Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 11:14:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8984 8985 [8986] 8987 8988 ... 14357   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official "Say Anything" Thread  (Read 7393383 times)
MendoDave
« Reply #134775 on: September 25, 2013, 07:39:10 AM »

Morning

Smooth Commute to work this morning. No traffic. It did it in 35 seconds today.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #134776 on: September 25, 2013, 07:44:35 AM »

Morning

Smooth Commute to work this morning. No traffic. It did it in 35 seconds today.

SOOOOOO long?! Shocked

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
77south

« Reply #134777 on: September 25, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »

So, on Friday night, Basil, one of my wife's two Manchester Terriers had problems with a disk in it's neck and had to go see the emergency vet. (we gave it some pain meds and made it rest and now, you wouldn't know it was ever in pain) Then on Saturday the other dog, Tiny had her first seizure, so that was another late night visit to the emergency vet.  On Monday night we went to the vet again for follow up, and because she was acting strange.  My Father in law drove up from Moline to watch them while we are at work.  Last night she had two more seizures.  My wife is taking a half day off to take Tiny to the University animal hospital to see if they can diagnose a cause. That probably means x-rays and maybe an MRI.

We have been briefed on what could cause a 13 year old dog to start having seizures, and none of those things are good.  Lymphoma is the big one, it would also cause the elevated calcium levels that are present in her blood.  Hypothyroidism also got mentioned, but it is much rarer.

I love those dogs, but they mean the world to my wife. They crisscrossed the country with her, when she was moving from Arizona to New Mexico, Washington state, Illinois and finally to Madison.  She took care of them through some seriously hard times when she had to choose between buying food and paying rent, they never went hungry or lacked for anything.  I am worried sick and neither of us have gotten a good night's sleep since Thursday.  And Monday I go in for knee surgery, so I'll be home and mobility limited for a week starting Monday, of course.  I can take care of Tiny now, if she were to have a seizure, but I would have a hell of a time walking her around the apartment for the hour and a half it takes her to calm down, while on crutches whacked out on pain meds. Her father will probably stay and help, but I feel overwhelmed, and heartbroken and helpless. It kills me to see Tiny suffer. I can't make the little dog or my wife feel better.   Cry
MendoDave
« Reply #134778 on: September 25, 2013, 07:54:32 AM »

SOOOOOO long?! Shocked

I took my time and had a  look at the GMC I'm parting out for a few seconds on the way to work.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #134779 on: September 25, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »

So, on Friday night, Basil, one of my wife's two Manchester Terriers had problems with a disk in it's neck and had to go see the emergency vet. (we gave it some pain meds and made it rest and now, you wouldn't know it was ever in pain) Then on Saturday the other dog, Tiny had her first seizure, so that was another late night visit to the emergency vet.  On Monday night we went to the vet again for follow up, and because she was acting strange.  My Father in law drove up from Moline to watch them while we are at work.  Last night she had two more seizures.  My wife is taking a half day off to take Tiny to the University animal hospital to see if they can diagnose a cause. That probably means x-rays and maybe an MRI.

We have been briefed on what could cause a 13 year old dog to start having seizures, and none of those things are good.  Lymphoma is the big one, it would also cause the elevated calcium levels that are present in her blood.  Hypothyroidism also got mentioned, but it is much rarer.

I love those dogs, but they mean the world to my wife. They crisscrossed the country with her, when she was moving from Arizona to New Mexico, Washington state, Illinois and finally to Madison.  She took care of them through some seriously hard times when she had to choose between buying food and paying rent, they never went hungry or lacked for anything.  I am worried sick and neither of us have gotten a good night's sleep since Thursday.  And Monday I go in for knee surgery, so I'll be home and mobility limited for a week starting Monday, of course.  I can take care of Tiny now, if she were to have a seizure, but I would have a hell of a time walking her around the apartment for the hour and a half it takes her to calm down, while on crutches whacked out on pain meds. Her father will probably stay and help, but I feel overwhelmed, and heartbroken and helpless. It kills me to see Tiny suffer. I can't make the little dog or my wife feel better.   Cry
Helpless is a horrible way to feel.

Hope the pup is OK, and you heal up quickly.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:09:24 AM by ducpainter » Logged

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

MendoDave
« Reply #134780 on: September 25, 2013, 08:06:45 AM »

I hope it works out OK too. Didn't get a chance to read this before....
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #134781 on: September 25, 2013, 08:08:44 AM »

So, on Friday night, Basil, one of my wife's two Manchester Terriers had problems with a disk in it's neck and had to go see the emergency vet. (we gave it some pain meds and made it rest and now, you wouldn't know it was ever in pain) Then on Saturday the other dog, Tiny had her first seizure, so that was another late night visit to the emergency vet.  On Monday night we went to the vet again for follow up, and because she was acting strange.  My Father in law drove up from Moline to watch them while we are at work.  Last night she had two more seizures.  My wife is taking a half day off to take Tiny to the University animal hospital to see if they can diagnose a cause. That probably means x-rays and maybe an MRI.

We have been briefed on what could cause a 13 year old dog to start having seizures, and none of those things are good.  Lymphoma is the big one, it would also cause the elevated calcium levels that are present in her blood.  Hypothyroidism also got mentioned, but it is much rarer.

I love those dogs, but they mean the world to my wife. They crisscrossed the country with her, when she was moving from Arizona to New Mexico, Washington state, Illinois and finally to Madison.  She took care of them through some seriously hard times when she had to choose between buying food and paying rent, they never went hungry or lacked for anything.  I am worried sick and neither of us have gotten a good night's sleep since Thursday.  And Monday I go in for knee surgery, so I'll be home and mobility limited for a week starting Monday, of course.  I can take care of Tiny now, if she were to have a seizure, but I would have a hell of a time walking her around the apartment for the hour and a half it takes her to calm down, while on crutches whacked out on pain meds. Her father will probably stay and help, but I feel overwhelmed, and heartbroken and helpless. It kills me to see Tiny suffer. I can't make the little dog or my wife feel better.   Cry

I know how it feels when it comes to the dogs . . . Hope everything works out for the best . . .

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.3
« Reply #134782 on: September 25, 2013, 08:37:49 AM »

mornin y'all

someone pass me a red bull, please
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #134783 on: September 25, 2013, 08:47:06 AM »

mornin y'all

someone pass me a red bull, please

check inbox . . . Grin

Carlos
teddy037.3
« Reply #134784 on: September 25, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »

check inbox . . . Grin

lol

minus the beer
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #134785 on: September 25, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »

. . . not even the beer girls?

Carlos
teddy037.3
« Reply #134786 on: September 25, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »

guinness girls instead, maybe.

or oktoberfest anything girls.

man, why can't it be socially acceptable to start my day with a pint of guinness?  instead I gotta be "that guy" who "should go to meetings" because of an "issue."
*disclaimer, I do not do that.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #134787 on: September 25, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »

well, internet time is almost over . . . .

take care everyone . . .

see ya tomorrow, maybe tomorrow afternoon . . .

Carlos
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #134788 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:20 AM »

Stella, how goes the day with your boss acting as the piratey parrot sitting on your shoulder?

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
teddy037.3
« Reply #134789 on: September 25, 2013, 09:27:08 AM »

see ya carlos
Pages: 1 ... 8984 8985 [8986] 8987 8988 ... 14357   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: