Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 08:06:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ride Reports_Let's Hear 'em!  (Read 6051 times)
madmatt
If my bike had teeth, they'd be crooked.

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 01:53:53 PM »

Had a long lunch with some coworkers today.  This was our route (i think):

Office, PCH, Topanga, Fernwood, Saddle Peak, Schuren, Piuma, Malibu Canyon, PCH, Malibu Inn for Lunch, back to Malibu Canyon, Mulholland, Stunt, Saddle Peak, Tuna, PCH, back to work

PCH is cut up and not fun for approx 3 miles.
The usual suspect roads were all relatively clean.
A few LEOs here and there, especially around Bu Cyn and Mulholland area
Tuna Cyn SUCKS - my wrists hurt and I was so bored I was considering driving into a tree just to spice things up.

All in all, a nice way to get paid.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:58:32 PM by madmatt » Logged

'07 Daytona 675, '04 GSXR 750, '08 YZ250F

gm2

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 07:22:25 AM »

Tuna Cyn SUCKS - my wrists hurt and I was so bored I was considering driving into a tree just to spice things up.

laughingdp

Like this is the racing, no?
joekarati

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »

Thirty Three

Saturday June 7th

thinking about the ride in 4 sections...and remember, if/ when you see semi-dump trucks hauling, they will be in groups of two!

the first section before the tunnels is clean, BUT then there is posted a traffic signal that comes up quick shortly after the tunnels, it's a one lane timed light that takes up to two minutes...it comes up VERY fast, so mind yourself after the tunnels.

after the ranger station, section 2 is good, (this is SteveG's favorite section) but here the descending lane has it's dirty parts.  lots of blind rights, the shrubbery has grown up a bit in the spring and makes it difficult to see cyclists that are climbing, and seeing through the turns.  most of this section is smooth as it has been repaved.  THE CATCH here is that the new repave has DUG OUT reflector "holes" in the middle of the road...(*reminder*  Smiley stay loose on the bars if you hit that shit for any reason).

section three, after the repave ends, the topside to the crest is bumpy and at times patchy, but also clean...

section four (after the crest), down to the fast backside all the way to Tom Wolfe's place is the usual...very fast, but a couple of sections where climbers and hikers pull off the road...very clean, some limited visibility due to shrubs, but fun as all hell.

good times, guess the gang will be rolling thru there next weekend...oh, btw, not one LEO, not one other bike at Tom's...and the weather was perfect, pretty windy up at Tom's though and a bit cooler than expected...

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:01:29 AM by joekarati » Logged

There's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Bad Dog

Be Careful out there, Folks !

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 11:14:51 AM »

Thank you, Joey.
I'm scheduled to be there tomorrow morning.....

waytogo

.....BD

'01 Monster S4,  '00 996S, '07 1098,  B2's '06 GSXR 1000,  '68 Norton 750 Commando Fastback
joekarati

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »

Thank you, Joey.
I'm scheduled to be there tomorrow morning.....

waytogo

.....BD

I'm already here in Ventura, most likely will stay the night and go ride again..Where we meeting and at what time?

jc

There's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Gus Duc

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »

Sat 06/07

Inglewood Blvd. to 405 North exit Century Blvd.  Same ride every day except Mon. & Tues.

Not nearly as fun as Joey C on the 33 but I do get the occasional wheelie & I pulled a nice one thru 3rd gear today on Century & got a  waytogo from a hottie waitng for the Manhattan Beach Shuttle Cool

Looking forward to next Sat. waytogo
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:48:25 PM by Gus Duc » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: