Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 11:31:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6331 6332 [6333] 6334 6335 ... 14331   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official "Say Anything" Thread  (Read 7269814 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #94980 on: October 06, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »

no 1198s for me.

going to look at a mazak mill I found online tomorrow.

If it's good, I think I can buy it, ship it in (it's an hr away) and get it under power for less than $10k.

That would be the crown jewel in the Deal King's crown.  Id be able to make triple clamps, rearsets, wheels . . . you name it.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #94981 on: October 06, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »

That's true, but some stuff is just ludicrous. Wink

so you're like that guy on tv who's punching the octopus on his shoulder while gold coins spray out of his pockets?

I know the feeling Grin

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #94982 on: October 06, 2011, 04:55:41 PM »

no 1198s for me.

going to look at a mazak mill I found online tomorrow.

If it's good, I think I can buy it, ship it in (it's an hr away) and get it under power for less than $10k.

That would be the crown jewel in the Deal King's crown.  Id be able to make triple clamps, rearsets, wheels . . . you name it.

OK, ... no bike, go mill ! ! ! !

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #94983 on: October 06, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »

so you're like that guy on tv who's punching the octopus on his shoulder while gold coins spray out of his pockets?

I know the feeling Grin
I know I've said it here...

I feel like a thousand dollar bill tree at harvest... Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #94984 on: October 06, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »

That's true, but some stuff is just ludicrous. Wink
You should see some of the prices I see for jobs. Makes me glad I just do them and don't normally see the prices.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #94985 on: October 06, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »

I know I've said it here...

I feel like a thousand dollar bill tree at harvest... Grin

Yeah, but imagine how you'll feel when you're not buying oil for the stove all winter *and* freezing your ass off at the same time

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #94986 on: October 06, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »

and when just for fun some clown remotely accesses your system and shuts off the heat for a little while  cheeky

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #94987 on: October 06, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »

You should see some of the prices I see for jobs. Makes me glad I just do them and don't normally see the prices.
I priced a product to use as a moisture barrier because it was outwardly permeable and liquid applied. I figured it would be something I could do to keep labor costs down.

A comparable sheet product would be ice and water shield, but it isn't outwardly permeable.

Ice and water shield is considered expensive.

I could buy the ice and water shield twice and pay for most of a DIMBY for the cost of the liquid.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #94988 on: October 06, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »

and when just for fun some clown remotely accesses your system and shuts off the heat for a little while  cheeky
just do it on a sunny day... Kiss

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #94989 on: October 06, 2011, 05:05:37 PM »

I could see you doing this just to devil, then crapping your pants when it won't go back on

laughingdp

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #94990 on: October 06, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »

I could see you doing this just to devil, then crapping your pants when it won't go back on

laughingdp
yeah, and it's not just around the corner either  Tongue

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #94991 on: October 06, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »

around the corner?

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #94992 on: October 06, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »

around the corner?
meaning, "Oh boy, I make the beast with two backsed up and now have to go there"

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #94993 on: October 06, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »

laughingdp

gotcha

yeah, not just around the corner

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #94994 on: October 06, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »

That's it for me

everyone have a nice ning

Pages: 1 ... 6331 6332 [6333] 6334 6335 ... 14331   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: