Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 11:13:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ride Saturday 9/6  (Read 12385 times)
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 07:55:22 PM »

FTR, I bear no rancor to Duckrider and look forward to meeting him. I just wanted to say that FTR.  chug I'm prone to speaking my mind, just as Duckrider did. I'm not harboring any ill feelings and I hope he's not either, it doesn't seem he is, I just wanted to clarify that. I think ultimately we are all on the same page and want the same thing out of this. So +1 prez. I really think we need to reach out to every Duc rider we see though, some will come to us, but a lot of them (like I was) want a good group off riders to ride with but don't know how or where to find them. If we mention this place to riders we meet, or maybe just leave a card tucked under their seat with the SoCO DOG info on it.... who knows maybe 90% aren't interested. However that other 10%? That's 1 new rider out of every ten attempts. If we want this to be successful we gotta take it upon ourselves to be warm and welcoming,  so people feel like they are only a stranger once. In order to do that though we need to not be strangers of each other. So cheers to the future and many good times to be shared!  chug 

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2008, 05:44:10 AM »

A note to Cooleye : sorry to hear your news. I've been there and belive me its does get better but when your in it its rough. If you ever need to talk or just need someone to ride with drop me a note .

Thanks for the thoughts everyone,....but it was a long time coming and I am not sad about it.  I am not one of those types that is going to go to the corner and suck my thumb and call for mommy ....I have a new place and a new roomate, and with the exception of not having my daughter with me every night, life still rules! Viva la Sunshine  laughingdp

My two cents about the group is this: If the ride is me and someone else, then it is good! (riding by yourself alot stinks!) But as far as my observations about this group is there is alot of "family" people in it, and that stuff comes first. I also do alot of photography and this summer I did around 6 weddings (and when are weddings??? Sat or Sun). So right there, I was out alot. Some of the other group I rode with in the past seemed to be single people or people with girlfriends/boyfriends and they had every weekend to ride.

But, I think we should still try to meetup over the winter. Just to keep everyone in the loop....and there is always that occasional warm/hot day where a last minute ride could happen. (maybe go explore Lamar where it is not cold like the mountains)!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 05:50:23 AM by cooleye » Logged
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2008, 06:45:11 AM »

Well said, cooleye!

While reading your post, I did a quick assessment of the demographics of our core group and you are right on.  Everyone of us are either single or coupled up with someone else who rides or comes along cupcake.  We only have one family guy with young children and he just recently sold all his bikes and gear so he could spend more time with the family.  That's a whole 'nother thread that covered pages and pages of replies.  We still consider him part of us, but his riding days are over for now.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »

Great thoughts everybody!  DEFINITELY should try to get together through the winter to cry on one another's shoulders!  Great idea Cooleye.

FTR, I bear no rancor to Duckrider...  

RANCOR, awesome word!
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »

Your flowery prose has left me with no alternatives than to step up my own game.   Grin

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
duckrider

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »

WE should meet in the winter and if anyone skis we should try to go .
Cooleye your right, good things come out of a hard situation I  had to move into a new place to. When I moved in the stress was so low that the two Ducks I had went ahead and had babies and now there are  five of us.
 Looking forward to the next ride.
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2008, 03:09:04 PM »

...the two Ducks I had went ahead and had babies and now there are  five of us....

I need a mate for mine!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: