Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 09:26:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: any runners/joggers out there?  (Read 3324 times)
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« on: January 21, 2009, 01:26:26 PM »

i ordered my nike+ sports kit earlier today from amazon.com, and wondered if anyone else in this group has one currently and would like to set up some challenges online.  (and for those that don't, if you already have an ipod nano, it's pretty cheap to get started; the sports kit runs about $25-30.  it allows you to track your running via a sensor that you put on/in your shoe, and then upload your runs to the web via http://nikeplus.nike.com/.  there you can set up challenges with other friends/strangers either individual or team-based, and goals for yourself.)

anyway i just thought i would throw it out there in case there are others that already do this.  a friend of mine uses this and really likes it so i thought i would give it a shot also.  i figured it would really help me keep on top of goals and less likely to get lazy and ditch.  as a disclaimer, i've been really lazy basically the last year or so; i'm no hardcore runner.  i'm lucky to finish three miles in under 30 minutes, but i hope to improve that soon enough.  at any rate, my username on nike+ is rfranzen, so add me and we can set up some challenges.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
a13bpilot

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:07:22 PM »

Does running to the fridge to get a beer count?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.....but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »

There's a few 5ks in the DFW area this coming spring... I'd run one if you're interested.

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
fastwin
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:25:12 PM »

Does running to the fridge to get a beer count?

I jogged to get out of the way of a car once. Used to love to run in high school then switched to bicycles. Wish I had the knees to do either. Brother in law has turned into quite the marathoner. He does two or three a year. And yes Jason, it does count. laughingdp B8 didn't know you were a runner too. Hope the cycling is going well. How do you like the trainer you got?
webspoke

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »

I might give it a try, but will need to replace my thieved nano.  Your pace sounds like just my speed, nice and easy, and not far!

Streetfighter 1098S
BellaDiva

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 08:22:12 PM »

Running is AwEsOmE !!! This is my favorite time of the year to Run !  I have the Garmin 405....it tracks everything from heart rate to your exact location, it's GPS so you download online and it gives you your exact route...
It works great, it actually has a cycling mode and a running mode...Like I said, I love it !

Need running shoes or work out apparel, of course cycling apparel as well....make a trip to PEARL iZUMi in Fort Worth, I will give ya the "Good Guy" deal   Grin

Check out....Runlikeananimal.com     laughingdp
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:24:59 PM by BellaDiva » Logged
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 08:40:41 PM »

Running is AwEsOmE !!! This is my favorite time of the year to Run !  I have the Garmin 405....it tracks everything from heart rate to your exact location, it's GPS so you download online and it gives you your exact route...
It works great, it actually has a cycling mode and a running mode...Like I said, I love it !

Need running shoes or work out apparel, of course cycling apparel as well....make a trip to PEARL iZUMi in Fort Worth, I will give ya the "Good Guy" deal   Grin

Any deals on a Garmin 305?   Grin  The 405 is badass, but too much for me.

I may have to make a trip out there sometime

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
Ronr

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »

I do the occasional cross country run. It's usually 3-6 miles, through woods, creeks, tunnels, and some streets when you can't avoid them. There is a beer stop in the middle and an extended beer stop at the end. I can give you more details later if interested, but we run at least once every weekend and alternate between D and FW. There are solutions to the poison ivy issue.
♣ McKraut ♣

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 05:31:34 AM »

i take it you're talking about hashing?  that's some good stuff...i haven't done it for several years.

-  Dallas, TX
webspoke

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 08:59:52 AM »

The closest I get to cross country is dodging oncoming cars or puppy landmines  Roll Eyes

Streetfighter 1098S
Ronr

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »

i take it you're talking about hashing?  that's some good stuff...i haven't done it for several years.

Yep. Not sure if that works for what you're wanting to do, but it's better for me than normal running.
greenohawk69

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »

You can check out Luke's Locker and Run On! running stores.  There is a Luke's on Oak Lawn NE of Lemmon on the north side of street.  There is a Run On! on Mockingbird off of the East side of Central, south side of street in shopping center. 

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
♣ McKraut ♣

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 02:29:20 PM »

ordered my stuff from amazon yesterday afternoon, and it arrived at my office today around 10.  nice.  i'll be trying it out when i get home...i have to say i'm pretty excited.

Yep. Not sure if that works for what you're wanting to do, but it's better for me than normal running.

yeah, definitely sounds like a good time, though i need to get some stamina before i try to keep up with you guys.  but i would definitely be game for a hash run sometime.

-  Dallas, TX
Ronr

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 02:34:30 PM »

yeah, definitely sounds like a good time, though i need to get some stamina before i try to keep up with you guys.  but i would definitely be game for a hash run sometime.

That'd be great, just let me know  waytogo
newslacker

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »

I'm selling a black nano 3g with nike+ and case for $100. I ran with it a few times, the results were embarrassing. I've come to find out that I don't like competition, even against myself.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ele/999377774.html

PM or respond to ad.

2007 S4Rs
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: