Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 11:17:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Lego Visor graphic initial design  (Read 69063 times)
sroberts152
Say hello to my

« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2009, 01:55:53 PM »

I got a weird tip on installation. Being a lazy ass I sat in my recliner putting the LEGO mask on. Once I got it where I wanted with the shield IN the helmet, I got it started in the middle and worked my way out. What really helped was holding the shield over my face while in full recline mode. If you keep the mask sorta curled away from the shield it was easier for the decal to not get accidentally stuck.

In the attached pic I'm using a cloth to simulate the decal. My kids think I'm nuts. All in all it took me about an hour to get it on. Patience is the key and yeah my arms got tired.
How is it on the inside?  I was thinking that would make cleaning a lot easier.  I'm still waiting on mine to make my decision.
ghosthound

« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

off to the store to get a new clear shield to stick it to!  waytogo
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »

FYI....be very carefull riding with this on.  I just got back from a test ride.... wowzer.... my head is spinning. My eyes had a hard time switching from looking at the dots, to looking through the dots.

+1 i think it might of been wiser to go with the big dots. I threw my contacts in and went for a ride, it was easier to not focus on them with my contacts on but the second you start looking at the dots, you wont see anything but dots. I think this will be a show off visor, just to look pretty riding around town. I wouldnt take this on a weekend ride or to the track.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »

woot woot ...got it today ..............Canada !!!...

will install tomorrow supposed to be 13 deg this weekend ...maybe a trial ride for Mr Lego Head
Goat_Herder

« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2009, 05:11:53 PM »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

off to the store to get a new clear shield to stick it to!  waytogo

I am so glad you finally got it.  The long wait is finally over.   waytogo

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
ghosthound

« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2009, 05:50:34 PM »

Its harder to see through it when the sun is shinning at you.  I noticed that in the shaded areas, vision was barely disturbed. I did notice that people would stare and sometimes even point  laughingdp

I will post pix with the bike tomorrow!

Overall, it was money well spent.   waytogo
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:07:26 PM by ghosthound » Logged
ghosthound

« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2009, 01:31:27 AM »

As i was wearing it today... i started thinking... It seems like a lot of the visual distortion comes from the laminate layer.  I understand its importance in protecting the finish on the printed vinyl but i believe if it was just the perforated vinyl, we would be able to see through it a lot better.
Darth Paul

« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »

Visibility wasn't as good as I hoped..  but still can't keep chuckling from how silly I look Smiley  This thing is great.

duclvr

« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2009, 02:36:43 PM »

waytogo
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »

brooklyn is a depressing place. only the little children laugh. the adults have already lost their emotions. its insane! but i dont care im laughing away in helmet with a fog free visor! MUAHAHAHA!!!

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2009, 10:09:10 AM »

I got mine on Friday and wore it on the 18 mile ride to work, traffic was a little slow, however I got a lot of looks, a ton of thumbs up and lots of people creaming things like "that's so awesome!" and "That Rocks Man!" It was way too much fun.

I wear all black gear on a dark monster but add a Repsol version of the Axio hardpack, which has a hard plastic shell, I think it goes well with the LEGO face. Sadly I can only wear that visor w/face when it is bright outside, and I live in the pac NW.

here's the bag I wear

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
sroberts152
Say hello to my

« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »

I just got mine in today!   waytogo waytogo waytogo

New helmet this weekend + spare visor and hopefully I will have it ready for work on Monday morning.

Thank you for this!   bow down
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2009, 05:44:26 PM »

that is make the beast with two backsin' hilarious!

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

I just discovered this post.  Looking at the first few pix of the helmet I wasn't too impressed.  Then I saw the pix of you (or someone) actually wearing it.  While laughing I said to myself, "I must have one of these!"

Beautiful.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »

I am LegoMan

very cool thanks

March Break so many kids given me the thumbs up
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: