Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 06:18:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you say "BLANG BLANG!"? (some Rizoma and CF goodies arrive)  (Read 3017 times)
Grug

« on: April 26, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »

Well my Monza-style carbon fibre bellypan and Rizoma Class Retro mirrors and bar ends have now arrived so I thought I'd see how they look on the bike:

I still need to pick up a mounting kit for the belly pan, and I'm going to paint it black too, when I get the chance. Still a lovely looking piece of kit and I got it for an absolute bargain ($155 AUD, that's just $112 USD):

And here's how it'll look on the bike, I love how these pans compliment the monster's lines so I'm keen to get it properly mounted:

Some good old Italiano Bling:

And mounted on the bike:

I was pretty hesitant about forking out for the Class Retros, because they're so bloody expensive. But I think they're the nicest looking mirrors I've seen for the Monster, and no matter how many other cheaper alternatives I looked at - I knew that if I didn't get them at first, I'd end up getting them anyway (costing me more in the long run) so I gave in ordered them. They're a gorgeous piece of kit, superbly made, very well suited to the bike (in my opinion) and best of all - I can see the road behind me now! And not just my elbows!

Hope you like.

DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:08:03 AM »

Nice!!

What all is involved in a "mounting kit" for the chin fairing...bolts alone, or brackets too?

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
weemonster
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:45:59 AM »

Nice!!

What all is involved in a "mounting kit" for the chin fairing...bolts alone, or brackets too?

4 brakets and 4 bolts .
Grug

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 05:33:29 AM »

4 brakets and 4 bolts .

ARGH!  bang head I just realised that I should have picked up the mounting kit when I went to the Ducati Dealers today to collect a new tank clamp to replace the one that just broke. Damnit!
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 06:49:57 AM »

4 brakets and 4 bolts .

Yep the brackets arent much more than an inch or two of sheet metal with short section of threaded tube at either end.  With a little sheet metal and tools one could cobble up a set w/o too much effort.  But the brackets don't cost much, so busy types who aren't good at quick fab (like me) might want to just spring for them.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
patorojo

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:25:13 PM »

+1 on the mirrors.  Not only do they look good, but they are incredibly functional with the anti-reflective coating and reasonable size and placement.

Arne Berger
2007 S2R1K
2007 DL650
2005 DRZ400S
Paegelow

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »

Anti-reflective mirrors, eh?  Makes sense
Grug

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 07:01:48 PM »

+1 on the mirrors.  Not only do they look good, but they are incredibly functional with the anti-reflective coating and reasonable size and placement.

Is that what that blue tinting is?

The improved visibility they offer is great, but the one point I will make - the mirrors do have quite a substantial "distancing" effect (i.e. the car in your mirror that looks to be about 2 car-lengths back, is only 1 car-length back, which is something to keep in mind).
Paegelow

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 07:26:22 PM »

My CRG's are like that too.  Very convex, so it took some getting to used to so that I could estimate how far back stuff actually was
sfarchie

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 09:01:29 PM »

You're gonna paint your CF belly pan? I'm starting to really dig the looks of the belly pan. Hope they'll have a decent one for the M1100 soon.

Ray
SFaRChie
'10 Streetfighter, '01 KTM Duke II, '09 M1100S (RIP), '08 Vespa GTS 250,'58 Vespa Allstate (RIP), M696 (sold)
Grug

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 03:29:48 AM »

You're gonna paint your CF belly pan? I'm starting to really dig the looks of the belly pan. Hope they'll have a decent one for the M1100 soon.

Yeah, I think so. I love the look of CF on non-dark coloured monsters (I think it looks just incredible on red bikes in particular) but I feel that on the darker monsters, particularly black ones, it looks so close to the black paint that it often ends up appearing like slightly off-coloured bodywork, rather than complimenting the existing bodywork (if that makes sense?).
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 05:13:18 AM »

I was pretty hesitant about forking out for the Class Retros, because they're so bloody expensive. But I think they're the nicest looking mirrors I've seen for the Monster, and no matter how many other cheaper alternatives I looked at - I knew that if I didn't get them at first, I'd end up getting them anyway (costing me more in the long run) so I gave in ordered them. They're a gorgeous piece of kit, superbly made, very well suited to the bike (in my opinion) and best of all - I can see the road behind me now! And not just my elbows! Hope you like.

lol - I went through exactly the same thought process....  "ooh they look sooo cool... jeez they're so damned exxy"...  but I agree with you, they look so good that in the end I just had to.  My Rizoma Class Retros arrived yesterday, lovely bit of gear.... but not only do they look cool they actually allow a completey clear and vibe free rear view..... Soooo... now that I can see what's behind me far from being a huge expense, with the money that I save in speeding tickets they'll pay for 'emselves in no time  Wink

....crappy pics I know.... but best that could be done at midnight...lol
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:23:12 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
NekkedChic
Naked Bikes-u dirty boyz!

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 05:33:06 AM »

WAIT!!!   Will the belly pan fit my '09 696?!!!   It hides the header pipe dip I hate so much!!   

also, are those mirrors bar "clamps"??   Trying to find similar to bar ends or low profile, but that I will not have to lose my Rizoma bar end/sliders to fit! 

Ducatista Barista
Grug

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 06:56:13 AM »

lol - I went through exactly the same thought process....  "ooh they look sooo cool... jeez they're so damned exxy"...  but I agree with you, they look so good that in the end I just had to.  My Rizoma Class Retros arrived yesterday, lovely bit of gear.... but not only do they look cool they actually allow a completey clear and vibe free rear view..... Soooo... now that I can see what's behind me far from being a huge expense, with the money that I save in speeding tickets they'll pay for 'emselves in no time  Wink

Glad to hear I'm not alone!

WAIT!!!   Will the belly pan fit my '09 696?!!!   It hides the header pipe dip I hate so much!!   

I'm not sure, it's the "Monza-style" pan, so you'll have to see whether that's compatible.

also, are those mirrors bar "clamps"??   Trying to find similar to bar ends or low profile, but that I will not have to lose my Rizoma bar end/sliders to fit! 

No, they require the bar-ends in order to fit. On the website it suggested that you don't need bar-ends to mount them, but I tried every which way to mount them on the end of my handlebars but failed miserably.

I would prefer my bar-ends to be on the outside of the mirrors, so that in the event of a fall/slide they have some protection. But I couldn't figure out how. How did you mount yours ungeheuer?
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »

....they require the bar-ends in order to fit. On the website it suggested that you don't need bar-ends to mount them, but I tried every which way to mount them on the end of my handlebars but failed miserably.

I would prefer my bar-ends to be on the outside of the mirrors, so that in the event of a fall/slide they have some protection. But I couldn't figure out how. How did you mount yours ungeheuer?

um.... they do not require  bar-ends....  I dont understand why you couldnt mount the mirrors directly on the ends of the bars....  I wasn't prepared to do away with my tapered Rizoma bar ends coz I like em too much, but coz they are tapered obviously you cant mount bar-end mirrors on them.  Soooo I took 'em off mounted the mirrors directly on the end of the bars using the larger bush that came with your mirrors, and put the bar ends back on the ends of the bars!  Simple.  I have Rizoma grips though which are 8mm shorter in length than the original ones, giving me just enough bar end to bolt the mirrors on to..... Hope that helps, but its definitely possible to put the mirrors inboard of barends.... as you can see from my pics. 

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: