Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 07, 2024, 01:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official DMF Bicycle Thread  (Read 433523 times)
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »

I'd need it a tad bigger  laughingdp

6'2" 34 inseam

Rub it in.

Wait. Don't.

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2008, 11:43:44 PM »

Yeah, I'm not exactly in the market for a short person bike.  Actually, I match the BP fit very closely.  But that bike reminds me of :

http://cdn-4.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/NewVehicles/2004_2_tw200.jpg

which I love dearly

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
FatguyRacer

The A-hole fomerly known as Blueshark928

« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2008, 06:12:31 AM »

Just got the official annoucement on the team bikes. Must have oredered by Oct 10. C-dale CAAD9 frame/fork headset and BB30 bottom bracket. If 10 people on the team order CAAD9's or 10 SuperSixes (doutfull) we get custom team graphics. Price too good to mention. I think I'm gonna do it and hold off on the IF replacement until later. They're not rushing me to replace mine and it'll give me time to get rid of all my old stuff.

John Krawczyk
2002 Ducati ST4s (FIM chip, Arrow Carbys, Sargent seat, DP comfort fairing, Ducati Designs headlight, Toby steering dampener)
My Blog - The Chronicles of Fatguy Racer
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2008, 06:27:43 AM »

'Cross is for masochistic crazy people. Well done.  waytogo

People like yourself?  Evil  laughingdp

Will the Pump Track be open this weekend?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 06:33:20 AM by Bick » Logged

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2008, 07:16:40 AM »

650B? Whacky bicycle "standards".

Tester was 5'-2" with a 30" inseam.
I'm 5'-8" with a 30" inseam.

Long legs I ain't.

Tester was also a Monster rider, just for da record -
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=1537.msg117243#msg117243

That 650B seems to be an answer in search of a problem -- not to say I wouldn't want to try one, but does it really benefit riders to push a third wheel/tire standard for mountain bikes?

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Sinister

« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2008, 07:40:30 AM »

Just got the official annoucement on the team bikes. Must have oredered by Oct 10. C-dale CAAD9 frame/fork headset and BB30 bottom bracket. If 10 people on the team order CAAD9's or 10 SuperSixes (doutfull) we get custom team graphics. Price too good to mention. I think I'm gonna do it and hold off on the IF replacement until later. They're not rushing me to replace mine and it'll give me time to get rid of all my old stuff.

Give me a shout when you start the fire sale.  I'm sure I'll be looking for bits.

"...but without a smiley, some people might think that sentence makes you look like a homophobic, inbred prick. I'm mean, it might leave the impression that you're a  douchebag or a dickhead, or maybe you need to get your head out of your ass."  DrunkenMonkey

"...any government that thinks war is somehow fair and subject to rules like a baseball game probably should not get into one." - Marcus Luttrell
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2008, 08:30:28 AM »

People like yourself?  Evil  laughingdp

Will the Pump Track be open this weekend?

It's a bit of a pond at the moment.  Tongue
Cross racing is nuts. Fun to watch though.

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2008, 08:33:53 AM »

It's a bit of a pond at the moment.  Tongue
Cross racing is nuts. Fun to watch though.

What? Name one other activity that's as half much fun with frozen, muddy snot all over your face. Go ahead, I dare ya.

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2008, 08:41:53 AM »

I'm not good at running, period.

Plus Colorado bike racers are waaaay too competitive for me to have fun any more.

Tongue

Okay, maybe one day.

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
Le Pirate

« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2008, 08:52:23 AM »

A lot of people have told me recently I should get a 29er. I still can't figure out why though  Huh?

I mean, whats the real difference? less trouble rolling over things or what?

FatguyRacer

The A-hole fomerly known as Blueshark928

« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »

What? Name one other activity that's as half much fun with frozen, muddy snot all over your face. Go ahead, I dare ya.

Standing in the pit watching people suffer with frozen muddy snot all over thier faces. I'm reffing most of the local CX events this fall/winter. So far all the CR's have put me in the pits. I guess I start at the bottom!

John Krawczyk
2002 Ducati ST4s (FIM chip, Arrow Carbys, Sargent seat, DP comfort fairing, Ducati Designs headlight, Toby steering dampener)
My Blog - The Chronicles of Fatguy Racer
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2008, 09:34:43 AM »

Plus Colorado bike racers are waaaay too competitive for me to have fun any more.

Tongue

Okay, maybe one day.

Don't think of it as running, think of it as controlled falling -- I start to think I'm in the groove on barriers when it's all I can do to keep my feet underneath me after coming in WAY too hot. Of course, there is that big scar on my cheekbone (here's a tip: in a fight between your face and a solid wooden barrier, don't bet on your face) to remind me that I should practice that a whole bunch in the off season before trying it in a race.

I hear what you're saying about the uber-competitive types making it less fun, but one of the cool things about 'cross (and a lot of MTB racing for that matter) is that you're almost always in a race with somebody, even if you're not at the front. Not at all the same in road racing, where if you're not up where the race is being won or lost you're basically a bike tourist (though in a whole lot more pain). One of my favorite racing memories is the hard-fought battle I had with three other guys for fiftieth-something place at the CX national championship 40+ race in Baltimore a few years back. We knew that none of us would be pulling on a champion's jersey that day, but we made a memory out of every corner & every little victory or defeat along the way.

FGR, say hello to my Coppi brothers & sisters at the Tacchino this year -- I miss that race.  Sad  Or are you working or racing the Giro in Barnesville tomorrow? I'm still on the team listserve, and watching the growing tide of angst reminds me how little fun it was to direct that race...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:27:48 AM by triangleforge » Logged

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2008, 10:46:36 AM »

Tongue

Okay, maybe one day.

And that downhill shit you do isn't off-the-scale-insane?!!!

Post more pics so all these nice peolpe will know what a nut you really are -    Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Sinister

« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2008, 11:09:52 AM »

And that downhill shit you do isn't off-the-scale-insane?!!!

Downhill, insane?  Whatever are you saying?

"...but without a smiley, some people might think that sentence makes you look like a homophobic, inbred prick. I'm mean, it might leave the impression that you're a  douchebag or a dickhead, or maybe you need to get your head out of your ass."  DrunkenMonkey

"...any government that thinks war is somehow fair and subject to rules like a baseball game probably should not get into one." - Marcus Luttrell
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »

Downhill, insane?  Whatever are you saying?

That any two-wheeled pursuit that requires me to don that much armor had better have a motor involved.

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 129   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: