Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:18:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ: Short Riders  (Read 72517 times)
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »

http://motowheels.com/i-8585531-corse-dynamics-ride-height-rod-748-998-hm-mts1000-m620-695-m1000-s2r-s4rs-s4-st.html

You'd have to check how much shorter, at the shortest setting 245mm, this is in comparison to your stock rod.
Remember that adjusting the rod will adjust the ride height more (the rocker arm has a 1:1.37 ratio and the seat is positioned further back than the rocker arm pivot) Not a big issue - just take good measurements as you go along.

It's also wise to lower the front accordingly - or more if you like sharper turning.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »

Hey All,

One of the main reasons I joined this forum was to learn more about adjusting the riding height of the '05 Monster 620.  My girlfriend is about 5'3" and she still has a little trouble moving her bike around and feeling fully confident on inclines and parking, etc.  We've had the seat shaved and this helped, but the incline on the back of the seat still keeps her higher than ideal. 

I've been looking at the rear suspension linkage trying to figure out if there was a way to lower things that way.  Then I found your site and read about an adjustable dogbone link.  Sounds like a perfect fix -- only the old web links to suppliers no longer seem to work.

Anyone know where I can find such a part for sale?

Thanks,
Dan in East Bay

Year and model?
freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 10:27:08 AM »

Year and model?
'05 Monster 620.

2011 Monster 796 ABS

CW/evotech tail tidy, lightwereks integrated tail light, CRG Arrow bar end mirrors, Duc.ee solenoid eliminator & 696 midpipe, sans charcoal canister, pileon grab bars, Arrow Dark slipons (sans dB killers), Rizoma Zero11's, Rizoma Lux grips, Rizoma rearsets, Rizoma gas cap, 1098R Ohlins forks, IMA Triples, Galfer wave rotors, Brembo radial masters, Rizoma reservoirs, Ohlins DU737, Rizoma bars, 15t AFAM front and 41t supersprox rear sprocket with EK MVXC chain.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 01:57:06 PM »

Missed it. 

Get the link posted by stopintime.  Lower the front the same as the back to maintain stock geometry.
SuperJetGirl
lean or die

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »

Hi All

I ride a Ducati monster 696, in which I am looking at this low seat to purchase....

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151564988913?nav=SEARCH

The stock cowl needs to be removed... Can anyone tell me how easy or hard this is to remove?
I read other posts about removing a bunch of screws but not sure it's really that easy.... also someone mentioned something about the lock?  (I'm not really sure what that was about)

Also does anything else need to happen to get this low seat on or does it literally just snap on and I'm good to go? (Once cowl is removed)

Last question- does anyone have names of any other boots that add height for the vertically challenged besides the daytona's??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2015, 10:50:28 AM »

The seat is released from the lock with the key - off and on - 5 seconds.

Removing the cowl isn't required, but something you'd have to do to transfer yours to the new seat.
It's two bolts - one on each side - you can see the holes for them in the pictures in the ebay link.

Dolph

SuperJetGirl
lean or die

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »

The seat is released from the lock with the key - off and on - 5 seconds.

Removing the cowl isn't required, but something you'd have to do to transfer yours to the new seat.
It's two bolts - one on each side - you can see the holes for them in the pictures in the ebay link.

Dolph
Ok. Thanks. Are you sure it's just two bolts for the cowl? I see the bolts but I want to make sure there are none underneath that aren't visible that will make this harder. Two bolts seems too easy.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2015, 02:29:18 PM »

Ok. Thanks. Are you sure it's just two bolts for the cowl? I see the bolts but I want to make sure there are none underneath that aren't visible that will make this harder. Two bolts seems too easy.

Try it  waytogo

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 10:53:03 AM »

Also, make sure the preload on the shock is set up properly for you.  Any decent shop should be able to help you with this.
SuperJetGirl
lean or die

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »

Try it  waytogo
So I didn't realize the cowl was part of the seat. I thought they were 2 separate pieces. So I didn't need to do anything. Ha!  Oops. My bad. Anyways, thanks for your help! 😃
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: