Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:41:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deal's Gap trip pics...  (Read 4379 times)
Rameses

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« on: October 13, 2008, 09:44:03 AM »

I posted up a thread in General, but thought I'd double post here in case anyone missed it.

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=13088.0

waytogo

Blackout

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:00:07 AM »

Nice. Me and several guys made an attempt to get to Shady Valley on Friday but were rained out most of the day and a friend with a GSXR 1000 totaled his bike on a very hard right hander. Piper's Gap was our highlight.

We need to do some more fun rides on this site for chrissakes! [moto]

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
Rameses

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »

Nice. Me and several guys made an attempt to get to Shady Valley on Friday but were rained out most of the day and a friend with a GSXR 1000 totaled his bike on a very hard right hander. Piper's Gap was our highlight.

We need to do some more fun rides on this site for chrissakes! [moto]

Damn.  Sorry to hear about your buddy.  I hope he's alright.

And I concur about the rides.  Let's make it happen.

superjohn

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »

I just took a short trip on the SS and all I can say is the stock seat was designed by the Marquis De Sade himself. I think I may be sterile now and all I did was ride down 42 to Sanford, then back home on US-1 going through New Hill.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:46:49 PM »

No kidding.  Post up if folks are riding, I'm in Waynesville and can usually catch up with folks as the come into the area.  I'm always looking for an alternative to riding solo ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
ruester007

on the 8th day he chopped the tail and went riddn

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:16:39 AM »

That was great. I really am missing my bike. MROC needs to plan a ride for the spring!

2007 - S4RS - Full termi system, integrated front signals/mirrors, Cox Racing radiator/oil cooler guard, frame sliders, DP tank guard, tinted windscreen, Sergeant Seat, pressure plate, spring retention caps, RCM clutch cover (painted), tail chop, emission removed, reflector removal
IN PROCESS - Rizoma clip-ons, grips and ends, Sodium blasted wheels
Paradux

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 05:30:33 AM »

Nice trip. Was in the Boone/Sugar Mt. area all weekend and scenery was spectacular. SO MANY BIKES were out there! Only saw 1 Duc though.

When one of a good thing just isn't enough

2007 SennaStrada 1100S
2007 Team USA 999S
the_Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 06:15:04 AM »

That area is nice too.  I meander through TN into the Sam's Gap area west of Boone and find twisty roads to get back into WNC on.  Most of the time the results are great ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

Blackout

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 07:31:42 AM »

I rode with DucKey last weekend (the ill-fated Shady Valley trip). We both belong to NCSportbikes.com. There's a pretty good group of guys with all sorts  of bikes but the Ducatis are under-represented. We normally go on Sunday rides and get together just about every thursday evening for a Triangle area bike night. Those of you in the area check it out. waytogo

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
jdubbs32584
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 08:06:13 AM »

I rode with DucKey last weekend (the ill-fated Shady Valley trip). We both belong to NCSportbikes.com. There's a pretty good group of guys with all sorts  of bikes but the Ducatis are under-represented. We normally go on Sunday rides and get together just about every thursday evening for a Triangle area bike night. Those of you in the area check it out. waytogo

I'm on NCSportbikes. After reading some of the ride reports though, I'm not sure they are even close to my pace. Seems to be a lot of high speed stuff and I was dismayed by the Church ride report (over 100mph on surface streets?).

Was your first hand experience the same?

Definitely a nice group of guys though. I've hung out with several in my area.
Blackout

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 09:14:27 AM »

^I was on that ride.  "Church" is a term a few of us coined to denote a fast paced Sunday ride (and general hooliganism Evil). Unfortunately somebody posted up about the ride. It got way out of hand with about 30 guys showing up most of which simply had no business riding with us. The first guy that crashed I had never met or seen before. He had no gear on and his helmet fell off when he crashed. He tucked the front end in around a corner doing about 70. The corner was easy to make at a higher rate of speed but this guy was just waaay over his head. We'fe tried to arrange for slower paced rides for less experienced riders and I hope that egos don't prevent people from joining those.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
the_Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 10:08:57 AM »

I might go read up, and see.  I'm already a member of four moto forums, and one music one.  Not sure I can handle much more postwhoring  laughingdp

However, I might be skipping the church rides where Molly barely crosses 100 after the re-gear ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

superjohn

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »

^I was on that ride.  "Church" is a term a few of us coined to denote a fast paced Sunday ride (and general hooliganism Evil). Unfortunately somebody posted up about the ride. It got way out of hand with about 30 guys showing up most of which simply had no business riding with us. The first guy that crashed I had never met or seen before. He had no gear on and his helmet fell off when he crashed. He tucked the front end in around a corner doing about 70. The corner was easy to make at a higher rate of speed but this guy was just waaay over his head. We'fe tried to arrange for slower paced rides for less experienced riders and I hope that egos don't prevent people from joining those.

That's why I'm a little trepidatious about group rides, especially with a large number of riders.
Rameses

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 02:00:42 PM »

I used to go ride with a group of guys all the time that sound pretty close to that.

To be honest, I kinda miss it.   laughingdp

I wouldn't really want to do it all the time like I used to, but once in a while would probably be fun.   Evil
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 02:02:13 PM by Rameses » Logged

Jobu

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 06:05:56 PM »

I used to go ride with a group of guys all the time that sound pretty close to that.

To be honest, I kinda miss it.   laughingdp

I wouldn't really want to do it all the time like I used to, but once in a while would probably be fun.   Evil

And you experienced the guy who shouldn't have been there (the dude that couldn't turn left or whatever).

And then there was the time that Shultz left.  laughingdp

(@  )( @ )
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: