Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 04:18:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 S2R- I don't like the exhaust!!  (Read 39826 times)
CraigD426

If you can't be good, be good at it.

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 03:06:24 PM »

5 hours? OMG  Shocked 2 hours and my body is screamin in pain, I gotta work on those ergos  bang head

2003 M1000Sie, Carbon fiber Akrapovic high mount full system exhaust, Speedymoto frame sliders, Power Commander, open airbox, Dyno'd and runs like a bat outta hell!

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z55/craigd426/
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »

5 hours? OMG  Shocked 2 hours and my body is screamin in pain, I gotta work on those ergos  bang head

Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken, she's petite.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
OwnyTony

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 06:03:47 PM »

My advice for the cheapest thing you can do to darken your exhaust is paint them black and wrap your pipes with dark heat wrap and ditch the 2 heat shields (which wrapping your pipes will automatically do for you)
amcloud

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 06:28:37 PM »

So two questions-

Does no one use the kick stand? 

And... does no one have passengers?  wouldn't putting that exhaust to the side like that possibly case you (or a passenger) to get burned?

I got a bad exhaust pipe burn on my first bike and never forgot it! lol!

Go with carbon, it doesn't transfer heat.  You can ride for hours and get off and hold your carbon cans...they will just be warm. 

M696 - sold, M1100s - gold Speedy kukri pressure plate, black Speedy halflife cover, Pazzo shorty racing levers, 14 tooth front, CRG ls, Speedy sliders all around, Leo Vince exhaust.
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »

Well I guess my first "mod" is coming- I purchased some frame sliders today because it seemed to make the most sense in case I lowside.  I should have gotten a set for the front wheel too but I'll do that next month.  That means that the next thing I need to do get swap out the mirrors since that shouldn't be terribly expensive.

*sigh*

"Do something each day that scares you..."
alienfocus
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »

Well I guess my first "mod" is coming- I purchased some frame sliders today because it seemed to make the most sense in case I lowside.  I should have gotten a set for the front wheel too but I'll do that next month.  That means that the next thing I need to do get swap out the mirrors since that shouldn't be terribly expensive.

*sigh*

Good call on the sliders...that was my first mod as well. The mirrors will help a lot trust me. If ya want I am more than happy to make you some of the mirrors I use (custom bicycle mirrors) Mine have never budged and I have had several bike owners ask me to make them or ask if they were moto mirrors...I can mod them here and send them ready to install since we share the same bike. I can give you an accurate estimate if your interested.

I will also highly suggest you keep and eye out for exhaust systems and maybe cored cans (and other mods) for 2 reasons:

The economy: A lot of people are selling off bikes and they usually try to sell their mods on the side for extra cash so there can be a lot of good deals to be had if your on a budget...scan the parts for sale listing, ebay, craigslist..ect

The new generation of Monsters: With the introduction of the 696 and 1100 series that are a completely new design...owners are starting to again sell their current bikes and parts for new ones. Manufactures of parts for our series of bike will likely have deals as well now that the demand will soon sway for new products for the newer style of bikes. I got a killer deal from my dealer on my Leo Vince just because it was an older style with no db killer insert and people wanted that insert...so the older system was on killer sale to make room for the new one's...funny since most owners I knew who got the system...chucked or ebayed the insert.  laughingdp
Gus Duc

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 09:26:06 PM »

Congrats on the bike!!!! and there is a ton you can do and not break the bank. I too hated the stock exhaust myself and it was so quiet. I did a pair of cored cans from a local owner first...cheap ($100) and was night and day in sound and he also painted the cans black

...then found a great deal on the mid-pipes....then got a killer deal on a Leo Vince Ti system.

I also suggest:

Belt covers...paint them and maybe even cut them open...mine are stock covers with paint and had a fellow Ducati owner cut them as he had access to a machine shop.

Sprocket cover...again paint and chop it if ya like. The majority of after-market covers are pricey and alloy or carbon...I got the stock cover from a Sport Classic new at my dealer for $11...it looks like it belongs there and is just custom enough

Tail chop...its the visual eyesore I think of any stock monster.

My mirrors are Mir-Cycle bicycle mirrors (12.95 each) and with a Dremel tool and 10 minutes...you can keep your stock bar end weights and have mirrors that work great.

Hope this helps a bit  waytogo

Damn you bike is spotless Shocked  Where did you get those cam covers tha say "Ducati" Huh?
grandpa nate
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 08:07:26 PM »

Mine is silver s2r with full Termi system.  just throwin it out there
Duck-EZ

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 11:50:51 PM »

I did my exhaust in steps.  I first got a Quat-D mid-pipe from Monster Parts (last one he had, but he carries a brand called Sparks now) That was about $400.  Then I scoured the classifieds here and Ebay and craigslist until I came across a Leo Vince Slip On muffler at the right Price.  I spent under $800 and am happy with the looks, I really LOVE the looks of that ZARD set-up with one pipe on either side, but I can not justify spending $1500 on an exhaust for my bike.  I recently dropped my bike onthe highway and my insurance man helped me with some more recent mods....here is what she looks like now....

B- I haven't seen Sparks on Monster-parts currently. I was thinking of those for my s2r. Anyone know another vendor that carries Sparks in the states? Sil makes side by sides, a bit connish. I didn't dig the eschelon tips of the Zards, definately partial to the side by side configuration.Hope this doesn't complicate things MsTek.

2006 Black N Tangy S2RS
silas

2V

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 09:24:13 AM »

*sigh*

MsTek, sweetie -MIRRORS- I've always felt the CRG mirrors were ridiculously too much $$ and have had the bicycle bar end mirrors called "THIRD EYE" on my last 2 Ducks. For the budget minded like me, they are awesome. They're about $12 each at any bicycle store and look & function great if installed tightly & properly. If the bicycle store doesnt' have them, they can order them quickly. I like the way they look better than crg's (except they are black plastic & not billet alum) since they do not stick up above the bars. You will have to turn your head a little more to see back, but you get used to it.
You'll also need to remove the bar ends or cut your grip ends off.

-silas-

Ride fast, ride safe
'98 M900, '92 Yamaha TDM850
Travman

‘70 Guzzi, ‘73 Norton, ‘73 V7 Sport, ‘12 V7 Racer

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 12:10:45 PM »

I remember when my 800 looked like that (except for the reversed colors).  Prepare your wife and your wallet, cause this stuff gets addictive!

Good luck with the new bike.
Psycledelic,  Is your headlight fairing the "Carbon Flyscreen Fairing" from MonsterParts.com?  I did notice your Monster Parts sticker on the airbox.   Which bellypan fairing did you get?
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »

thanks for all the suggestions!

One thing-  I live on a residential street and I don't mind my bike having some boom- it is a motorcycle.  But I do think I need the cans to reduce the noise some because I am surrounded by apartment buildings and houses (I really do live in the city!) so I don't want to disturb TOO much.

Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 04:11:43 PM »

Ceramic coated.

2007 red S4Rs
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »

Ceramic coated.

Your pipes?

Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »

Your pipes?
Yes, I just had them done down in Indy.  That would be a cheaper option for you to darken your  exhaust system.

2007 red S4Rs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: