Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:22:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edited: from HELP to Ordered!.....Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust on 2007 S4R  (Read 8059 times)
DucRulz

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 10:06:22 PM »

My thoughts exactly. One would compliment the other, in harmony   drink like these two items, beer and men!

You totally brought back a memory from the movie Lethal Weapon, when there are going to Trixy's, Riggs and Mertah think of a scenario and spout off "thin, yeah thin, really thin," then BANG!! the house blows up. Anyways, had to be in my head to get that one maybe Grin

There has to be a missing part, or you would have thought more DMF members would have tried it, as an easy solution to a widely known problem.

2007 S4RT Ti/red, Monstrack mirrors, 14T, CF Hugger, Akrapovic Ti Evo Exhaust
2006 H-D Nightrod, open pipes w/fuel manager
DucNrun

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 07:12:39 AM »

For the money you would spend on a fat duc, PC III, and tuning, why not just get one of the reflash kits that are now available?
DucRulz

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 07:44:54 AM »

Jason from FatDuc wrote this to the question at hand:

"You can run the two products together as long as you understand the limitations.  O2 Manipulators do not eliminate the factory
O2 sensor.  You would control the closed loop portion of the fuel map with the O2 Manipulator and the open loop portion with the PC3.  There has been some confusion in the past thinking the Power Commander will have full control of the map after the O2 Manipulator was installed.  We have a couple of customers that run this combination and report it works well for their needs."

I am thinking on the same lines as DucNRun now, was not sure if the PCIII being a workable poduct as well as the FatDuc, if better results could be achieved due to more knobbes cold be tweaked.  Huh? 

Moronic

07 S4Rs

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »

DucRulz,

thanks for citing the clarification from Jason at FatDuc. It sounds, then, as though the snag is not so much in the theory itself as in the effort required to apply it effectively.

Keeping the closed-loop ECU would probably allow you to run the bike a bit leaner in the closed loop part of the map than you'd be game to with a fully  open-loop system. That could help preserve the stock bike's nice fuel efficiency (an important consideration for me) but you'd also be stuck with the erratic low-speed running.

Enrich the mixture enough with the FatDuc to smooth out the motor and you'll likely do no better than if you had an open-loop ECU tuned for max efficiency via a PCIII (or custom-mapped Nemesis).

And at the other end, I'm guessing you'd get better power from a nice, rich, open-loop solution with minor PC trimming (or custom-mapped Nemesis), than with the PC attempting to dramatically enrich the open-loop portion of the stock ECU's map.

If you are going to end up with a Nemesis, then you don't need a PCIII.

But if you are going the DP ECU or equivalent reflash route, then you may well want to trim with a PCIII anyway.

Given that the Akra carries a port for the O2 sensor, somebody at Akrapovic thinks it will work okay with the stock ECU. If so, it should work even better with FatDuc and a PCIII loaded with the 'stock' map.

If later on you want to go open-loop via a reflash, your experiment will have cost you only the price of the FatDuc.

(Assuming no engine damage from running too lean, perhaps a dangerous assumption.)

Ah, choices ...

DucNrun

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 07:00:22 AM »

BTW, I have a barely used Fat Duc FS. PM if interested.
DucRulz

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »

Took the day off from work, waited around all day to see if "Brown" had a packege for me yestrday. B-I-N-G-O it came around 2 o'clock. Good directions, photo copied pictures but better than nothing coffee. Fit and finish look excellent, passed the eye candy test. I'll start install tonight, should finish early Saturday depending on when my brewski runs dry drink. Felt feather light so definit weight reducing mod.

All in all, looks like a very quality addition to the Duc. I'll get pics and more info up Monday or Sunday after  a little more hands-on garage time.

LA

The Sleek Black Beauty

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »

Without a DP ECU this is all just pissing into the wind.

And none of the set ups talked about earlier will equal the DP ECU in low speed smooth operation as well as plenty fuel to run wide open.

DP ECU is stinkingly expensive at $1300.  Re-flash stock ECU $500 ? maybe?

The other models of controllers will never talk well to the stock ECU that's looking for feedback from the o2 sensor to look up the correct amount of fuel.  DP ECU doesn't look for O2 readings.

Of course, YRMV.

Good luck,
LA

"I'm leaving this one totally stock" - Full Termi kit, Ohlins damper, Pazzo levers, lane splitters, 520 quick change 14/43 gears, DP gold press plate w/open cover, Ductile iron rotors w/cp211 pads.

R90S (hot rod), 80-900SS, Norton 850 MkIII, S4RS
flanman

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 06:11:15 PM »

update?

DucRulz

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 11:38:22 AM »

DucRulz

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »

DucRulz

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 03:22:34 PM »

IMO- Welds are excellent and quality, sound is great. Not loud but throaty. I will get the ECU and DP airbox installed by next weekend I can update again on changes. It does feel peppier!

dbran1949

2007 S4RS Black Termis

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 05:51:51 PM »

Any chance to get a video up on youtube?
DucRulz

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 10:08:02 AM »

I don't have a digital recorder, but I will ask a couple buddies.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: