Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:48:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any of the old sponsors coming?  (Read 38850 times)
desmoworks

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »

I think you will see some of the good sponsors come -- but only once a stable platform is established and things have quieted down some.  It will also be depend upon the quality of posts here.

A lot of the advertisers are pi**ed in the industry in regard to VS.  Nothing like getting your ad rate hiked to silliness just to share a page with other blinking graphics.  DML was a prime example of this now -- higher advertising rate, less exposures and still give the DML member discount.  Most of the banner ads on the site were from others who had never been on the site, know of the site, visited the site, and disregarded the "member discount" that the long-term advertisers created for paying members.  My favorite ads are the "home and garden" ones!

Hopefully the DMF puts together a reasonable approach in how to make banner / advertising and sponsorship work.  And primarily use companies that actually PARTICIPATE within the DMF itself and are visible within the Ducati community itself.

I was looking at advertising on the DML for my summer launch of products.  After talking with VS, I almost deleted my profile.  Then again, they blocked my IP days after that for my home / shop and a friends shop where I accessed the DML.  Go figure...

The price hike is definitely hard to swallow (among other things) in the switch to VS. I was already ready for it though as I worked out a package deal with them before the switch of ducati.ms

To turn this from long to short, I am having to pay about $2400/year more for the two sites than before. As well they just bought a Triumph forum I sponsor so they will do the same there, but I'm not going to continue with that.

My site traffic vs sales from those two sources have not increased - and I've monitored it every day. So I guess the decision becomes - is it better for the bottom line to sponsor or not? Before I didn't look at the cost vs profit, I was just happy to sponsor forums I liked.

Let me know what you are offering vendors here, I'd be happy to continue sponsorship here.

Anthony Creek
Pro Italia Online || mota-lab
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »

The price hike is definitely hard to swallow (among other things) in the switch to VS. I was already ready for it though as I worked out a package deal with them before the switch of ducati.ms

To turn this from long to short, I am having to pay about $2400/year more for the two sites than before. As well they just bought a Triumph forum I sponsor so they will do the same there, but I'm not going to continue with that.

My site traffic vs sales from those two sources have not increased - and I've monitored it every day. So I guess the decision becomes - is it better for the bottom line to sponsor or not? Before I didn't look at the cost vs profit, I was just happy to sponsor forums I liked.

Let me know what you are offering vendors here, I'd be happy to continue sponsorship here.
We certainly will Anthony.

We're very close to having a plan worked out.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »

What about Chris with Motored-Sports? I speak with him quite a bit, I think he's interested in sponsoring the board. He definitely runs the kind of business that I'd want supporting the DMF. He's a small business owner that works his a$$ off to get whatever a guy needs(even if he doesn't have it in stock). Personally I know a lot of the guys on here have extra descretionary income, I don't. I can't afford to buy a lot of my parts new from the dealer. Chris is a lifesaver in that regard, he buys and stock piles parts for guys like me to keep their moto on the road(or in my case completely rebuild them). I don't know how much he's making but from the conversations and dealings I've had with him(I firmly believe he's doing this out of love and passion for Monsters), because I know the price he gave me my stuff for couldn't have cleared a lot of profit. Personally I know I sound like a infomercial right now, but I like to support people who do good business. I feel it's important to let people know when a good job is done, not just pregnant dog when it isn't. That is all, I know most were just dropping a quick line about who that'd like to see contacted and brought over, but he's helped me a lot, and I'd recomend him to anyone.  waytogo

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
MotoCreations

Imagination + Engineering = Imagineering

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »

What about Chris with Motored-Sports?

I think Chris / CA-CycleWorks is probably the most standup guy in the industry.  I first started dealing with him as a customer in 1999 when I first walked into his garage at the house and ordered some FCR's. (I'm still kicking myself for not buying his '92 Black 900SS project then!)  I've recommended Ducatista to him ever since -- even to this day in fact. (I even just ordered from him myself!) Never heard of one complaint in almost nine years.  Hopefully he has success in getting his new fuel tanks to production here to expand his parts lineup even more.

Hopefully a few lessons from the DML were learned.  To build a good forum, you need regular posts by folks who contribute to the community.  You need a stable platform that will grow without daily/weekly hiccups or downtime as what had happened there over the past three years.  Servers and bandwidth costs money.  Advertising by advertisers who are also involved in the industry and the forum is definitely a "win-win" situation to make this place grow for years.

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 10:05:24 AM »

Is that the same Chris? I've read about the CA/ Cyleworks a lot but I didn't know if it was the same guy? I'm not sure it is, but Chris S is from CA so he may be the same, I'll have to ask him. If so I'm glad others have had as positive impression as I have!!!  waytogo

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 01:39:50 AM »

Is that the same Chris? I've read about the CA/ Cyleworks a lot but I didn't know if it was the same guy? I'm not sure it is, but Chris S is from CA so he may be the same, I'll have to ask him. If so I'm glad others have had as positive impression as I have!!!  waytogo

Nah, not the same chris. I'm the one from ca-cycleworks. chris K... Smiley

Mods/Admin:
Yes, please bug me when y'all get the plan fingered out.

I guess it would be mean to punish the sponsors that continue to support the other board.

Yes, that would be mean. And someone has already bullied me about it -- pissed me off enough that I had to actually think about it and consider if I should support the new DMF.

Look, I know you guys are proud and feel entitled, but PLEASE remember that when you yell at us on the other side of the counter, our feelings get hurt, too. We're very busy, so meanies will be overlooked so that we can take care of the next person who appreciates our efforts and keeps manners. (not talking down to us like we're children or stupid)

Thanks -- and I'm headed back into my cave now... I need to get caught up with life. My own personal computer was in misery for a while, but I've found a configuration that's reliable so I can just sit and work. ... I really like kubuntu, but to get a stable version, it's better to install ubuntu first and then apt-get install kubuntu-desktop.

Smiley Chris

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 04:34:36 AM »

Nah, not the same chris. I'm the one from ca-cycleworks. chris K... Smiley

Mods/Admin:
Yes, please bug me when y'all get the plan fingered out.

Yes, that would be mean. And someone has already bullied me about it -- pissed me off enough that I had to actually think about it and consider if I should support the new DMF.

Look, I know you guys are proud and feel entitled, but PLEASE remember that when you yell at us on the other side of the counter, our feelings get hurt, too. We're very busy, so meanies will be overlooked so that we can take care of the next person who appreciates our efforts and keeps manners. (not talking down to us like we're children or stupid)

Thanks -- and I'm headed back into my cave now... I need to get caught up with life. My own personal computer was in misery for a while, but I've found a configuration that's reliable so I can just sit and work. ... I really like kubuntu, but to get a stable version, it's better to install ubuntu first and then apt-get install kubuntu-desktop.

Smiley Chris
Chris,

Please don't mistake the emotions of some of the members for those of the Flounders.

When we have a plan you will know.

Nate

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »

Thanks Nate.  Smiley

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
BozcoRob

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 05:57:48 PM »

If the sponsor "package" is set up like the rest of this place, I am sure we will see our old friends/sources
on these pages. waytogo waytogo

Desmosedici - it's the new Paso (except the bodywork doesn't fit as well)
moto

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 09:31:22 AM »

Let us know when you have figured out a sponsor package.
We'll be happy to contribute.

-M

www.motowheels.com

96 M944
98 900SS FE
01 996R
02 MV Agusta F4 750
05 999R
06 SC1000
07 1098
08 M696
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 09:34:32 AM »

Thanks Martin.

We certainly will.

perspective

LYD

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 07:45:52 AM »

I have delt with both Chris's (chris k. & chris s.)and have nothing bad to say about either!!  Very respectful people and will continue to deal with them!!

Thanks guys!  waytogo

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
speedy

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 02:18:12 PM »

Wow, I just found out about this new space!  I would love to be a sponsor or help out however speedymoto can!!

Christian,
www.speedymoto.com
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »

Wow, I just found out about this new space!  I would love to be a sponsor or help out however speedymoto can!!

Christian,
www.speedymoto.com
You are now officially on the list.   Grin

perspective

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 11:38:38 PM »

Could it be an idea to have a "ask the sponsors" board/thread?

I'm sure they are asked the same questions repeatedly. If they so choose they can answer them, even make them, here for all to see and search.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: