Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 05:26:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multistrada Re-construct -- DONE  (Read 75560 times)
dbran1949

2007 S4RS Black Termis

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 09:30:27 AM »

Did you get the frame powder coated?
Triple J
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 09:39:57 AM »

Did you get the frame powder coated?

Yes. I ground off all of the unnecessary fairing mount tabs first, then got it powdercoated gunmetal gray. Rims, triple clamps, and a few other pieces have been powdercoated flat black.
dbran1949

2007 S4RS Black Termis

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2009, 09:53:30 AM »

That should make a nice combination with the gloss black
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »

Triple J, I just saw this thread and only had a chance to skim what you're doin'.  I'm excited.  This is gonna be so cool.  I'll give it all a thorough read later.

Did you do a drawing or photochop or something before-hand so that you knew where you were going with it?

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
Triple J
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2009, 02:37:26 PM »

Did you do a drawing or photochop or something before-hand so that you knew where you were going with it?

That's a good idea. I'll have to remember that for the next project!  Grin I just started with an idea in my head...and that's still all I have. I can't draw to save my life anyway.  Undecided

I didn't even really plan the start of the project. I'd been talking about the possibility of a rebuild for a few months with my wife, then the weather went to shit, then a weekend came up where I didn't have anything to do and it was raining straight through. So...I just started taking things apart on Saturday.

As a result, the project has grown in scope a bit. Originally I wasn't even going to take off the frame, but the more I looked at it the more the unused tabs bothered me...so off it came. I then realized I needed some custom gauge and taillight brackets...and exhaust...and on and on. Luckily my wife thinks it's a cool project and doesn't complain when I buy more stuff...and I don't complain when she gets more shoes!  laughingdp
needtorque

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2009, 03:21:54 PM »

Looking great and you are making fairly quick progress.  Can't wait to see the finished project.  If you are basing it mainly on that 3rd pic at the start of the post it will be very interesting to me.  Like you I like a lot of things about that one but not everything.

Who insures the FDIC?
DucatiTorrey
My wife's super hero is my

Industrial Designer

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2009, 03:31:36 PM »

looks awesome, i love it when people are beave enough and that into their bikes to do this kind of stuff. Subscribed! popcorn drink

- real place
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »

That's a good idea. I'll have to remember that for the next project!  Grin I just started with an idea in my head...and that's still all I have. I can't draw to save my life anyway.  Undecided

I didn't even really plan the start of the project. I'd been talking about the possibility of a rebuild for a few months with my wife, then the weather went to shit, then a weekend came up where I didn't have anything to do and it was raining straight through. So...I just started taking things apart on Saturday.

As a result, the project has grown in scope a bit. Originally I wasn't even going to take off the frame, but the more I looked at it the more the unused tabs bothered me...so off it came. I then realized I needed some custom gauge and taillight brackets...and exhaust...and on and on. Luckily my wife thinks it's a cool project and doesn't complain when I buy more stuff...and I don't complain when she gets more shoes!  laughingdp

I love that you just started taking shit apart.   laughingdp

I know you're into it already, but think about taking some time and doing a mock-up of what you have now and taking some pics now.  Then find a friend with some photoshop skills (or PM Motocreations -- he does this stuff all the time).  There'll be a buncha little things that'll be easy to change now that you won't wanna do when you have it all put together.  Random powdercoat or paint stuff or one part that you wanna change out.  Stu and I had a constant back n' forth when the M1000SS was being built.  I think he wanted to kill me, but it was really productive (and expensive) to step back at a coupla different points in the process and see what things we'd missed when it was first envisioned.

This thing is gonna be f'n cool.   waytogo
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:01:09 PM by Spidey » Logged

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
Triple J
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »

I know you're into it already, but think about taking some time and doing a mock-up of what you have now and taking some pics now.  Then find a friend with some photoshop skills (or PM Motocreations -- he does this stuff all the time).  There'll be a buncha little things that'll be easy to change now that you won't wanna do when you have it all put together.  Random powdercoat or paint stuff or one part that you wanna change out.  Stu and I had a constant back n' forth when the M1000SS was being built.  I think he wanted to kill me, but it was really productive (and expensive) to step back at a coupla different points in the process and see what things we'd missed when it was first envisioned.

I have done this to a certain extent. I made mock-ups of a couple different headlights before I bought one. I also have made mock-ups of the gauge and taillight brackets to make sure they looked good and fit (and I didn't have to pay for machining twice). Powdercoating is complete...so I hope it looks good!  Roll Eyes I thought about it quite a bit beforehand though...so it should.  Grin

My downside on projects like these is I'm impatient.  Undecided
Alexandre
Monstro

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »

its looking really good and i am so excited to see where it is going. i wish that i had the patience (and $) to do this too, its just too make the beast with two backsing cool  waytogo
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2009, 12:40:27 PM »

Looks like the paint on tank came out gorgeous  waytogo

Looking forward to the next installment.

mitt

Triple J
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »

Not the most exciting update...BUT, it is starting to look like a motorcycle again!  Grin

needtorque

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »

Ok, I gotta see the final product now.  I have little to no vision but I see black, white, and baby blue.  Any hints as to what you are going for?

EDIT: Nevermind I am an idiot.  It's tape.

Who insures the FDIC?
jftoha

07 s2r 1k, Termi Shorty, Tail Chop, Pazzo levers,

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »

I think the blue you see there is tape protecting the frame.

Ok, I gotta see the final product now.  I have little to no vision but I see black, white, and baby blue.  Any hints as to what you are going for?

EDIT: Nevermind I am an idiot.  It's tape.

DucatiTorrey
My wife's super hero is my

Industrial Designer

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2009, 07:37:04 AM »

this is going to be ridiculous!!!!! popcorn

- real place
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: