Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 07, 2024, 01:16:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official DMF Bicycle Thread  (Read 433490 times)
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2008, 12:17:09 PM »

Downhill, insane?  Whatever are you saying?

Cheesy

Not motors, but I usually make plenty of BRAAAAPP, VBBBBBBVBVBBVBBBBB noises.

And every time I go out on the DH bike, it makes me laugh.

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »

I'm not good at running, period.

Plus Colorado bike racers are waaaay too competitive for me to have fun any more.

Tongue

Okay, maybe one day.

Let's hit up the veloswap and look for some cheap-ish cross wheels. Then we can do a 'cross race just for fun. Stupid fun is always better in groups.  Grin

Incidentally, I've heard that the best way to do a 'cross race is to carry two bottles - the second bottle has beer in it for the last two laps...
Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2008, 03:16:23 PM »

A lot of people have told me recently I should get a 29er. I still can't figure out why though  Huh?

I mean, whats the real difference? less trouble rolling over things or what?

IMHO, it's a fad. Some folks who are ridiculously tall can justify a 29er, but for most people it's just another way to different and fancy. Like all the other different people in Boulder...  cheeky

That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.
Stella

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »

Bring the Randimus!   He (still) Roll Eyes needs a roadie!!

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Stella

« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2008, 03:23:54 PM »

Cheesy

Not motors, but I usually make plenty of BRAAAAPP, VBBBBBBVBVBBVBBBBB noises.

And every time I go out on the DH bike, it makes me laugh.

I can attest to to those noises.   He makes them at happy hour too.    Grin chug

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »

Downhill, insane?  Whatever are you saying?

OK, not Downhill insane.  Fresh Pants insane.   Grin

I can attest to to those noises.   He makes them at happy hour too.    Grin chug

Validation to my point.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2008, 07:03:57 PM »

IMHO, it's a fad. Some folks who are ridiculously tall can justify a 29er, but for most people it's just another way to different and fancy. Like all the other different people in Boulder...  cheeky

That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

A fad? Yeah tell Gary Fisher that.  Undecided  Oh yeah, it has nothing to do with being tall.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2008, 01:07:53 AM »

A fad? Yeah tell Gary Fisher that.  

You mean the person that single handily created the mountain bike? 
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2008, 08:36:09 AM »

You mean the person that single handily created the mountain bike? 
I assume that is in jest?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2008, 10:15:59 AM »

I assume that is in jest?

Not if you ask him.  According to his story, he was the inventor of the mountain bike and everyone else followed his lead.  Even though there are photos out there of him riding one of the original Joe Breeze bikes down repack WAY before he got into the fabrication business.  It was Breeze's bikes that got Fisher into it.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »

Not if you ask him.  According to his story, he was the inventor of the mountain bike and everyone else followed his lead.  Even though there are photos out there of him riding one of the original Joe Breeze bikes down repack WAY before he got into the fabrication business.  It was Breeze's bikes that got Fisher into it.
Precisely.  I remember my days in LA and the bike industry;  I met many a person still angry with Gary Fisher over his, and I simplify slightly, general assholishness.

Still, he has promoted (mtn) biking quite a lot over the years.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2008, 10:56:33 AM »

What about Otis Guy and Charlie Kelly?

I don't even think Breezer builds MTB anylonger.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:59:41 AM by kopfjager » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »

What about Otis Guy and Charlie Kelly?

They were there in the early days as well, but pretty much all of the originators (with the exception of Fisher) credit Breeze's designs as the ones that started it all.

I don't even think Breezer builds MTB anylonger.

You are correct.  He has focused his attention on furthering cycling as an alternative (trying to make it more mainstream) form or transportation than anything for the last several years.

Precisely.  I remember my days in LA and the bike industry;  I met many a person still angry with Gary Fisher over his, and I simplify slightly, general assholishness.

Yep.  A friend of mine worked with/for Tom Ritchey, and let me tell you about a story filled with animosity.  Wink

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2008, 12:01:41 PM »

What about this Tom Ritchey guy?  Didn't he play around with a little frame building from time to time?  Grin 

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
DRKWNG
« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »

lol  Yep.  Used to have one of his fillet brazed road classic frames way back in the day.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 129   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: