Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 18, 2024, 02:17:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Healthy Snacks  (Read 4254 times)
Jobu

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 12:02:41 AM »

For late night, I would suggest staying away from complex carbs and stick more with high protein foods.  A little fat is ok too as long as it isn't covered with carbs.  Your body produces HGH when blood sugar is low during sleep.

Fat and protein before bed.  Simple carbs in afternoon and evening.  Complex carbs early morning and lunch.

Fish, fish, fish, and more fish.  I can't say it enough.  Too bad eating healthy is damn expensive (luckily I work at a seafood type of restaurant and get cheap shrimp, tuna, salmon, and scallops).

Lowfat cottage cheese is great because of the long lasting casein protein.

Lowfat yogurt is always good, just watch the carbs because some yogurt is loaded with surgar and don't eat it before bed.

I know you said tuna, but you can also get canned salmon.  I suggest the gourmet cut, not the premium cut.  It cost more but it is worth it and beats the hell out of tuna.

Just found this, good info:  http://www.shapefit.com/late-night-snacking.html.

I'm by no means in shape, but when I do really stick to things like this, I can pack on the muscle and lose the fat quickly.  It's just all those late nights of drinking that kill me.

(@  )( @ )
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »

thats cus Asians actually DO eat babies

(just kidding, just kidding!!!)

Im going to eat your first born child..... Angry   laughingdp......im just kidding....or am i? Evil

Jobu....dont they say too much fish = bad? high mercury content? I eat A LOT of shrimp, and i always heard eating too much protein in a week can gum up your kidneys and cause kidney stones....hopefully thats not true cause then id be due for one pretty soon. Sad

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Le Pirate

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 09:07:19 AM »

IMO...

a "snack" shouldn't require more than one step

my favorite is clementine oranges

the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 09:09:29 AM »

my favorite is clementine oranges

Excellent choice!  Mandarins are also very similar in size, ease of peeling & taste, but a bit more tart.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »

tequila.

shit...wrong thread?

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Porsche Monkey
JuddDdd likes my

The DMFer formerly known as Ducaholic

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 09:23:52 AM »

tequila.

shit...wrong thread?

Now your talking.  A glass of Milagros Reposado over ice does it for me every time.

if I had a vagina...I'd never leave the house

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 09:27:13 AM »

tequila.

shit...wrong thread?

Depends...how many calories are we talking about per oz?

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »

Im going to eat your first born child..... Angry   laughingdp......im just kidding....or am i? Evil

See, now that kind of talk is why your comments about eating babies was not well received in the past  Wink
I'll let you know if I don't like it when it comes out....hahaha..not that entertaining that thought is in the faintest corner of my mind especially after that scary April Fools scheme.

Depends...how many calories are we talking about per oz?

Tequila is actually one of the worst I think - it has the most carbs. Hence, they make a sugar sub. out of the same plant.
Unless, of course, we are talking "mentally" healthy snack...then by all means, tequila FTW.

Jobu

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 05:43:25 AM »

Jobu....dont they say too much fish = bad? high mercury content? I eat A LOT of shrimp, and i always heard eating too much protein in a week can gum up your kidneys and cause kidney stones....hopefully thats not true cause then id be due for one pretty soon. Sad

The mercury thing isn't proven.  More of a myth.  Me thinks you'd have to eat a truckload a day.

As far as protein being bad.........yes, it can be.  Too much and bad things can happen, but, again, you'd have to eat a lot.  If protein makes up most of your caloric intake, that's when your kidneys have to work harder to remove the ketones that this creates.  And essentially, you get dehydrated.  Fluids are very important.

It is important to use what you take in.  If you work out a lot, then you need more protein to help repair muscles.  A lot of people think you can just eat protein and gain muscle without increasing your exercises, which is very much a myth.  Also, you don't want to eat more than 30 to 40g of protein at a time and, other than late night, you want some carbs to help with the insulin response associated with getting proteins to the muscles.  That's why I recommended eating carbs early in the day and protein for a snack late at night.  And as always, drink plenty of water.

(@  )( @ )
NAKID

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 06:45:35 AM »

Also understand that your "Hunger Pangs" may actually be thirst. I would first try a nice big glass of water and see how that helps your hunger...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 08:03:16 AM »

For late night, I would suggest staying away from complex carbs and stick more with high protein foods.  A little fat is ok too as long as it isn't covered with carbs. 

Sounds like you're suggesting......bacon!

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Nitewaif

m944,m750,Indiana

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »

If there's a Trader Joe's near you, their mediterranean hummus and flatbread are delicious.  I slice some feta on the side and chow down. 

That's all I got.  Alot of the stuff I snack on is terrible for you.  I just polished off a bacon and velveeta sandwich.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »

i found the best snack....its called work on your bike. I've literally forgotten to eat lunch for the past 2 days.

and as far as the mercury myth.... well has anyone actually tried to prove it? Lol, it sounds plausible but far fetched if you really think about it.

NAKID

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »

Ummm, what does most of the Japanese's diet consist of? Fish. I think mercury toxicity is one of those "it could happen". Yes, fish eat things that could be tainted with mercury, but how much varies widely...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Holden
Sausage Creature

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 02:41:28 PM »

There is measurable mercury in [probably most] food fish, so the question is simply whether or not it will harm you if you don't eat a whole ton of it.

http://www.heartland.org/publications/environment%20climate/article/18129/Mercury_in_Fish_Not_Dangerous_Study_Shows.html

But there are other toxins aside from mercury—no idea what health problems they may or may not contribute to.

http://www.nps.gov/dena/parknews/wacap.htm

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: