Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 22, 2024, 06:11:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Lego Visor graphic initial design  (Read 68357 times)
silentbob
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »

Not enough time to work on your grammar apparently.   Grin Grin Grin Grin
jsanford

« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »

Any left?

WANT!

It'd be great with my Isle of Man jacket...

'08 695 - Seattle
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2009, 06:32:33 AM »

Not enough time to work on your grammar apparently.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

yer out'a da will

laughingdp

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
billruiz
I'm a tool with a

« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2009, 07:42:32 AM »

I wore the Lego visor today on my way to school. It freaked me out most of the time, so I rode with it up, but lowered while at stoplights. Kids and moms think it's cool. A harley guy in his bar and shield festooned cage called me a squid. I called him a tool...no response after that. I can't wear it like some of you guys. I feel like I'm riding with a blindfold....but when a hot soccer mom likes it, life can be good.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2009, 10:09:13 AM »

....but when a hot soccer mom likes it, life can be good.

"What say we fold down those rear seats for a little "stow-n-go" action?"

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
s2r800

« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2009, 12:27:54 PM »

anyone tried putting this on the inside of their visor?  i want it to cover only my face so it looks more like the original 80's lego man  - if i cut it and placed it inside out - would it make a difference?

maybe i'll be the guinea pig and let you know what happens....
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »

anyone tried putting this on the inside of their visor?  i want it to cover only my face so it looks more like the original 80's lego man  - if i cut it and placed it inside out - would it make a difference?

maybe i'll be the guinea pig and let you know what happens....

The back of the graphic is black, and is the only side with adhesive.  If you flipped it all people would see is black, and you would be challenged to a staring contest with a giant lego man every time you put your lid on. 

The graphic will trim down to any size you want.  You do not have to follow the outline of your visor.  If you want to trim the graphic down to cover just your face go for it, but make sure to cover your entire field of vision.  Any open areas on sides/top/bottom will be very distracting. 

Make a template with a piece of paper, place it on your helmet and trim or trace the outline you want.  Apply the template to the graphic and cut it out.

Good luck,

- Will

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:59:21 PM by BastrdHK » Logged

M-ROCin' it!!!
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2009, 01:26:12 PM »

I want one!

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
s2r800

« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »

The back of the graphic is black, and is the only side with adhesive.  If you flipped it all people would see is black, and you would be challenged to a staring contest with a giant lego man every time you put your lid on. 

The graphic will trim down to any size you want.  You do not have to follow the outline of your visor.  If you want to trim the graphic down to cover just your face go for it, but make sure to cover your entire field of vision.  Any open areas on sides/top/bottom will be very distracting. 

Make a template with a piece of paper, place it on your helmet and trim or trace the outline you want.  Apply the template to the graphic and cut it out.

Good luck,

- Will

ha - i just noticed that it is black on the otehr side - oops!
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2009, 04:51:14 PM »

Got mine today! I'm so excited to put this on!

Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2009, 05:40:07 PM »

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2009, 01:00:14 PM »

Just found this myself (im lazy damnit)

If there are any left, I want one...otherwise, is there any plans t do another run? I know several friends locally that will want one once they see me with one...

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2009, 08:51:45 AM »

got mine the other day...put it on a few nights ago.  i did a pretty good job of installing i think...but ended up with a couple wrinkles still.  hopefully though they will just stay small.  but otherwise it went fairly smooth.

the one thing i noticed was the clear vinyl seemed not as clear as i was hoping when wearing it...vision is slightly hazy.  getting the hang of seeing through the perforations is easy enough, but the small amount of haziness does make it a bit more challenging.  definitely not something you want to be caught riding with during the nighttime...

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
trenner

« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2009, 10:59:39 AM »

Put mine on today.  If the material had been a bit taller, it would have wrapped beautifully on my HJC CL-SP, with almost no distortion.  But, because it was relatively short top to bottom, I had to either leave the rear sides (where the visor mounts) uncovered, or work at an angle that completely covered the sides, but distorted the whole strip of smiley material with respect to the surface of the visor.  I chose the latter, though it meant lots more work going after wrinkles and bubbles, and a 45 minute install instead of a 2 minute install.  Still, I'm happy with the result.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:02:23 AM by trenner » Logged
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2009, 05:32:23 PM »

I agree with the laminate creating a haze.  It is optically clear before it is applied to the vinyl, but the heat used to apply it, as well as heating it when we install it on our visors, causes distortion.  The laminate was intended to preserve the graphic and ease cleaning because it would not allow debris to get trapped in the perforations.  The laminated graphic will last forever, but if you don't feel comfortable riding with it its not worth it.  I am printing the second batch Monday, and I'm going to forgo the lamination process.  I want to ride with it for awhile to see how it performs.

Put mine on today.  If the material had been a bit taller, it would have wrapped beautifully on my HJC CL-SP, with almost no distortion.  But, because it was relatively short top to bottom, I had to either leave the rear sides (where the visor mounts) uncovered, or work at an angle that completely covered the sides, but distorted the whole strip of smiley material with respect to the surface of the visor.  I chose the latter, though it meant lots more work going after wrinkles and bubbles, and a 45 minute install instead of a 2 minute install.  Still, I'm happy with the result.

trenner,

Do you think an extra inch in height would've given you enough room?

M-ROCin' it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: