Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 03:23:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edited: from HELP to Ordered!.....Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust on 2007 S4R  (Read 8050 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 02:23:08 PM »

Me likey that full system.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
LA

The Sleek Black Beauty

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »

One of our number did the two into one Akro on an S4RS some time back and posted on the old board.  He used a DP ECU and got the same increase on the dyno that others were seeing with the Termi full kit as I recall. He did the open airbox too, of course.

I'll post a pic if I can find it at work.

LA

"I'm leaving this one totally stock" - Full Termi kit, Ohlins damper, Pazzo levers, lane splitters, 520 quick change 14/43 gears, DP gold press plate w/open cover, Ductile iron rotors w/cp211 pads.

R90S (hot rod), 80-900SS, Norton 850 MkIII, S4RS
DucRulz

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »

Excellent, thanks LA!

Don't you love working on non-work related stuff and getting paid for it? Makes my time and effort of going to work less obtrusive to my life. I am getting that exhaust, within two weeks, SHE WILL BE MINE, oh' yes SHE WILL BE MINE!

Perhaps that would give me a good goal. Axhaust now w/possibly the Fat Duc, then add a DP ECU or PCIII after my wife forgets about the Axhaust purchase.

2007 S4RT Ti/red, Monstrack mirrors, 14T, CF Hugger, Akrapovic Ti Evo Exhaust
2006 H-D Nightrod, open pipes w/fuel manager
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 12:25:33 PM »

Perhaps that would give me a good goal. Axhaust now w/possibly the Fat Duc, then add a DP ECU or PCIII after my wife forgets about the Axhaust purchase.

That's a good idea. I didn't wait long enough. She still has not forgotten

DucRulz

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 03:17:49 PM »

Why can't they ever just "Live in the now?" Not only do they fight about stuff that is old, they dig it up just to fight about it again, like we didn't learn the first time. When are they gonna get it, we are not ever going to learn!  Grin

HA! Here is my new plan for funding obscene purchases, have my buddy put it on his credit card, then pay him back, chip away at it here and there, squirrel money away! Is that a winning plan or what? applause

Back to the Axhaust, thanks DMF'ers! It would be nice to see a dyno with a fuel management change, thanks LA for looking.

lsberrios1

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 08:15:18 PM »

I really want to know about the full akrapovic evolution exhaust with a PCIII.  Can I put the full exhaust, put a PCIII and open the airbox and make it run like a termi kit???  I have heard it is even better but I am just not sure about it yet.  I am looking for about 130+rwhp on my S4rs.  Do you think these mods without a DP ECU and tricking the O2 sensor would work?

2007 S2R1k
2008 848
2008 S4Rs
geoffduc

18 till i die

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 09:07:08 AM »

DucRulz i have a s4rs with a stubby termi but i've allway's liked the single high mount can so keep us posted with the mod.  waytogo

Carlos you've just got to get a girl like Barb, she never worries about what i send on toy's  Wink Wink

coffee

2015 scrambler FT
2009 monster 1100s
DucRulz

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »

DucRulz i have a s4rs with a stubby termi but i've allway's liked the single high mount can so keep us posted with the mod.  waytogo

Carlos you've just got to get a girl like Barb, she never worries about what i send on toy's  Wink Wink

coffee

Yeah Carlos, and when you find that "girl like Barb" for yourself, See if she has a good looking sister for me too Cool

Will keep you post, should be in the mail by this coming Friday, my own way of celebrating Mexico's Labor Day!   laughingdp

hillbillypolack

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »

I had been considering that system before I got the termis for the Duc.  Thing was that you still needed to get the DP ECU ( I believe) for any performance mods at the engine.  So, totalling up the AKrapovic system, then the DP ECU (alone) was way more than getting the termignonis with the ECU as a kit.  I know, six of one half dozen of the other.  I also wanted to see/hear one in person before dropping cashola like that.

Looks great though.  I agree, it cleans up the back end really nicely.
dbran1949

2007 S4RS Black Termis

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 09:20:33 AM »

I had been considering that system before I got the termis for the Duc.  Thing was that you still needed to get the DP ECU ( I believe) for any performance mods at the engine.  So, totalling up the AKrapovic system, then the DP ECU (alone) was way more than getting the termignonis with the ECU as a kit.  I know, six of one half dozen of the other.  I also wanted to see/hear one in person before dropping cashola like that.

Looks great though.  I agree, it cleans up the back end really nicely.

Same here, I liked the look of the akrapovic but with out the DP ECU it could be problematic. I guess if I ever get to actually hear one I could always try to sell my Termis  (I have heard that the stock ecu can be reflashed for about $300 which was not available when I bought my full system)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »

Since when do you need the DP ECU? If you're running the stock airbox it will run lean. If you have it opened, it will run waaaaaaay lean, but there are other options to buying the DP ECU.

dbran1949

2007 S4RS Black Termis

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 12:44:20 PM »

I know there are a lot of threads about fuel mappings, DP ECU, stock ECU, PCIII, Lambda Sensor work-around devices, etc. I've seen the damage  running lean can do to a piston. Running even a little lean was not an option for me, in fact from the factory these bikes run too lean for my taste. Everyone is welcome to make there own decision. I was just stating why I didn't buy Akraprovic

+1  Looked great in the photos I was able to find
+1  Read an article about one on a kawa, said the workmanship was excellent
-1  Couldn't find one at any local shop to be able to look at one for an S4RS
-1  Could not find a sound clip with one on an S4RS
-1  Knew (for fear of lean) I would have to buy the DP ECU anyway

Total = -1 bought the full termi system
DucRulz

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »

I can be the Ginnea Pig for the forum, take one for the team!  waytogo

OK the Akrapovic Evolution System is in the amil on it's way, getting closer each day. Should be here and installed by Sunday! I am still on the fence about what to do after that with A/F. I could go Power Commander, or I am thinking Pro Tune and reflash my ECU. ANy insight to that, I am guessing Pro Tune, if it works as intended should be the better choice. Maybe?

Has somebody ran the PCIII and the FATDUC together? Does that remove the o2 sensor or it leaves the sensor and adjusts it? 

Keep you posted

flanman

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »

Can't wait  popcorn

Moronic

07 S4Rs

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »

Has somebody ran the PCIII and the FATDUC together? Does that remove the o2 sensor or it leaves the sensor and adjusts it? 

No, but I've been thinking it should work.

The FatDuc leaves the Lambda sensor (O2 sensor) on the exhaust and adjusts it. It affects the signal from the sensor to the stock ECU.

But the stock ECU attends to the sensor only while in "closed loop" mode, which acc to the Power Commander crew is in the zone of under 19 per cent throttle and/or under 5250rpm. Hence, the FatDuc should allow you to enrich the mixture as desired in this range.

The PCIII will not affect mixture in this range, as any changes will be compensated by the stock ECU and hence eliminated.

But once you get over 5250rpm and 19pc throttle, the stock ECU switches to open loop (again, acc to the PC crew), and so should be tuneable in that range with the PCIII.

Also, given the FatDuc affects only the signal from the O2 sensor, and in the 5250/19pc-plus range the ECU ignores the sensor, the FatDuc should not affect fuelling at all in that range.

IN THEORY, you could have the best of both worlds here: a closed-loop system that will automatically maintain the air-fuel ratio you choose (via the FatDuc) in steady cruise conditions, which switches to an open-loop system tuneable via the PCIII as soon as you get solidly into the mid-range and open the throttle.

In practice? Something tells me there's a major snag that the theory doesn't account for. Hope I'm wrong tho.

I imagine you'll be the first to go this way.

I expect you would need to select the PCIII map offered for the 'stock' system, then have someone custom-map the PCIII to suit the Akra for just the open-loop area.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: