Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 01, 2024, 02:17:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Engine belt cover things...  (Read 14547 times)
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 07:00:47 AM »

This is an older pic of my bike, but I made these out of my stock belt covers for a total of around $30 or so (most of which went towards the mesh screen and epoxy).  Not the best, but it was my first attempt of taking the dremel tool to anything on my bike.  I also did the exhaust shields and sprocket cover on the other side.  I used flat black Krylon spray paint and a spray on clear coat.  One of the guys on the old site suggested that I clean the parts, spray first coat and let sit for 24 hours.  Same thing for 3 coats.  Let cure for 48 hours and then clear coat (I did two coats of clear)  Worked well for me.  I would guess that if you just wanted to paint, it shouldn't be over $9 or $10. 

That  is very creative!  Good for you! =D  I like!

Thanks for the tips everyone.  I just put the order into Amazon.  Hopefully I'll get my black belt covers done by Friday.  If I am feeling brave, maybe I'll try to coat the parts of the exhaust I don't like myself until I can afford the $1300 full arrows.

Did you paint the underside of the cover too?

"Do something each day that scares you..."
Tigermeat
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2009, 09:07:16 AM »

This is an older pic of my bike, but I made these out of my stock belt covers for a total of around $30 or so (most of which went towards the mesh screen and epoxy).  Not the best, but it was my first attempt of taking the dremel tool to anything on my bike.  I also did the exhaust shields and sprocket cover on the other side.  I used flat black Krylon spray paint and a spray on clear coat.  One of the guys on the old site suggested that I clean the parts, spray first coat and let sit for 24 hours.  Same thing for 3 coats.  Let cure for 48 hours and then clear coat (I did two coats of clear)  Worked well for me.  I would guess that if you just wanted to paint, it shouldn't be over $9 or $10. 

Nice looking covers. waytogo  I like the mesh look and the heel guards top it off.
yotogi

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 12:36:48 PM »

3 pages on painting belt covers?   bang head    laughingdp

MsTek appears to inspire many of our members. -=smirk=-

Charlief

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »

It's funny how no one has told her to use the "search" option.
Wouldn't it be funny if she was a guy posing as a girl?...  Now that would be a funny joke.

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »

It's funny how no one has told her to use the "search" option.
Wouldn't it be funny if she was a guy posing as a girl?...  Now that would be a funny joke.

Does my posting really bother you?  I do use the search option-  it makes it a hell of a lot easier when everyone posts the same thing in one thread.  Then I just click my name to find what I am looking for.

If it bothers you, if you see my name starting a topic, just don't click it.  It's as simple as "using the search function".   Kiss

And why does gender always have to come up, eh?  I have an innie, you have an outie, at the end of the day, we both ride Ducaits.   [moto]

'Nuff said. Grin
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:53:53 PM by MsTek » Logged

Bun-bun

2002 M620 Dark ie

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2009, 03:29:01 PM »

Does my posting really bother you?  I do use the search option-  it makes it a hell of a lot easier when everyone posts the same thing in one thread.  Then I just click my name to find what I am looking for.

If it bothers you, if you see my name starting a topic, just don't click it.  It's as simple as "using the search function".   Kiss

And why does gender always have to come up, eh?  I have an innie, you have an outie, at the end of the day, we both ride Ducaits.   [moto]

'Nuff said. Grin
Now, now, don't get your panties in a bunch

Um, never mind.

"A fanatic is a man who does what he knows God would do, if only god had all the facts of the matter" S.M. Stirling
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2009, 05:21:28 PM »

I'm only here in the hope of catching one of MsTek's overly indignant outbursts... so far this one is easily my favorite:

...... I don't see me crying about shit. I see me asking a question (which I WILL NOT DO on this board anymore.)
..... Proper breaking is understanding when and how to use both brakes.  But see, that's just me... if you don't wanna , you don't have to.
..... Grilled for something I did 14 years ago?  I also ate poorly and partied too much.  If I had to choose? I'd say the 20 hole doc martins were a better choice than the Adidas that I wear now.  But you know what?  My other option WOULD be  thigh high leather boots with a leather sole and a five inch heel that I wear for fun when I go out on occasion- which would be ridiculous on the bike and would mean I deserve to get hit. 
......As of now, I am totally turned off asking questions.  I'll read, I'll comment, but as I said, I can take questions somewhere else.

Grin

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »

I'm only here in the hope of catching one of MsTek's overly indignant outbursts... so far this one is easily my favorite:

Grin

I feel honored and almost famous.  If someone is keeping that close of tabs on me to the point of spending time to quote me (be it to look them up or save them to a notepad file for later)-

well that means I occupy more of their mind space than say- taking a dump.  Which in the rules of the Internet means

I win.

Wink

Please, keep it up.  THIS I enjoy.  Do you have anything else of mine that you've saved up?  Smiley

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »

Do you have anything else of mine that you've saved up?  Smiley

... Saved up?  Roll Eyes   This is a public space, the words of each of us are here for all to view 24/7.   Just that when I see something that ....um.... amuses me... I like to share  cheeky

So please don't feel especially honoured, I'm sure you're not the first member here whom I've quoted.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »

... Saved up?  Roll Eyes   This is a public space, the words of each of us are here for all to view 24/7.   Just that when I see something that ....um.... amuses me... I like to share  cheeky

So please don't feel especially honoured, I'm sure you're not the first member here whom I've quoted.

Oh... so you spend a lot of time on the internet quoting people?

Verrrry interesting! }:p

"One-K-Duc"

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2009, 06:55:19 PM »

This thread became quite hilarious - and even before I read through it my mind said - (in good humor of course)

- If it was a dude posting the question - it would have received a couple good responses - maybe - but most likely a "do a search" post right away

- However - a "female rider/good looking chick" posting - and its got 4 pages worth in no time -

Good stuff for sure - after this study in sociol0gy - I think I'll rename myself, and add a femal pic - (no offense msTek) and than get a lot of good feedback to my posts, questions etc... Smiley

Its all good - no worries and all that other happy horse-shi% stuff - Hope you are enjoying your sunday night!  laughingdp

07 S2R 1000 Sil/Blk - NEW mods - Spark Full Exhaust (DP ECU, open airbox), Rizoma Bars, CF Belly, CF 996 fender, SpeedyMoto belt covers, dual headlights, home tail chop, Billet - brake/clutch res covers, alternator shaft cover, oil fill plug, shock racing mini LED markers, MadDuc open clutch, Paulimoto spider-ring, removed emmissions can, CRGs, DP gel seat, removed cupcake pegs
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »

This thread became quite hilarious - and even before I read through it my mind said - (in good humor of course)

- If it was a dude posting the question - it would have received a couple good responses - maybe - but most likely a "do a search" post right away

- However - a "female rider/good looking chick" posting - and its got 4 pages worth in no time -

Good stuff for sure - after this study in sociol0gy - I think I'll rename myself, and add a femal pic - (no offense msTek) and than get a lot of good feedback to my posts, questions etc... Smiley

Its all good - no worries and all that other happy horse-shi% stuff - Hope you are enjoying your sunday night!  laughingdp

=(

If you think I am good looking from looking a tiny squished photo of me, you are strange!!

Look, I'll change my photo if that makes you feel better.  And my forum name is the name I've used on the internet since I was 20 (33 now... so that's what?  13 years?)

psycledelic

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »

Wow, and I thought I was just helping a new Monster owner out with some of the same questions I had when I first bought my bike.  But hey, be it a man, woman, ugly ass gorilla that braids underarm hair and smells like booty, I am here to help. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
yotogi

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »

I certainly didn't mean anything by my comment. I just have found the difference in thread length for your topics sociologically interesting. In the end, I like seeing people trip over themselves to be helpful.  popcorn

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »

We can let this thread die now.  I bought the paint the other day and it should be here tomorrow.  Hopefully my CORRECT bar ends too which means I can take off the protruding mirrors.  If I am lucky, new exhaust in three weeks. I'll try to rip off the reflectors some time this week.  I'll post a photo then.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: