Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:11:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Stimulus Payment - Woo Hoo!  (Read 7284 times)
TiAvenger
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 06:11:18 AM »

I,  like a good sheep, went out and bought a flat screen, you know why? Because I'm a patriot, and I love America, and Bush told me that if I didn't spend them money on a new flat screen I was supporting terrorist.

cheeky

but seriously.... I love the free flatscreen  laughingdp
slowpoke13

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 06:25:21 AM »

I stimulated the economy...

.... Of Russia. Do you know how much vodka, hookers, and blow you can get for that kind of money? Neither did I before we pulled in.

Most of it spent in a pizza bar/strip club. Yes, that is correct, Some smart entrepreneurs decided a pizza place wasn't good enough (or a strip club was rather dull during the day) and opened up a nice place that serves both. This is the best combination since that peanut butter truck collided with that chocolate truck. Place opens at noon, serves damn good pizza and beer (even has a coat check at the door). They've got a nice hookah assortment as well. Then, in the evening, they draw blinds (yes, the place has lots of windows, even has outdoor seating on a nice patio) and the patronage is treated to a nice strip club (decent class too). And get this, they still serve damn good pizza and beer.

So yeah, that's where most of my economic stimulus went. I figured their economy needed it more than I did.

slowpokesan
lawbreaker

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 07:20:39 AM »

My wife just f'ed  up and let slip out that we got our check direct deposited a few days ago...........

........2100.00!

Can you say new exhaust Evil
............... HEY!!!!!!

My check is in PESOS............. bang head
DY

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »

My wife just f'ed  up and let slip out that we got our check direct deposited a few days ago...........

........2100.00!

Can you say new exhaust Evil

three kids?  I'm still waiting for my 600 smackaroos
yamifixer

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 08:08:58 AM »

I bought a kitchen sink.

Does that mean I have everything now?

'00 M900Sie, '66 Benelli Fireball, '70 Honda Z50
Valve Springs are EVIL
Adam in TX

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 09:46:32 AM »

I think the liquor distributors of america are going to see a fairly substantial increase in sales this month :-D

My notice came dated 5/12/08 and said I should be receiving my rebate on 5/9/08.

Funny time table.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »

I've not recieved a notice nor a check...  Lets hope they're both on the way!

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 10:03:11 AM »

I've not recieved a notice nor a check...  Lets hope they're both on the way!

JM

yeah same here.

Crossing fingers...

Darkhorse den mother
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »

No notice of mine yet.  I'm debating on paying down a CC or tossing it into my 2nd bike fund. 

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »

I'm debating on paying down a CC or tossing it into my 2nd bike fund. 

I'm deciding between tossing into the honeymoon fund or putting tires on the truck...  They're a little thin, but I hardly drive it ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
James.M

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 11:34:53 AM »

I am entitled to an economic stimulus payment of $27.05 as provided by the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008.

Maybe I can afford that 1098R now.
dont spend it all in one place, bad karma
jclin

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »

Bad move. Never close the account, you just reduced the amount of available credit. You probably increased your debt ratio by doing that.

Paying it off is good, but NEVER close an account....

Sometimes people require the temptation to be gone. If closing your account is the only way of keeping financial discipline, it will benefit you in the long run. Besides, there is such a thing as having too much potential debt, isn't there?
DY

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »

Sometimes people require the temptation to be gone. If closing your account is the only way of keeping financial discipline, it will benefit you in the long run. Besides, there is such a thing as having too much potential debt, isn't there?

Just cut up the credit card.  Thats what I did 10 years ago with my Macy's card which I opened for the 10% discount.  A couple years later, after I had forgotten all about it, I pulled out a credit report and there it was in good standing.  Your post just reminded me of it... I've been meaning to close that account for years. 
jclin

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 12:20:04 PM »

Anyway, sorry to threadjack.

Back on topic: My gf is getting 600. She's a grad student, too, so I'm not sure why it's so much. And why the heck would the government give less than 200 to anyone? It's not even worth the stamp, envelope, paper, and (wo)man-hours to process to send something of so little value! Roll Eyes This is why I'm a Republican/Libertarian.

I'm thinking of either investing it in the mutual funds, or maybe I'll build a new computer.
kenrok1

2005 M620

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »

I have several cards I have paid off and left open for the credit factor, but there is the peace of mind when they are closed... as it stands I check on them every month to make sure there aren't any fraudulent charges
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: