavel on the road to Bartlett right now from the monsoons.  It will go away, but need to give that road some time.  Also, great road for checking out how your suspension adjustments are working out.  waytogo

There are a couple cool stops in town though, and a couple biker hang outs.

The noise limit signs are mostly to help curb the Harley rev'ing.  I know someone who has done testing out there and if you are just cruising through, even with relatively open pipes, you will not exceed the noise limits. 

dinenoj

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »

Whelp, the few lurkers who missed this one missed a fun ride.  Jon (dinenoj ) met up with me at the gas station and we headed for Bartlett.  Was it hot? Sure, but not too bad really.  We got a couple drops of rain that actually felt pretty nice at the time.  Saw several rainbows, and of course stopped to take some pics.  There were at least 100 bikes at Pavillions.

Great look'in photos!!!!
Was a great quick and fun ride late in the day. Need to do more of those.
Thanks for idea.

-j
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: