Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 08:29:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DesmoTropic cycling thread...  (Read 25206 times)
DRKWNG
« on: November 03, 2008, 08:34:18 PM »

So I thought I would put this thread in here with the fact that at least three of us are into pedal bikes as well.

We still on for this coming Saturday Tristan?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »

Well, this guy is down, but the wife has marathon training in the morning.  I done forgot.

[edit]
Jen says she's in, but wants to remind that she's sloooooooooooow.  I know you say Alex is slow, but she wants to stress the word.  slow.  As long as Alex won't be toooo bored with it, then cool.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 06:33:05 AM »

Shouldn't be a problem.  Now I just need to see how much of my cycling gear still fits. 
DRKWNG
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 03:18:53 PM »

I think I am going to have to bail out of tomorrow's bike ride Tristan.  I have to work Sunday evening and need to start getting things packed up.  Will call and update later this evening.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »

okeedoke.  let me know wassup.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 10:21:55 PM »

CRASHED AGAIN!!  bang head Tongue --- This time on the Seven. Boss-ski and I were shooting down Kahala Ave towards the golf course and almost to the end we hit a section where the city is tearing up the road for re-paving. OK we're doing just under 20 mph and my front tire blows. Apparently the sidewall hit a sharp section of raised roadway and boom. Instead of having a tire I was then riding on a rubber band in front. Well quess what, that in itself was bad enough but not too bad, but the city had decided to OIL the road to keep the dust down. It was like sliding on ice, that is until the rest of me started to hit the road. It was another hit road and off into the grass deal. The bike is OK except for the tire and I'm a bit rashed up on my right side. Not as bad as the last crash though. Shit.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 10:39:33 PM »

Wow, that is fan-tastic.  That's even worse than my day.  Glad you're mostly ok though.

DRKWNG
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 11:23:13 PM »

Hmmmm... So tell me Rick, that makes two cycling wrecks in a somewhat short amount of time?  Looks like you need to tell Gloria that her idea of you spending more time riding bicycles is bad for your health and that you need to focus more on the moto's.  Wink
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »

Hmmmm... So tell me Rick, that makes two cycling wrecks in a somewhat short amount of time?  Looks like you need to tell Gloria that her idea of you spending more time riding bicycles is bad for your health and that you need to focus more on the moto's.  Wink

She actually brought that up herself last night.  laughingdp  But hey, sometimes shit does happen. I hate that cliche' but sometimes it's true. I'll be putting on a new tire today and we should be riding again tonight. Maybe a little slower? Dunno.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »

Does anyone need, or know of someone who might need, a set of road shoes in size 43?  I have a pair of Pearl Izumi road shoes that have been worn once and then put up; heel cups don't really mesh with my feet. 
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 05:40:01 PM »

Does anyone need, or know of someone who might need, a set of road shoes in size 43?  I have a pair of Pearl Izumi road shoes that have been worn once and then put up; heel cups don't really mesh with my feet. 

Unless 43 means 46, probably not.  Too bad, cause I could sure use some road shoes.

I'll check around a little for you, though.

DRKWNG
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »

No, PI's sizing is a little odd.  I usually wear 45s in both Specialized and Diadora shoes, 43 in Northwave and PI and a 44 in Sidi.
DRKWNG
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 11:07:50 PM »

So, anyone (coughrickcough) thinking of taking their road bikes out saturday?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 07:33:02 AM »

coughtristanisbuthesnotrickcough

DRKWNG
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 08:33:40 AM »

What?  You're no trick?  Wink

What time do you think you would want to go?  Where to?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: