Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is everyone going into Hybernation? Winter purchases?  (Read 5110 times)
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« on: October 20, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »

It's been quiet 'round here lately...a little too quiet!  I'm not one to talk, I've been pretty distracted over the last week and a half.  Personal lives soo get in the way of motorcycle clubbin'.

As winter approaches, do any of you have anything you're planning to buy, bike related?  I tend to stock up during the winter so the next season will be more enjoyable. Any trips planned for those of you hardcore enough?

I bought a battery tender, a rear-stand, and changed my oil.   
Stella

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »

Chains. 
Riding all winter long!    [moto]

Evil

Better yet,  I'll mount planks to the tires and take it to A-Basin!    drink
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 03:34:48 PM by Stella » Logged

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 04:55:09 AM »

Not chains but spikes!!    check out this all season set-up!!  can't get youtube video to post  bang head  but google  " Ducati 200 mph MotoGp Ice Racer"  overkill but still cool

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Smitch

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »

Chains. 
Riding all winter long!    [moto]

Evil

Better yet,  I'll mount planks to the tires and take it to A-Basin!    drink

I wish I was half the man you are Stella.  Wink
ducducgooseme
Local Moderator

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 09:06:45 AM »

I have a bunch o clear coating to do on some of the monster carbon and need to replace the belts.  On the 1098, I am thinking about powder coating the swing arm black.   I will be installing a new DID evr, 14t and 39t sprocket system (the stealth).

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
Smitch

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »

... (the stealth).

Schweeeeet.  The black S has always reminded me of a stealth fighter in the first place, you're bringing it even closer!
Ducati900sp

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 04:38:11 PM »

As you can see I have a lot of purchases to make this winter!

DUCATI-CAMPIONE DEL MONDO SUPERBIKE
ducducgooseme
Local Moderator

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 06:59:45 AM »

OUCH.  that is painful to see..   what happened?  good luck getting her back on the road  waytogo [moto]

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
J_Slyter

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 07:04:16 AM »

Aw man...that sucks.  Sad  Are you ok? What the heck happened?

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 09:20:28 PM »

ah, bummer. Sorry to see that Walter.  Undecided goood luck fixin' her.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
duchristy

'02 M750 Senna with "character"

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 01:27:27 PM »

It's been quiet 'round here lately...a little too quiet!  I'm not one to talk, I've been pretty distracted over the last week and a half.  Personal lives soo get in the way of motorcycle clubbin'.

As winter approaches, do any of you have anything you're planning to buy, bike related?  I tend to stock up during the winter so the next season will be more enjoyable. Any trips planned for those of you hardcore enough?

I bought a battery tender, a rear-stand, and changed my oil.   

Sooo.. apparently I have some parts to buy.  Since the boss doesn't seem too enthused about me sitting on the phone ordering Duc parts during the day, is there an e-mail direct to you Sean? 

Anyone care to give their thoughts on immobilizers?  There's a guy on E-bay claiming he can read the RFID from the bike and make a RED key... that's right... a RED key.  I'm skeptical... but in a non-mobile situation right now... (lesson learned)
Smitch

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 07:41:02 PM »

Sooo.. apparently I have some parts to buy.  Since the boss doesn't seem too enthused about me sitting on the phone ordering Duc parts during the day, is there an e-mail direct to you Sean? 

Anyone care to give their thoughts on immobilizers?  There's a guy on E-bay claiming he can read the RFID from the bike and make a RED key... that's right... a RED key.  I'm skeptical... but in a non-mobile situation right now... (lesson learned)

Larry's got the number of a guy who can make a red key as well.  He's on the east coast somewhere, I think.  Call Larry.  Or call me, and I'll transfer you after we talk about why Mike isn't on here and you why aren't on here enough!  I swear, you "responsible" people and your non-Duc friendly bosses!
Ducati900sp

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 06:16:49 AM »

Yeayuh! This is daddy's purchase for the winter among a few goodies for it! [moto]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:19:11 AM by Ducati900sp » Logged

DUCATI-CAMPIONE DEL MONDO SUPERBIKE
duchristy

'02 M750 Senna with "character"

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 01:35:06 PM »

Larry's got the number of a guy who can make a red key as well.  He's on the east coast somewhere, I think.  Call Larry.  Or call me, and I'll transfer you after we talk about why Mike isn't on here and you why aren't on here enough!  I swear, you "responsible" people and your non-Duc friendly bosses!

I don't think Larry's guy exists any more... e-mail gets rejected and no return phone call.  I'll try this guy in Washington and see what happens and let everyone know how the experience goes.  Other than that... I'm tempted to buy a wrecked bike for super cheap if it's got the parts I need and then just part the rest of it.  So... I may even have parts for sale!   Roll Eyes

And I'm working on my boss... he did try to relate to riding with a story about being in the open air on a tractor... at least he's trying.
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »

Our board is quiet too. So I thought I'd add some noise here.  Grin

Bought a PC3 and will be dropping off the monster today for a custom map/Dyno on Saturday.  Cheesy
Probably going to (partially) open up the airbox as well.

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: