Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 07:42:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A semi-official 696/796/1100 exhaust thread  (Read 476270 times)
S2K

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 06:07:21 PM »

The stainless looks great!  I'm getting the carbons put on tomorrow, hopefully they will look as good.    waytogo
Got the Termi's installed today, all I can say is the bike is completely different now. The hesitation at low RPM is gone, it shifts smoother because the revs dont drop as much between shifts. Its really loud though, but it sounds great. When I downshift it sounds like a gun going off.  I really just cant believe how much better it runs now, worth every penny. 

09 M696
Raux
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 08:13:46 PM »

are the instructions in the box? are there tips to putting them on?
dutchy73

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »

Raux, I put mine on myself. The instructions come in the box, but as I am quickly learning, those crappy photocopied instructions are pretty useless. The photos are hardly useful and the text is somewhat confusing. It's actually easier to wing it, then try and follow the instructions.

If anyone is thinking about doing it yourself, know that you should just dive in as its pretty easy. As a matter of fact, the cans come off soooo easy, its almost off putting to think that in under 2 minutes your new CF termi's could be gone (if you know what you are doing). Two bolts, pop the springs....boom, your pipes are gone.  Shocked

The bigger pain in the butt is the gas tank. If feels like there are a million screws holding that plastic on. And then when you do get all the tank plastic off, you have to start to pull hoses off, etc, just to get to the air filter and ECU. But once you're in, you're in. Couple things to note, make sure you run your gas down to reserve. It will help deal with tank removal. If you have any kind of accessories that require connection to the battery, now would be a good time to hook those up too. It's pretty nuts to think that if you have get to the battery, you have to go through this really long process. I am absolutely getting a trickle charger for winter storage. There is no way I am going through this process again if it can be avoided.

Anyway, swap everything out, reassemble and go have fun. Make sure those baffles come out! It took some getting used to at first, but I can't go back to the stock sounding pipes. The termi's with baffles sound almost identical to stock. So why bother, right? Take'em out...

And I agree with  S2K, the bike runs like a whole new machine. I haven't even brought the bike to the shop to reset the TPS. But I need to soon. Over the last couple hundred miles with the termi's, the amount of popping upon deceleration has increased.

'09 696 Dark, Termi, Rizoma, CRG
sbrguy

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 07:19:34 AM »

now that indy undertail is basically as perfect a look as you can get on the new 696, do they make the same thing that looks as good for teh older monsters?

nice job.
pjfa

M696 pjfa Edition & 900SL III #643

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 03:36:06 AM »

I don´t know what they are but, they´re cool  waytogo

900 SL III #643 & 998s Final Edition
Raux
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 07:31:24 AM »

They look like straight pipes but of a thick carbon fiber.
OwnyTony

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »

They look like straight pipes but of a thick carbon fiber.
look too skinny.  The stock are way to fat.  I like the arrow ones the best so far
dutchy73

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 08:29:42 AM »

Those pipes are crazy. I can only imagine how loud those are. And what's with that chin fairing? I am not a huge fan of chin fairings, but somehow, that looks very good.

Anyone know who makes that? Or do is it custom like those pipes? I would almost contemplate getting one for my bike.

'09 696 Dark, Termi, Rizoma, CRG
S2K

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »

Does anybody know about warranty issues after installing the Termi system?   

09 M696
gearhead

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 06:26:57 AM »

My dealer wanted to install my pipes but I ended up taking them home with me because I traveled 400 miles to buy the bike and when I got there decided to take the Termis' with it. They couldn't do the install until the next day so that was that. I went home installed them easily and the bike ran like crap. It turned out to be the coil issue all along and stopped me from running them for a month or two. After the coil fix it worked better than ever with them installed. I never had the dealer set up the TPS either but it seems to be fine if not a touch lean around 4000 rpm.
lazarus7

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 06:39:29 AM »

could those be the stock cans with the shells removed.....?
looks like the same shoulder...

"...the greatest artists indulge in a 'culpable rivalry' with God."     Stanislas Fumet
Raux
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 07:33:30 AM »

could those be the stock cans with the shells removed.....?
looks like the same shoulder...

if you are referring to the italian motoblog bike below. i think they could have kept the front, then just from the elbow back put a straight pipe on. but the elbow doesn't have the shield bracket and if they took it off they cleaned it up perfect.
desmoworks

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »

Does anybody know about warranty issues after installing the Termi system?   

If a dealer installs the system you get a 2 year warranty on the Ducati Performance parts - and of course your initial factory warranty on the bike stays in tact.

Anthony Creek
Pro Italia Online || mota-lab
Raux
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »

If a dealer installs the system you get a 2 year warranty on the Ducati Performance parts - and of course your initial factory warranty on the bike stays in tact.

and isn't it a one-year warranty on the parts for defects even if you install it?
desmoworks

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »

and isn't it a one-year warranty on the parts for defects even if you install it?

I've never heard that, but it could be true. I've never looked into that though. If I can find some info on it I'll post up.

Anthony Creek
Pro Italia Online || mota-lab
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: